PDA

View Full Version : Ladies' champion at Worlds

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

neptune
03-11-2011, 04:14 AM
I guess it's about time we started the polls for Worlds. :) I'm picking Ando. She's not a sure bet, but I would give her a slight edge over Kim.

Jenna
03-11-2011, 04:16 AM
It's very difficult to determine without having seen Kim once this whole year. I'm pretty sure Ando will be somewhere on the podium. Mao could win or be out of the medals depending on the day. Kostner, Korpi, Czisny, and Murakami will look to spoil, I think.

Right now, I'll be bold and say Kim will win.

neptune
03-11-2011, 04:20 AM
Kostner, Korpi, Czisny, and Murakami will look to spoil, I think.

Buncha spoilsports. ;)

Right now, I'll be bold and say Kim will win.

Actually, being bold would be saying that one of those four will win. :)

jjane45
03-11-2011, 04:25 AM
Mao FTW! (really just want her to be her happy self)

neptune
03-11-2011, 04:26 AM
Mao FTW! (really just want her to be her happy self)

I know what you mean. In a sense, I don't care who wins--I just hope we see some stirring performances...and, of course, fair judging. ;)

BigB08822
03-11-2011, 05:23 AM
Ando has been so solid, has she made a single mistake in the LP all year? I have to think if she just sticks to her game plan she will sneak in for the win. Asada is doing better but will probably be lucky to go completely clean and have both 3axels rotated. Kim is a complete question mark and she has only ever gone completely clean in the LP once as it is. A clean solid skate with 6 triples could be all one needs.

FrouFrou
03-11-2011, 06:27 AM
Gut says Ando, but hoping it's Asada.

WayCon
03-11-2011, 06:52 AM
Who can say what will happen without knowing something about Yuna's current condition. Has anyone read/seen/posted anything that would give us a sense of how she is right now?

Yuna aside, though, I would say Ando, unless Asada gets lucky. Ando sometimes isn't the most exciting, but she seems solid, and she appears to be getting stronger (and more exciting) with each event.

I can't be sure about this, but I often get the feeling that the judges want to give it to Kosner--"Let's give it to a (western) European once in a while." I wonder if that same sentiment bouyed Lambiel, once in a while, as well.

RumbleFish
03-11-2011, 07:22 AM
Are they going to go on with the Worlds in Tokyo?
I've just heard that Japan was hit hard by a massive earthquake.

WayCon
03-11-2011, 07:42 AM
Are they going to go on with the Worlds in Tokyo?
I've just heard that Japan was hit hard by a massive earthquake.

I would guess, yes, the event will still happen, judging from the reports, but who knows? Japan has very high safety standards for the construction of buildings, so the country will probably not be devastated. Plus they have several weeks to pull themselves together.

RumbleFish
03-11-2011, 07:53 AM
I would guess, yes, the event will still happen, judging from the reports, but who knows? Japan has very high safety standards for the construction of buildings, so the country will probably not be devastated. Plus they have several weeks to pull themselves together.

I don't question safety standards in Japan, but what I've seen on TV seems pretty bad. I heard both the Narita and Haneda Airports have been closed. I won't be surprised to see significant casualties in both human lives and infrastructure.

Preliminaries are scheduled only 10 days away, and I fear that they are hit too hard to carry on with the Worlds.

FrouFrou
03-11-2011, 07:54 AM
I think that should be least of your worries.

RumbleFish
03-11-2011, 07:59 AM
:confused:

skatepixie
03-11-2011, 08:14 AM
If they do hold it, I would like to see Mao win. And I'm not even a fan, generally.

blue_idealist
03-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Who is Mary Ann Summers?