PDA

View Full Version : American Idol - Top 13 (March 9th and 10th)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Jenna
03-10-2011, 02:55 AM
Overall, it was a pretty good night!

Pia, James, Jacob, and Scotty are the stand outs for me!

my little pony
03-10-2011, 02:57 AM
naima makes me wonder what all of the people who didnt get a wildcard are doing, that drove me to the fridge for a fudgesicle

phoenixflamezzz
03-10-2011, 02:59 AM
My rankings from best to worst:

Pia
James
Naima

Jacob
Scotty
Lauren
Stefano
Casey
Thia
Haley

Karen
Ashthon
Paul

Cyn
03-10-2011, 03:01 AM
For me, the weakest tonight were Ashthon, Paul, Karen, and Jacob (the latter primarily because I freaking cannot stand "I Believe I Can Fly" :scream: ). Naima's performance had problems, but I totally dig her vibe and want her to stay in to see what she can bring to this. Thia has a nice voice, but that rendition of "Smile" bored me to tears.

The standouts for me were Pia and James.

Kruss
03-10-2011, 03:29 AM
I'm shocked that I loved James' performance for the second week in a row. I hate the screaming he did in earlier rounds, but today it made sense. He didn't over-screech it, and the ending was really good.

Based on vocals (even if one doesn't like the song or style), I give my second and third props to Stefano, Pia and Scotty.

I love Naima, but I can't give it to her tonight - her pitch/key was all over the place, but I think she realized it.

Is it too early for me to start screaming for ear monitors again?

taf2002
03-10-2011, 03:37 AM
1. Lauren Alaina Any Man of Mine (Shania Twain)...very weak, not even close to what she can do & she totally lost my vote with her pouting face & her "I didn't want to do a ballad because that's what everybody does". Way to throw everyone doing a ballad under the bus. Obviously she's afraid of Pia.

2. Casey Abrams With A Little Help From My Friends...loved the performance, the singing not so much

3. Ashthon Jones When You Tell Me That You Love Me....zzzzzzzz

4. Paul McDonald Come Pick Me Up (Ryan Adams)....OMG, what was that dreck?

5. Pia Toscano All By Myself...hate the song, she didn't bring anything new to it, & she had some pitch problems too

6. James Durbin Maybe Im Amazed...I usually not a fan but this was best of the night for me...it was controlled & mostly on key

7. Haley Reinhart Blue (LeAnn Rimes)...I liked this better than anything I've heard her sing before, don't care for the yodeling but the rest of the song was good

8. Jacob Lusk I Believe I Can Fly...one of the worst songs ever written & sung the worst I've ever heard it....shudder

9. Thia Megia Smile (Michael Jackson)...zzzzzzzzzz

10. Stefano Langone Lately (Stevie Wonder)...I like him but he did have some problems, overall pretty good

11. Karen Rodriguez I Could Fall In Love (Selena)...song too big for her & she made it boring

12. Scott McCreery The River (Garth Brooks)...I can't stand country & I can't watch him sing...the faces he makes make me uncomfortable

13. Naima Adedapo Umbrella...not a fan of this song but I loved her choreography...that should have woken up the crowd

Pretty bad - Jacob, Paul, Ashton, Karen, Thia, Scotty
Pretty good - Lauren, Casey, Pia, Haley, Stephano, Naima
Good - James

BigB08822
03-10-2011, 03:42 AM
I will just say who I hope is in the bottom three:

Jacob, Paul and Ashton

Who I think will be in the bottom three:

Ashton, Paul and Haley

Scott was awful to me, he had some serious phrasing issues. He can't do this dreck every week and expect to win, I will call that right now. Jacob made my ears bleed and I hope he goes home but I don't even expect him to be in the bottom tomorrow. Lauren was boring but probably has the fanbase to stay afloat.

BigB08822
03-10-2011, 03:54 AM
I ended up sending 5 votes to Lauren and Stefano because I think both deserve to stay but based on tonight could be in danger (mainly Stefano). I also voted twice for James because he won the night for me but I doubt he needs many votes.

dbell1
03-10-2011, 04:21 AM
Lots of screechy people on that show this year. I may see if my :cat: can apply next season. :scream:

PrincessLeppard
03-10-2011, 04:26 AM
Is it too early for me to start screaming for ear monitors again?

Why are they not using them, do you suppose? David Cook's and Adam Lambert's seasons used them, and those were two awesome seasons with lots of quality singing.

And then there was last year :scream: Do they want a repeat of that?

Kruss
03-10-2011, 04:44 AM
Why are they not using them, do you suppose? David Cook's and Adam Lambert's seasons used them, and those were two awesome seasons with lots of quality singing.

Exactly, I was yelling all season last year that they needed them. I have no idea why they aren't allowed anymore.

Last season there were many complaints that the singers couldn't hear themselves on the stage, and tonight it's already been mentioned. Yet the guest singers are allowed to wear them on results night - you watch, Adam will have them in, as will all the other performers this year. That says something - they need them to hear themselves!

shan
03-10-2011, 04:46 AM

We don't want a repeat of last year. I was watching tonight's show, trying to think of last year's contestants. Outside of Crystal and Lee, I couldn't think of a single one.

taf2002
03-10-2011, 05:04 AM
We don't want a repeat of last year. I was watching tonight's show, trying to think of last year's contestants. Outside of Crystal and Lee, I couldn't think of a single one.

