PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Weir news, quotes and articles - v.3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

psycho
05-15-2012, 01:54 AM
So then who was it giving interviews after the Olympics claiming that by the time he skated the FP, "the North American spot on the podium" was already taken and that is why he got the marks he did? Not only was that untrue, but it also wasn't "gracious in defeat".

:lol::lol::lol: Your conviction in your own omniscience and righteousness reminds me of Aubrey O'Day from a recent installment of Celebrity Apprentice. Check it out, you have a kindred spirit out there!

Aftershocks, I applaud you for still, after all this time, doing your best to keep every Johnny thread from becoming a cesspool! :respec:

overedge
05-15-2012, 04:14 AM
:lol::lol::lol: Your conviction in your own omniscience and righteousness reminds me of Aubrey O'Day from a recent installment of Celebrity Apprentice. Check it out, you have a kindred spirit out there!

It's not "omniscience" and "righteousness" to cite facts. And the fact is that Johnny said what I have quoted him as saying. Sorry if you can't deal with that.

Aftershocks[/B], I applaud you for still, after all this time, doing your best to keep every Johnny thread from becoming a cesspool! :respec:

It was a cesspool long before now.

aftershocks
05-15-2012, 02:48 PM
It's not "omniscience" and "righteousness" to cite facts. And the fact is that Johnny said what I have quoted him as saying. Sorry if you can't deal with that.

When the subject is Johnny Weir, overedge, I think it's quite obvious that you are one of the "don't love him" peeps who "can't deal."

It was a cesspool long before now.

Yes, another one of your true facts, which btw, doesn't contradict either me, psycho, or Johnny. :P

Thanks for the info, Pink Feathers, about Johnny and Gracie.

Good to hear from you, psycho!

PinkFeathers
05-15-2012, 10:36 PM
Johnny and Victor attended the opening gala for the American Ballet Theatre last night in NYC, and Vanity Fair has a rather humorous interview with them:

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2012/05/johnny-weir-puppy-sports-bra#slide=1

:rofl: :lol:

Bournekraatzfan
05-17-2012, 02:16 AM
That oozes SEEEEEXXX! Look at those shiny leather tights. (Sorry Plushenko, Johnny's Sexy and I Know It beats Sex Bomb). :D

What do you think of making this into a short program?;)

I love Johnny's skating, and if he does come back, I wish him well. That said, I hope he does his homework on COP, fixes the flaws and gets kickass scores. ...

I'm with you, manleywoman. I just love Johnny and really want to see programs that show off the run of his edge, the cleanness of his turns, and his exquisite carriage and line (along with a better jump layout). More intricate and difficult choreography will not only up his transition and choreography scores, but could also help him gain points in skating skills ('multi directional skating', 'mastery of one-foot skating' and even 'cleanness and sureness of deep edges, steps and turns') along with P/E (namely for 'variety and contrast' and 'clarity of movement') and could even help him capture the style, mood, and nuances of the program and music. I would love to see a spiral as a transition, for instance (utilizes his edges and accentuates his line and is performed on one foot...he used to do one into his lutz, I believe). Also, a difficult entry into a jump (counter or rocker, for example) would also up his GOEs.

I really can't wait to get more news about his new programs. I kinda want to see him work with Sebastien Britten. In any case, I, like others, am happy to see him back in competitive skating. and thank you to PinkFeathers and everyone else who has provided links and news. I love that we have this thread to discuss Johnny:)

Bournekraatzfan
05-17-2012, 02:58 AM
Is anyone here attending Artistry On Ice? I hope we get some fan vids!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpQrAEMHgrU

Holley Calmes
05-17-2012, 01:03 PM
I love Johnny's skating-a lot. But if he comes back, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Johnny-find some music that doesn't put me into a black hole of depression or totally to sleep!!! I can't remember the last time I listened to the music while Johnny skated. I just turn down the volume and have a visually lovely experience sans "music."

But I do hope he returns.

PinkFeathers
05-22-2012, 12:42 AM
Johnny just tweeted:

In honor of the Grand Prix selections today, I'd like to announce that the title of my new free program is..."Phoenix." for my fans...

Whee :D

DickButtonFan
05-22-2012, 04:26 AM
What song is "Phoenix" and how is it for his fans?

judiz
05-22-2012, 04:39 AM
Johnny said he was dedicating his return to skating to his fans and his family

I'm not sure if Johnny is portraying a phoenix in his free skate or if he identifies with one.

a mythical sacred firebird that can be found in the mythologies of the Arabian, Persians, Greeks, Romans, Egyptians, Chinese, Indians and (according to Sanchuniathon) Phoenicians.
It is described as a bird with a colorful plumage and a tail of gold and scarlet (or purple, blue, and green according to some legends[which?]). It has a 500 to 1000 year life-cycle, near the end of which it builds itself a nest of twigs that then ignites; both nest and bird burn fiercely and are reduced to ashes, from which a new, young phoenix or phoenix egg arises, reborn anew to live again. The new phoenix is destined to live as long as its old self.
The Phoenix's ability to be reborn from its own ashes implies that it is immortal, though in some stories the new Phoenix is merely the offspring of the older one. In very few stories they are able to change into people.

Jayar
05-22-2012, 04:41 AM

It could be Firebird.

falling_dance
05-22-2012, 04:48 AM
It could be Disco Firebird. (Okay, not really.)

PinkFeathers
05-22-2012, 04:56 AM

Knowing Johnny, it's a mix of songs with "Phoenix" as a theme.

Just no firebird, please :scream:

Jenna
05-22-2012, 04:59 AM
Firebird sounds about right for "Phoenix." I'm sure it will be thrown in there somewhere.

Johnny's comeback is really exciting me, not going to lie. :cheer:

falling_dance
05-22-2012, 05:06 AM
Johnny's comeback is really exciting me, not going to lie. :cheer:

I'm also pretty psyched about it. :fan21:

Of course, I have no idea what music will be used in the program, but Johnny + Scriabin could be interesting.