PDA

View Full Version : Sasha Cohen - what is she doing now?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

leafygreens
03-05-2011, 05:35 PM
Why is it that figure skaters who get their hair cut short always get such unflattering styles? There are gorgeous, fashionable short cuts- but never - it seems in the land of figure skating.

I don't know, but she looks like a gymnast from the 70s - not good. Honestly I think only a very few people can carry off short hair (like Michelle Williams or Carey Mulligan). The only skater who looked remotely OK with short hair was Sarah Hughes and that's pushing it. I don't like when the hair flops around, but if it's too short it doesn't look good either. Even in the old days when short hair was rampant, it didn't look good, even on everyone from Debi Thomas to Sydne Vogel to Jill Trenary to Julia Sebestyen.

This reminds me of a skating novel I read in the 80s. I can't for the life of me remember what it was called. But in it, there was a high level skater whose coach forced her to "cut it off" after she spent too much time messing with her ponytail. Basically the novel showed the sacrifices that skaters make. I don't know if this kind of thing happened in real life or just the novel but perhaps it can explain why so many skaters used to have short hair back then. I think that now, the glamour of long hair is too important, especially in ice dancing, for most to consider short hair.

Coco
03-05-2011, 09:44 PM
She's got granny hair. :yikes:

seriously! + soccer mom.

orbitz
03-05-2011, 11:49 PM
Why is it that figure skaters who get their hair cut short always get such unflattering styles? There are gorgeous, fashionable short cuts- but never - it seems in the land of figure skating.

Two words: Dorothy Hamill.

Jammers
03-06-2011, 02:15 AM
I just wonder how do former skaters like Sarah Hughes and Tara Lipninski make a living now? They don't seem to work for a living. You have to make money to live.

RD
03-06-2011, 02:20 AM
I just wonder how do former skaters like Sarah Hughes and Tara Lipninski make a living now? They don't seem to work for a living. You have to make money to live.

Both seem to do commentary/volunteer work. At least Lipinski does commentary for Universal Sports, and she'll be doing Worlds as well (I asked her in a tweet and she responded (!) yes)

Jammers
03-06-2011, 02:23 AM
Laura Bush on ice.

More like Barbra Bush. :lol:

Lacey
03-06-2011, 04:17 AM
Sasha, the dress is worse than the hair, but the hair's at least awful.

IceAlisa
03-06-2011, 04:40 AM
The dress is OK and at least she can take it off. But the hair...she is stuck with that for a good while.

kwanette
03-06-2011, 10:29 AM
Both seem to do commentary/volunteer work. At least Lipinski does commentary for Universal Sports, and she'll be doing Worlds as well (I asked her in a tweet and she responded (!) yes)

I didn't realize that Sarah is doing commentary now. I must have missed it.I know she occasionally blogs for Ice Network.

escaflowne9282
03-06-2011, 01:17 PM
Eeek... what a matronly hairdo! So frumpy looking. Why not a bob or a spiked haircut if she wanted something short?

Sasha'sSpins
03-06-2011, 01:44 PM
I do not think Sasha intended to give the (false) impression she was enrolled in a class offered by Harvard. The class she took is part of a program commonly referred to as "New York Film Academy at Harvard" and, IIRC, reporters writing about what she did that summer used that title, which in itself is a bit confusing.

I don't think so either. And some of the posts here come rather close to snarking on Cohen just for the sake of snarking- big surprize :rolleyes:
rather than focusing on the positive-which is that Sasha's going to college.

Anyway, back OT I'm happy Cohen is considering furthering her education.

Sasha'sSpins
03-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Good god, that's worse than Rachael's Sally Brown 'do. That's Dorothy Hamill meets 1981 Roz Sumners. Fugly cut, very un Sasha like.

ITA. She looks middle aged with that do imo. :confused:

People snark because she doesn't go to college, then snark when she says she's taking courses. Why is it so difficult to believe she's pursuing a degree? People do it online all the time.

Well it's the thread is about Cohen. Sasha haterz just can't help themselves. They'll always snark about. :rolleyes:

Because that would be admitting that she might actually be doing something that would meet with their approval, and some of them can't bear that thought. ;)

Well put. :lol:

RD
03-06-2011, 02:52 PM
I didn't realize that Sarah is doing commentary now. I must have missed it.I know she occasionally blogs for Ice Network.

Oh sorry, I realize the language may have been confusing. I meant commentary for Ice Network (as well as written blogs- she hosted some BTS video segments for them at Nationals if I'm not mistaken).

my little pony
03-06-2011, 03:58 PM
The dress is OK and at least she can take it off. But the hair...she is stuck with that for a good while.

it's like a hat made out of little chocolate muffins

stillalive
03-06-2011, 05:41 PM
little chocolate muffins

Ok, now I'm hungry.