How can you forget Casey (the body)?

haribobo
03-10-2011, 05:36 AM
I'd rank this way-

1. James Durbin :cheer:
2. Naima Adedapo :cheer:
3. Casey Abrams :cheer:
4. Pia Toscano :)
5. Haley Reinhart :)
6. Scotty McCreery :)
7. Paul McDonald :/
8. Lauren Alaina :/
9. Stefano Langone :/
10. Thia Megia :( (frown, not smile ;) )
11. Ashthon, Karen, Jacob :mad:

Very interesting night, and extremely disappointing for places 8-13 in my rankings. James was just gorgeous, I didn't want it to end. And I haven't been crazy about him to this point. Really nice to see him tone it down. Naima- I'll always take fun and exciting over solid but predictable. There was some definite shakiness at points but that's not exactly easy to sing at that tempo anyway, even Rihanna is usually teetering on the edge of disaster. But my god, that girl can DANCE, and I love her FIYAH, reggae craziness, this performance was just WILD and so fun for me. Idol has never had someone like her and I hope she can stick around at least til top 7 and outlast some of the snores...Casey was great, as always, good times. I hope he's around a long time- this season would be sucky without him! Pia was amazing but the arrangement of her song just seemed out of order and confusing to me. Didn't totally work because of that, but she could really do some things in this competition with the right songs.

Haley, I enjoyed- she didn't overdo it, just pretty and nice for her to do a song I've never seen on Idol. But, it wasn't crazy good, just adequately good. I like her cause she's real. Scotty sounded real nice as always, but that song was a total snooze. Last week was also a snooze. We're gonna have to do something more interesting soon, buddy. Paul was nice, but my god his voice is SO thin. I enjoy him an adequate amount, but I don't think he's making it past top 7. He's just too soft, and weird. And his teeth are crazy white and it scares me. Lauren was just kind of there tonight. That song leaves no lasting impression for some reason, and that's why Siobhan and Mandisa both got dumped after singing it. I suspect Lauren will survive, but not her best, at all. The Reba joint was SO much better for her. Stefano, agh. He has talent but his performance is SOOOOOOO cheesy. I cannot stand to watch him present. Its just soooo fakey. Too bad cause he is quite a good singer and good looking too. KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN AND STOP FLINGING YOUR ARM OUTSTRETCHED LIKE THAT! Someone needs to stop him from these things, ASAP.

Thia, what a snooze. Smile, really? Ashthon, ugh. I hate her whole act, its already old. She is soooo fake. That never works on Idol, she's practically already gone. She had *some* potential but she isn't that great and keeps picking the wrong songs, wrong hair, wrong makeup....and she's just fake fake fake. Karen, barf. Never shoulda made it. Jacob, double barf. Get all these people off my tv. Lauren Turner, Hollie Cavanagh, Rachel Zevita, Tim Halperin all wuzrobbed. MAJORLY.

Allskate
03-10-2011, 05:55 AM
Not a great night. Too many boring songs or odd arrangements.

Lauren -- I don't think she's in any danger. She just didn't bring as much oomph to the performance as she could have, but she sang well and she was probably smart not to do a ballad tonight.

Casey -- I find him so entertaining, but I don't think he will have a broad appeal in the end. He can't growl and be intense every week. He's going to have to pull back at some point.

Ashthon -- Boring song choice, boring singing. Not particularly good singing. I still predict her to be the first one to leave.

Paul -- I guess I'm in the minority, but I like the tone of Paul's singing. It seemed like he brought a little faster tempo to the song, and it worked. (The staggering on the stage? Not so much.) But, I do think that a lot of people probably aren't familiar with the song and may only know Ryan Adams as Mr. Mandy Moore. Paul has to pick some better known songs.

Pia -- I've never been a fan of the song, but Pia sang it very well. I wish she would lose the arm movements and the Vegasy dresses. I'd like to see her try a look and sound that is more contemporary and get an idea of what kind of recording artist she would be.

James -- I guess I expected to like it more based on the reviews. It could just be because I don't love the song all that much, but I just though it was good, not great. I do like that he dialed it back a little and showed better control.

Haley - My favorite part was watching Steven. :lol: She sang well, but she's just not my cup of tea. I find her performance style annoying, though not quite as much this week.

Jacob- I don't think anyone should ever use the word "Idol" with the name "R. Kelly" when trying to appeal to mainstream America. :lol: So not my taste in music, but I guess I can't call him boring. Really didn't like the caterwauling toward the end.

Thia -- I've never liked this song, and I didn't like it any better with this odd arrangement. I think Thia is clueless about this song, but she sang decently. The judges weren't that harsh on her, so I wasn't sure why she was crying. She did sing better than the other boring singers.

Stefano -- I didn't like the arrangement or his stage presence. He sang okay, but I don't think that kind of song suits him as well as some of the songs he's done before.

Karen -- Boring song and arrangement and she didn't sing it very well. Her voice really isn't as powerful as she wants it to be. She probably deserves to be the one going home.

Scott - Definitely not my type of song and I don't care for his facial expressions, but there's no doubting the boy can sing. But, just how many times is he going to say that he's just going to be himself (but not change up the song)? :lol:

Naima -- She sang it as well as Rhianna does. :lol: But, at least she was more interesting than the other women and she has a stong stage presence.

I'd like to see one of the boring singers go home. Either Karen or Ashthon, but Thia would be fine.