PDA

View Full Version : Felicia Zhang and Taylor Toth End Partnership

Jenna
03-10-2011, 03:04 AM
http://www.facebook.com/feliciazhang.taylortoth#!/feliciazhang.taylortoth?sk=wall

shan
03-10-2011, 04:47 AM
:(

pinky166
03-10-2011, 02:51 PM
This is why American pairs never go anywhere and don't medal at the World Championships....they never stay together long enough!!

Sylvia
03-10-2011, 03:12 PM
It's just not that simple.

Anyway, there's been discussion on this split in the Pairs/Dance Splits thread in GSD starting last night (post #92 on page 5) and in the US Pairs thread in the Trash Can.

ETA:

I agree that this wasn't unforeseeable in the weeks since Nationals, but I still think it's disappointing.
If it's true that Felicia might relocate for college, why wasn't this considered 2 years ago when they teamed up? US teams all too often seem to have little forsight, patience or perseverance.
Again, it's not that simple. Fans have every right to be disappointed when teams split up, but it's the skaters that have to decide what's best for them. Oftentimes, skaters team up due to being in the right location and/or circumstances in their careers. I'm glad Felicia decided to try pairs, and with her attending public high school in New Jersey, the University of Delaware was one of the few places she could train in pairs (and singles) without leaving home... and even that was a tough daily commute by car.

BTW, it looks like Felicia Zhang waited until her and Toth's names were removed from the 2010-11 Team B envelope and the ISP list on the USFS site before posting about their split on Facebook last night.

Here's the link to the official USFS press release published today (3/10): http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=45852&type=media

haribobo
03-10-2011, 05:17 PM
This is why American pairs never go anywhere and don't medal at the World Championships....they never stay together long enough!!
:blah:
1. broken record. and don't judge if you haven't tried it.
2. this pair really wasn't going to win Worlds anyway, good but even with a lot of work it was pretty tough to imagine that level of success for them...so there's no reason toiling away for years to finish 5-10 at Nationals for 8 years in a row at Nationals if you have other goals in life.

Agree with Sylvia on all points....

Carolla5501
03-10-2011, 10:43 PM
Those who can "do" and those who can't "harp on FSU"

(And yes I am an FSU poster so I am part of the "harping" but I never blame the kids for saying "enough" I mean after all, how many of us at that age knew EXACTLY what the next year would bring ,much less next 4....)(