PDA

View Full Version : Ladies' champion at Worlds

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

pinky166
03-11-2011, 03:14 PM
Miki I think will be on the podium, not sure if she will win. I picked her in the poll, because she's been more consistent than Mao this season, Yuna has yet to compete, and the likes of Kostner, Korpi, Czisny are headcases. As for Murakami, she has a chance, but she's really young and unexperienced so idk if nerves/pressure will get to her or not, plus I also don't think she's world medalist material quite yet unless some big talents bomb (which is definitely possible). Mao has been skating better, but she hasn't been able to beat Miki yet, so I tend to think she'll be right below Miki here again. Yuna at her best is much better than Mao and Miki, but I don't know how much we can expect from her at this point, and I'm also curious about her LP layout. Czisny may make the podium but I doubt she wins, and I'm starting to fear she peaked too early this season.... Kiira couldn't handle the pressure at Euros, so I doubt she goes clean at Worlds.

a56
03-11-2011, 03:20 PM
I think Miki will win her 2nd world title. Given her two wins over Asada at her country's nationals and at Four Continents, if she's clean, I think she'll win.

Vagabond
03-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Who is Mary Ann Summers?

:eek:

That you should have to ask!!!!!

:scream:

a56
03-11-2011, 03:32 PM
:eek:

That you should have to ask!!!!!

:scream:
Actually, I had to look her up on Wiki. I had no idea who she was either. :cold:

miki88
03-11-2011, 03:45 PM
Who knows? I guess it's a safer to bet on Miki or Kim but then there are always a few surprises at Worlds. And one reason I am wary of picking Miki as the winner is that she has proven to underperform when she is picked as a strong contender. Such as at Olympics, this year's GPF. However, when the spotlight is mostly on others, she surprises us like in 2009 and 2007 Worlds.

MikiAndoFan#1
03-11-2011, 04:44 PM
And one reason I am wary of picking Miki as the winner is that she has proven to underperform when she is picked as a strong contender. Such as at Olympics, this year's GPF.

I don't think Miki is like that anymore. She's much more stronger mentally than before. And this year's GPF placement was due to her new SP.

NMURA
03-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Kim has good excuses to withdraw now, such as "safety" seasons.

briancoogaert
03-11-2011, 05:13 PM
Of course (because I'm far from liking her skating), I'd like to see someone else winning, but IMO, Miki is the best shot at a Gold. ;)

riveredge
03-11-2011, 05:20 PM

It will also applies to any skater who withdraws, not only Yuna.

wnstnluv
03-11-2011, 05:22 PM

Why the quotation marks? Aftershocks can be just as scary. Although the probability of them happening decrease with time after the initial earthquake, Japan is a major earthquake zone. Even if Tokyo isn't near the epicenter of the quake, damages could occur in a domino-like fashion. If people don't feel comfortable travelling there, they shouldn't.

a56
03-11-2011, 05:22 PM
Let's not take potshots at other skaters, especially during a time such as this.

Aceon6
03-11-2011, 05:42 PM
Let's not take potshots at other skaters, especially during a time such as this.

ITA, if the airports are open and arena is safe, what better way to support Japan than show up and skate?

NMURA
03-11-2011, 07:19 PM
It will also applies to any skater who withdraws, not only Yuna.

Well, I'm saying "excuses", not real anxieties. At least, other skaters don't need to be afraid of "losing faces". Let's see when Kim's "announcement" comes. In 2008, Kim withdrew from 4CC (in Seoul) just one week before the competition.

a56
03-11-2011, 07:23 PM
:violin:

Frau Muller
03-11-2011, 07:33 PM
I voted for Kanako. There's no holding back 'Jumpin' Jack'!

I bet that Mary Ann Summers is being coached by 'The Professor' - a.k.a. Morozov! :)