PDA

View Full Version : Sasha Cohen - what is she doing now?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14

FrouFrou
03-11-2011, 06:32 AM
^ I saw that too. I think it was Jimmy Kimmel.

skatepixie
03-11-2011, 07:10 AM
Many people mistakenly believe that a college education is the ticket to financial success. (It's not.) But for someone who's already financially successful, I think it's also good that they broaden their horizons instead of spending the rest of their life doing the same exact thing they were doing as a child.

But if Sasha enjoys her time skating with Stars on Ice, I don't begrudge her doing that full-time as long as she wishes.

Why should that be a problem if you enjoy it and can support yourself? I think if someone has found success, the very least they should be afforded by others is not having to become someone else's idea of well rounded to please other people.

Not saying she shouldn't go to college, just that there is no reason for her to unless she has a desire to, which, apparently, she does.

Anita18
03-11-2011, 05:02 PM
Why should that be a problem if you enjoy it and can support yourself? I think if someone has found success, the very least they should be afforded by others is not having to become someone else's idea of well rounded to please other people.

Not saying she shouldn't go to college, just that there is no reason for her to unless she has a desire to, which, apparently, she does.
Well I didn't say it would be bad if she didn't, but it would be nice if she did. :lol: I believe in being well-rounded, although you're right, it doesn't always have to involve going to college. She could try something else not skating-related that doesn't involve school. Or not, it's up to her. ;)

Skittl1321
03-11-2011, 05:12 PM
She could try something else not skating-related that doesn't involve school. Or not, it's up to her. ;)

Like acting? :)

UGG
03-11-2011, 07:18 PM
The hair cut is really horrible. It makes her look like a 35 year old soccer mom. I like it long much better although not in the french braids that some are talking about. I like the braids for 18 year old Sasha but not 26 year old Sasha. I think either half up half down, bun with part to the side, or sophisticated pony tail suite her well.

orbitz
03-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Like acting? :)

She tried it. It didn't work out long term. So what?

leesaleesa
03-12-2011, 02:03 AM
I think the education Sasha received travelling the world at a young age is nothing to sneeze at. A degree is fine for those academically inclined, but Sasha seems more interested in creative pursuits. That doesn't make her less smart or less educated than someone with a formal degree.

She's an extremely accomplished, intelligent, well raised young woman who has made some very good choices in her life that most of us can only dream of. The haircut not being one, of course. :)

Sasha'sSpins
03-12-2011, 03:39 AM
^ I saw that too. I think it was Jimmy Kimmel.

Yes! It was Jimmy Kimmel-thanks for the memory jog! I also remember Sasha showing Kimmel how to use the mortar and pestle at one point. :lol:

FrouFrou
03-12-2011, 05:47 AM
Yup, sounds about right. :lol:

Enero
03-13-2011, 08:19 AM
I'm happy to see that she's still with SOI. Its a great place for her right now because she continues to skate, receive the spotlight she loves and make money. It also gives her the opportunity to make a sustainable salary while she explores other career possibilities. She seems to have a lot of interests so it could take some time for her to decide on what path she'd like to take after skating.

Regarding the haircut, it's horrendous. :eek: It ages her at least 10 years. That said, I think she can salvage it. She needs to return to her stylist and request a shorter cut. Sasha has a gorgeous face, and IMO can pull off a short or long style if done right. I think she would be stunning with a Mia Farrow cut. It'd probably still make her look a little older, but at least the cut would be youthful.

skatepixie
03-13-2011, 11:53 AM
Well I didn't say it would be bad if she didn't, but it would be nice if she did. :lol: I believe in being well-rounded, although you're right, it doesn't always have to involve going to college. She could try something else not skating-related that doesn't involve school. Or not, it's up to her. ;)

I think we're agreeing in different words, then. :)

sbmeagain
03-13-2011, 02:06 PM
At least she can afford extensions!

RD
03-13-2011, 02:41 PM
"Gorgeous" face? that is, a face we've never even seen without ample make up on :shuffle:

:P

pinky166
03-13-2011, 03:04 PM
"Gorgeous" face? that is, a face we've never even seen without ample make up on :shuffle:

Her nose is quite big...

Wyliefan
03-14-2011, 12:07 AM

:rofl: You're really reaching now, honey. Yes, there's no doubt Sasha looks exactly like the Phantom of the Opera after you wash the blush and mascara off her.