PDA

View Full Version : 2012 US Figure Skating Championships - San Jose, CA

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Sk8SanJose
03-01-2011, 08:15 PM
All-Event ticket packages are now available and the best part about it is that you can PICK and CHOOSE your own seats over the phone with a live person! This benefit is only available until April. After April, All-Event ticket packages will only be available through Ticketmaster and we all know how that goes...visit www.skatesanjose2012.com for more details.

sk9tingfan
03-03-2011, 10:34 PM
http://www.skatesanjose2012.com/hotels.aspx The link is working, and I have already made my reservations.

Get ready for sticker shock! The top three hotels, the Fairmont, the Marriott and the Hilton are all $159 per night + 14% room tax + around $2.50 per night fees. The Marriott is already sold out, so maybe this is being reserved for a certain population, i.e. skaters, officials, judges, etc.

There are a few secondary hotels whose nightly rates are marginally less expensive:

-The Four Points Sheraton-No stated rate
- The Hotel De Anza - Closest but with no stated rate
- The Crowne Plaza $149
-The Saint Clare $145

dots
03-04-2011, 02:34 AM
I just realized there's a payment plan? Oh, front row seats :swoon:

thank you, thank you for the link! :swoon:

Sassafras
03-04-2011, 02:42 AM
I made room reservations this afternoon.

dots
03-04-2011, 02:45 AM
http://www.skatesanjose2012.com/hotels.aspx The link is working, and I have already made my reservations.

Get ready for sticker shock! The top three hotels, the Fairmont, the Marriott and the Hilton are all $159 per night + 14% room tax + around $2.50 per night fees. The Marriott is already sold out, so maybe this is being reserved for a certain population, i.e. skaters, officials, judges, etc.

There are a few secondary hotels whose nightly rates are marginally less expensive:

-The Four Points Sheraton-No stated rate
- The Hotel De Anza - Closest but with no stated rate
- The Crowne Plaza $149
-The Saint Clare $145

Oh god for a 5-6 day stay it'll be around $900+ , more than an all event ticket for a front row seat :(

MountainTime
03-04-2011, 02:51 AM
I lived in San Jose for 20 years until retiring. May I recommend a small hotel named the Arena? Its a quick walk to the HP Pavillion, affectionately called the Shark Tank because the San Jose Sharks play there.
The Arena has lovely grounds, microwaves in the rooms, hot cookies when registering and is quite comfortable. Its also across the street from a fabulous, family owned chocolatier. San Jose is the 3rd largest city in California so hotels are abundant.
Feel free to email me at sk8photo@hotmail for any questions you may have. I am also a foodie and can direct you to a charming neighborhood called Willow Glen with boutique shops, tree lined streets and the best Italian deli in town. I miss San Jose every day.

bohemianrsdy
03-04-2011, 04:48 AM
When and where can we purchase single event tickets?

TanithandBenFan
03-04-2011, 03:16 PM
Where is the secondary practice rink going to be located? Will there be a FanFest? Are there any events at the convention center? Information is a bit lacking so far....

sk9tingfan
03-04-2011, 03:22 PM
Seems like this organizing committee may be having some difficulties getting their act together. They were supposed to be coming out with some significant twitters and emails yesterday afternoon and FOFS from USFSA was also supposed to come out with an email yesterday. Neither happened. They must have hit some significant glitches that has delayed announcements.

nubka
03-04-2011, 04:26 PM
My sis and I are booked at the Hilton. Does anyone happen to know how close it is to the arena?

Sassafras
03-04-2011, 04:32 PM
My sis and I are booked at the Hilton. Does anyone happen to know how close it is to the arena?

If you go to the Host Hotel section of the event website, it says .77 miles. You can pull up a map that shows where the hotel is in relation to the arena.

sk9tingfan
03-04-2011, 06:37 PM

Deleted

BackOnTheIce
03-04-2011, 11:13 PM
Being a Bay Area Native I agree with Mountain Time. And yes Willow Glen is super charming and fun to roam around. However, the neighborhood that this hotel is in (very close to HP) has a number of nice places to eat and have coffee/drinks as well - it is "The Alameda." I plan on staying at The Arena too.

:lol:

I lived in San Jose for 20 years until retiring. May I recommend a small hotel named the Arena? Its a quick walk to the HP Pavillion, affectionately called the Shark Tank because the San Jose Sharks play there.
The Arena has lovely grounds, microwaves in the rooms, hot cookies when registering and is quite comfortable. Its also across the street from a fabulous, family owned chocolatier. San Jose is the 3rd largest city in California so hotels are abundant.
Feel free to email me at sk8photo@hotmail for any questions you may have. I am also a foodie and can direct you to a charming neighborhood called Willow Glen with boutique shops, tree lined streets and the best Italian deli in town. I miss San Jose every day.

Carolla5501
03-05-2011, 02:18 AM
Actually the price isn't bad for that area..... It's not going to be a cheap trip folks :)

MacMadame
03-05-2011, 04:15 AM
Seems like this organizing committee may be having some difficulties getting their act together. They were supposed to be coming out with some significant twitters and emails yesterday afternoon and FOFS from USFSA was also supposed to come out with an email yesterday. Neither happened. They must have hit some significant glitches that has delayed announcements.

They announced the host hotels yesterday. At least I got an email about it. :shuffle: