PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Weir news, quotes and articles - v.3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

IceJunkie
05-27-2011, 05:04 AM
Congrats to Johnny! He is, um, actually the first gay grand marshal? I noticed all of the others were just straight women who love/are loved by gay men. :lol:

Previous grand marshals have included Sharon and Kelly Osbourne, Chelsea Handler, Cyndi Lauper and Kathy Griffin.

Sylvia
05-27-2011, 05:42 AM
May 26, 2011
Weir, skater ``first and foremost,'' still unsure about comeback
http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/sports_globetrotting/2011/05/johnny-weir-comeback-.html
An excerpt:

Weir told me he was still unsure about a comeback, either next season or later. Should he want a Grand Prix assignment in the fall of 2011, Weir must notify U.S. Figure Skating of that desire by June 21. He has yet to make such a request.

``I've been trying to find out what hoops the federation will want me to jump through,'' he said. ``I shouldn't be treated differently from anyone else. The question is whether I want to jump through the hoops.''

blue_idealist
06-06-2011, 12:55 AM
Speaking of Johnny Weir, I saw him on tv in a dress this evening, but I missed the explanation as to why he actually had a dress on. If anyone can enlighten me, thanks. lol.

AndyWarhol
06-06-2011, 04:05 AM
Speaking of Johnny Weir, I saw him on tv in a dress this evening, but I missed the explanation as to why he actually had a dress on. If anyone can enlighten me, thanks. lol.

it bought out the colour in his eyes?

REO
06-06-2011, 05:30 AM
On TMZ? He felt like it. I loved how he said he watched their show and saw his pic on someone's cubicle. It's been up there forever. Somebody is a fan.

VALuvsMKwan
06-06-2011, 03:42 PM

Because he's a sweet transvestite from Lan-cast-er, Penn-syl-va-ni-a, ah hahhh! :rofl:

Justathoughtabl
06-06-2011, 08:39 PM
Seconded that he wore a dress because he felt like it. This must have been what it was like when women started wearing bloomers and then slacks. Oh, the horror! What does it matter, really?

REO
06-06-2011, 09:03 PM
Because he's a sweet transvestite from Lan-cast-er, Penn-syl-va-ni-a, ah hahhh! :rofl:

I watched that yesterday! :lol:

Wyliefan
06-06-2011, 09:09 PM
Seconded that he wore a dress because he felt like it. This must have been what it was like when women started wearing bloomers and then slacks.

You mean, when hundreds and thousands of women started wearing them? I think there's a flaw in the comparison.

olifaunt
06-06-2011, 10:06 PM
Because dresses are fun and comfortable and he looks nice in them? That's why I wear dresses. It's not a big deal.

Sylvia
06-08-2011, 05:56 PM
For those wondering why Johnny has been tweeting from Miami this week: Johnny Weir skates into town for MAC show (http://miamiherald.typepad.com/gaysouthflorida/2011/06/johnny-weir-skates-into-town-for-mac-show.html)

Weir will zip in to town for the MAC Cosmetics conference Wednesday in Miami Beach and check out the holiday 2011 collection. He uses the beauty brand’s bronzer, powder, and a lip conditioner during performances. He’ll also show off his blade moves for a VIP audience on a special “rink’’ covered with something called “plice,’’ a type of plastic ice.

“I’m not so happy about that,’’ Weir says of the synthetic. “I’ll be flopping around in this giant ballroom. I’ll try my best because who doesn’t want to start summer with a little ice skating?’’

overedge
06-08-2011, 06:29 PM
Geez, I hope he's ready to replace his blades after skating on plastic ice. That stuff is nasty.

VALuvsMKwan
06-08-2011, 06:46 PM
Geez, I hope he's ready to replace his blades after skating on plastic ice. That stuff is nasty.

No offense, but I certainly hope that he has "backup" blades to use there instead of his normal performance blades.

Who knows - maybe he is ready to buy new blades (or has done so already) and will send whatever pair he uses at this event out in style by performing there.

Justathoughtabl
06-08-2011, 10:03 PM
According to his Twitter, he fell. But it wasn't clear if he fell while skating. He said he fell off the stage and hurt his thumb.

YukiNieve
06-10-2011, 07:03 AM
Johnny at Macy's on June 9.
At the begining there was a brief fashion show on men's clothes and Johnny MCed it.

http://twitpic.com/59d2hm
http://twitpic.com/59d3jd

The show was followed by Q&A for him and then book signing.
When asked about which music he would have liked to skate to
(or to that effect), he answered Liebestraum, without hesitation,
and continued as:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=becKGKR2_ak

I hope he can bring it back to life if he thinks the program would have been so beautiful !

He was very kind and gracious to all the fans that were there,
taking enough time to talk to each one of them at the book signing.
If you did not have his book, they gave you his portrait with Macy's logo.
Some snacks and drinks were served as well (not sure if this is specific to this store) - all free! ;)