PDA

View Full Version : Lysacek wins 2010 Sullivan Award

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

FigureSpins
03-15-2011, 12:52 PM
Congratulations to Evan!!

azskatefan
03-15-2011, 01:44 PM
Congratulations to Evan! Obviously, his sportsmanship and community service weighed heavy in this decision, as his athletic accomplishments for 2010 as a whole equal 50% of winning. ;) Although, hey, I guess he won the one that matters! :)

NancyNC
03-15-2011, 02:53 PM
Congratulations to Evan - very well deserved for all that he accomplished last year! :)

calica
03-15-2011, 03:14 PM
? Come on guys, I KNOW he beat "the evil commie Russian"

Is this term used yet somewhere?:confused::D

Congrats to Evan. i donīt like his skating but itīs good for figure skating.

skatesindreams
03-15-2011, 05:59 PM
I'm so happy for him!

OnyxRose81
03-15-2011, 09:51 PM
Congrats to Evan!

skipaway
03-15-2011, 10:06 PM
Late to the party, but congrats Evan. :cheer2: well deserved

misskarne
03-15-2011, 10:46 PM
You're missing the point, guys.

He won the OGM in FEBRUARY 2010. He has done absolutely NOTHING competitive since. Are you HONESTLY saying that NO other amatuer athlete in the whole United States won anything else last year?

I'd feel pretty miffed if I was another amatuer athlete. The guy wins one thing, whoop-de-doo. He didn't even win it by a convincing amount. I'm sure there are plenty of other athletes who've had multiple wins who deserved this more.

Sylvia
03-15-2011, 10:50 PM
Video of the Sullivan Award presentation is available for viewing here: http://www.aausullivan.org/

chipso1
03-15-2011, 10:55 PM

He won the OGM in FEBRUARY 2010. He has done absolutely NOTHING competitive since. Are you HONESTLY saying that NO other amatuer athlete in the whole United States won anything else last year?

I'd feel pretty miffed if I was another amatuer athlete. The guy wins one thing, whoop-de-doo. He didn't even win it by a convincing amount. I'm sure there are plenty of other athletes who've had multiple wins who deserved this more.

No, YOU'RE missing the point.

The award is for achievements in the year 2010. Evan won a freaking Olympic gold medal in 2010. I wouldn't call that a "one-thing-whoop-de-doo" kind of win. :rolleyes:

misskarne
03-15-2011, 10:58 PM
No, YOU'RE missing the point.

The award is for achievements in the year 2010. Evan won a freaking Olympic gold medal in 2010. I wouldn't call that a "one-thing-whoop-de-doo" kind of win. :rolleyes:

Please do share what else he competed in and won in 2010.

The Olympic gold medal is a good acheivement - but there would have been amatuer athletes who struggled all season long in 2010, won many times, perhaps, who've missed out here. THAT's my problem.

UGG
03-15-2011, 11:00 PM

Here is a list of the nominees. Seems like most of them had one big win in 2010. A few of them did not win anything. Evan's accomplishments seem in line with the other nominees.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2010-sullivan-award.htm

chipso1
03-15-2011, 11:02 PM
Please do share what else he competed in and won in 2010.

The Olympic gold medal is a good acheivement - but there would have been amatuer athletes who struggled all season long in 2010, won many times, perhaps, who've missed out here. THAT's my problem.

Here's a list (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2010-sullivan-award.htm) of the other 2010 nominees. Please do share who you think should have won the award and which of their achievements trumps an Olympic gold medal.

paskatefan
03-15-2011, 11:02 PM
Congrats to Evan (and Frank)! :encore:

misskarne
03-15-2011, 11:20 PM
Here's a list (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2010-sullivan-award.htm) of the other 2010 nominees. Please do share who you think should have won the award and which of their achievements trumps an Olympic gold medal.

I quite liked the wrestler, and the volleyballer. Good, year-long achievements on several different stages.

Why should THEY be at a disadvantage because it just happened to be a Winter Olympic year and not a Summer Olympic year?

But I guess none of you will ever see WHY I'm so confused and perhaps a little ticked on behalf of the other nominees. I'll go waste my breath elsewhere.