PDA

View Full Version : American Idol - Top 13 (March 9th and 10th)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

venja
03-11-2011, 01:57 AM
Ashton sang the song way better than she did yesterday.

I predicted the correct bottom three, but I think just about everyone else did too.

algonquin
03-11-2011, 01:57 AM
Ashton out. They won't waste a save on her. They could have given other Lauren this spot.

Is the save a new thing?

rfisher
03-11-2011, 02:14 AM
Is the save a new thing?

No, they've used it before. It was put in after the season where J Hudson and LaToya were eliminated mid season. If they use it, two people are eliminated the next week.

algonquin
03-11-2011, 02:18 AM
No, they've used it before. It was put in after the season where J Hudson and LaToya were eliminated mid season. If they use it, two people are eliminated the next week.So, it only used when there are 13?

rfisher
03-11-2011, 02:20 AM
So, it only used when there are 13?

No, they've used it a couple of times, but there's always a double elimination to follow in order to keep on schedule.

haribobo
03-11-2011, 02:21 AM
No, they've used it before. It was put in after the season where J Hudson and LaToya were eliminated mid season. If they use it, two people are eliminated the next week.

No, that was season 3. They didnt start the save until season 8- Matt Giraud was the first ever save. Last year they used it on Michael Lynche.

JILEN
03-11-2011, 02:22 AM
How many save there is though only one?

taf2002
03-11-2011, 02:43 AM
There were 2 people in the top 13 who IMO have never had a really good performance: Ashthon & Jacob. I was surprised he wasn't in the bottom 3. He can go home next.

Jacob, Paul, & Thia were worse than Haley last night...I don't think she deserved to be in B3.

I think we all knew they weren't going to use the save on Ashthon. They probably won't use it unless it's Lauren, Pia, or Casey, maybe James.

LuckyCharm
03-11-2011, 03:10 AM
How many save there is though only one?

Yes, just one per season. And IIRC, it can't be used after the competition gets down to 5 contestants.

Jayar
03-11-2011, 03:34 AM
There were 2 people in the top 13 who IMO have never had a really good performance: Ashthon & Jacob. I was surprised he wasn't in the bottom 3. He can go home next.

Have you ever even listened to music? Jacob has had phenomenal performances every time save for last night. You might not like his style, but he is delivering.

taf2002
03-11-2011, 03:43 AM
Have you ever even listened to music? Jacob has had phenomenal performances every time save for last night. You might not like his style, but he is delivering.

Uh yeah, I have listened to music. Real music where the person stays on key, sings the melody as written, and doesn't scream. What a concept.

Just because you like his style (I don't know what you'd call it, but I guess it is a style) doesn't mean everyone will. Even the elite & educated might not like his singing. Believe it or not.

Phenomenal? I don't think so. Even his much touted God Bless the Child made my ears bleed.

BTW, rude much?

Rob
03-11-2011, 04:34 AM
I was relieved that Karen got another chance. Hope she does something with it. I would not have had Haley in the bottom 3. I guess she does need to find her identity as a singer to pull in the fans.

shan
03-11-2011, 04:36 AM
I don't like Jacob's style at all.... :scream:

Jayar
03-11-2011, 05:01 AM
Uh yeah, I have listened to music. Real music where the person stays on key, sings the melody as written, and doesn't scream. What a concept.

Just because you like his style (I don't know what you'd call it, but I guess it is a style) doesn't mean everyone will. Even the elite & educated might not like his singing. Believe it or not.

Phenomenal? I don't think so. Even his much touted God Bless the Child made my ears bleed.

BTW, rude much?

Jacob has stayed on key throughout the competition except last night. I have no doubt in my mind that, while you may listen to music, that you haven't a musical bone in your body. As a former professional singer and performer, I can say with certainty that what Jacob does is amazing. You may not like it, but he is great in his niche... Like James for example. I do not like his style, but I can appreciate what he does. And I throw votes his way. I want this competition to mean something to those who sing well whether I like what they do or not. I guess we just have different approaches to how we view it.

And about the rudeness... have we met? I'm a bitch.

Jayar
03-11-2011, 05:02 AM
I don't like Jacob's style at all.... :scream:

That's great. :) Thank you for not saying what he does is horrible. It just means that you don't like it. :)