PDA

View Full Version : Which ladies' skaters have the Best Speed?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

IneZR
03-03-2011, 08:20 AM
Kostner is really fast, especially when you watch her live. Leonova looked incredibly slow at Euros in Tallinn - I don't know maybe she just skated slow at that particular competition, but she had zero speed on her spirals and step sequences, especially in contrast to Kostner. It's amazing to watch how Carolina gains speed so effortlessly from just couple of crossovers!

RumbleFish
03-03-2011, 08:40 AM
Among the current senior ladies: Kostner, Kim, Lepisto, Rochette, Nagasu, Zawadzki.

Nagasu shows great speed only when she lets it loose. Zawadzki lacks effortless quality yet, but she is only a junior and her best is yet to come.

Kelvster
03-03-2011, 08:42 AM
i have watched suguri live many times and i have to say, I'm always impressed by her effortless glide across the ice!!!

looks like i'm one of the few who will miss suguri's skating .. :(

Jenny81
03-03-2011, 09:12 AM
ok you just made Ando part up.

What do you mean?

Jenny81
03-03-2011, 09:22 AM
I remember Suguri also looked definitely pumped up tailgating Kim. :lol:

:lol:

Extranjera
03-03-2011, 10:24 AM
Not sure how Cohen or Ando can be considered fast. I found both their weaknesses to be their speed.

I've always thought Cohen is slow on her spirals but her speed on other elements seems very good: especially in her last year SP and her SP from 2005/2006. I would never think "Dark eyes" was slow...

Of course YUNA KIM!!!!
Her speed during step sequences always amaze me. So fluid and fast!!

Yuna has breathtaking speed entering her jumps (especially flip and lutz :eek: )and on her spins and spirals but one year ago her speed on steps looked a bit slower to me :slinkaway It still seemed much faster than most of other skaters but not as fast as her steps from TdR or DM. But like I mentioned many times it's only my impression based on TV, not live experience so I may be wrong ;)

MikiAndoFan#1
03-03-2011, 10:57 AM
I think Carolina is the fastest. Yu-Na is also very fast. Miki, Mao and Joannie aren't the fastest, but they are not slow, either. Fumie's speed in the past was just :eek:.

LOL at all the Arakawa, Suguri, and Murakamis.
To some, Japanese skaters can't do anything wrong and best at everything.

:huh: :rofl:

Loves_Shizuka
03-03-2011, 11:57 AM
I have an impending sense of doom about this thread.

smarts1
03-03-2011, 01:14 PM
Among the current senior ladies: Kostner, Kim, Lepisto, Rochette, Nagasu, Zawadzki. I remember Suguri also looked definitely pumped up tailgating Kim. :lol:

Among the juniors: Sotnikova, and after watching the preliminary at the JWC, I thought Ira Vannut was pretty fast. Canít wait to see all of them live this weekend! :D

Zawadzki!?!?!? There's been numerous discussions about her powerless stroking on FSU....

Taso
03-03-2011, 01:26 PM
Arakawa had the most amazing stroking, because she could get across the entire ice surface at the same speed on 2 or 3 strokes with almost no effort that other people put in countless strokes to achieve. Kostner's effect is similar.

To add to the list of old timers, Anna Rechnio, Laetitia Hubert, and Surya Bonaly all flew. I shouldn't bring Bonaly up at all because her technique for achieving speed was completely different from everyone else's before or since, and Rechnio & Hubert pumped hardcore a la Suguri, but if we're looking at just speed, those ladies flew!

Extranjera
03-03-2011, 01:29 PM
I have an impending sense of doom about this thread.

There's no impending sense, just pure curiosity ;)

JerseySlore
03-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Laetitia Hubert skated scary fast :eek:
I wonder how many of her many, many mistakes were induced by that crazy speed.

Maximillian
03-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Laetitia Hubert skated scary fast :eek:
I wonder how many of her many, many mistakes were induced by that crazy speed.

It's very true, Kostner's skating reminds me so much of Hubert's.

miki88
03-03-2011, 03:09 PM
There's no impending sense, just pure curiosity ;)

I think she meant there are bound to be those who are going to use this thread to delve into their same old discussion over and over again. :scream:

npavel
03-03-2011, 03:27 PM
when you see them live it's definitely Kostner than Kim, Nagasu,