PDA

View Full Version : American Idol - Top 13 (March 9th and 10th)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]

skatesindreams
03-14-2011, 08:45 PM
I hope that Casey is feeling better, and able to continue, also.

shan
03-14-2011, 09:50 PM
Casey's latest tweet: "I AM out of the hospital, feeling so energetic too. I owe it all to #Tigerblood"

I hope his medical problems are under control and he is able to stay in the competition.

He seriously said "tigerblood"? :scream:

Rob
03-14-2011, 10:15 PM
I think my 2 favorite voices of those I have seen on AI are Jacob and Melinda Doolittle. I usually only watch an episode here or there so I haven't seen everyone. I came across Melinda when flipping channels and I watched the rest of that season just for her.

Allskate
03-15-2011, 02:21 AM
I think my 2 favorite voices of those I have seen on AI are Jacob and Melinda Doolittle. I usually only watch an episode here or there so I haven't seen everyone. I came across Melinda when flipping channels and I watched the rest of that season just for her.

I think Melinda is very talented. I just didn't like her music choices, and she was a bit boring in terms of personality. I would have loved to have seen more of this side of her when she was on Idol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9ZEx-PXdt4&feature=player_embedded

He seriously said "tigerblood"? :scream:

As I said before, I don't think everyone is going to appreciate his sense of humor.

taf2002
03-15-2011, 06:30 PM

There are 2 things I don't like about Jacob's voice. The 1st is his vibrato. It makes his voice sound shaky at times. The other is that he sings a lot of notes that sound just not quite on key. Sometimes he holds a note that starts off being not on key & then becomes on key. I don't know quite how to describe it.

rfisher
03-15-2011, 06:53 PM
I saw on MJs blog that they've stopped the live audiences at dress rehersals. No more song spoilers. :(

I'll be they're taping everything and don't want anybody to know. :sekret:

my little pony
03-15-2011, 07:02 PM
I

I'll be they're taping everything and don't want anybody to know. :sekret:

dont want anyone to know what they really sounded like / grassy knoll]

taf2002
03-15-2011, 07:39 PM
I don't really care if they pretape as long as they aren't enhancing the voices in any way. After all, the CDs we buy are seldom live. And we I Tivo the show & what it later then it's the same as taped at that point. Just like the west coach is seeing it taped.

Aceon6
03-15-2011, 08:09 PM
There are 2 things I don't like about Jacob's voice. The 1st is his vibrato. It makes his voice sound shaky at times. The other is that he sings a lot of notes that sound just not quite on key. Sometimes he holds a note that starts off being not on key & then becomes on key. I don't know quite how to describe it.

From other posters responses to him, I guess it's a matter of taste. I don't care for singers who slide into key, but some folks like it. I guess I was spoiled by being exposed to Mel Torme and Ella Fitzgerald. Those two could sing between the keys and make it sound like the song was written that way. In less capable hands, it just sounds off to me.

PeterG
03-16-2011, 01:25 AM
I don't really care if they pretape as long as they aren't adhancing the voices in any way.

That will not happen. This is.........(SeacrestPauseTM).........American Idol!!!