PDA

View Full Version : Sasha Cohen - what is she doing now?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

ChelleC
03-01-2011, 02:14 PM
This is crazy!!!!! 2010-2011. The years all our Freestylers walked out the door!!!! So what's Sasha planning?

Why is it crazy? Skaters grow older, they can't compete forever. A new group of skaters come up, and I would imagine, if you're anything like me, you'll find skaters you love just as much as the older skaters. :)

FSWer
03-02-2011, 02:38 AM
Sasha is currently performing in the U.S. Stars on Ice tour that runs through April 9th.

Here's a recent article (Feb. 16): http://articles.ocregister.com/2011-02-16/news/28610591_1_younger-skaters-figure-smucker-s-tour

So she Retired from Competing when she foun out she didn't make the Olympics.

nubka
03-02-2011, 03:01 AM
So she Retired from Competing when she foun out she didn't make the Olympics.

Making the Olympic team was her goal in coming back, so why continue?

chmea
03-02-2011, 03:02 AM
i truly HATE it. Like, i could slap the &^%% out of Michelle for not just SAYING IT... what is so undignified about the word retired?

Oh boy!!! OK, seriously everyone knows she retired. Does she need to send you a personal letter with her autograph saying that she retired ?!

By the way, many athletes never officially announced their retirement even if we know they retired : Monica Seles, Lindsay Davenport, Jennifer Capriati just to name a few. So please, slap yourself for being too harsh on Michelle Kwan. :rofl:

Angela-Fan
03-02-2011, 03:18 AM
SASHA!!! :cheer: :cheer2: :rollin::cool::D:):respec::biggrinbo;)

Sasha'sSpins
03-02-2011, 03:19 AM
Sasha is currently performing in the U.S. Stars on Ice tour that runs through April 9th.

Here's a recent article (Feb. 16): http://articles.ocregister.com/2011-02-16/news/28610591_1_younger-skaters-figure-smucker-s-tour

Thanks for posting the article!

Good on Sasha for wanting to finish her undergrad studies. Quite diverse interests, and that's great! :cool:

reese
03-02-2011, 03:23 AM
Thanks for posting the article!

Good on Sasha for wanting to finish her undergrad studies. Quite diverse interests, and that's great! :cool:

uhh... when did Sasha begin her undergrad studies? Her quote make it sound like she's halfway through or something, which can't be the case...

Sasha'sSpins
03-02-2011, 03:35 AM
uhh... when did Sasha begin her undergrad studies? Her quote make it sound like she's halfway through or something, which can't be the case...

I don't know. I just remember reading about her interest in NYU not that she actually enrolled.

Good on Sasha just the same.

ryanbfan
03-02-2011, 06:36 AM

She could've been doing it quietly on the side. Usually you can enroll in 1 or 2 classes online and work from there, or if you're a good student, you can take all your hours online (online classes are very difficult). So maybe she was taking the full load (about 12 - 16 hours ish), but whatever the case, she probably was doing them online.

leafygreens
03-02-2011, 06:39 PM
I don't know. I just remember reading about her interest in NYU not that she actually enrolled.

Good on Sasha just the same.

She also went to an acting class "at Harvard" which was just a class that rented a building on the Harvard campus. I'm skeptical about anything Sasha claims to be finishing.

RD
03-02-2011, 07:42 PM
:lol: I was always skeptical of stuff Cohen said during her career, but I think that might be taking it a LITTLE too far.

Sasha'sSpins
03-03-2011, 03:20 AM
She also went to an acting class "at Harvard" which was just a class that rented a building on the Harvard campus. I'm skeptical about anything Sasha claims to be finishing.

Well what's wrong with taking an acting class? And so what if it was in some rented building at Harvard? :confused:

I took an adult ballet class at my local community college when I found out it was offered there. It was fun and I got college credit for it too.

I think it's cool to try new things, and if Sasha enjoyed it then more power to her. I've also read she took some cooking classes. Nothing wrong with that either.

And I guess Cohen will have to pose with her diploma one day to silence the naysayers. Whatever.

She could've been doing it quietly on the side. Usually you can enroll in 1 or 2 classes online and work from there, or if you're a good student, you can take all your hours online (online classes are very difficult). So maybe she was taking the full load (about 12 - 16 hours ish), but whatever the case, she probably was doing them online.

That's a possibility too. I've taken online courses and they're a godsend especially if you work full time (or travel a fair bit like Cohen seems to).

salsalicious
03-03-2011, 07:31 PM
hmm, didn't even get through page 1 of a sasha thread without mention of the kween--ah FSU, with all the uncertainty in the world, at leas I know I can count on you to never disappoint when it comes to the kween :P

anyways, back on subject--Sasha'sSpins, what I think (?) leafygreens was getting at (by all means correct me if I'm wrong) was not that anything was "wrong" with sasha taking an acting class that rented out a building at Harvard. but that she presented it at the time as if she were enrolled in a class offered by Harvard itself.

leafygreens
03-04-2011, 06:52 PM
anyways, back on subject--Sasha'sSpins, what I think (?) leafygreens was getting at (by all means correct me if I'm wrong) was not that anything was "wrong" with sasha taking an acting class that rented out a building at Harvard. but that she presented it at the time as if she were enrolled in a class offered by Harvard itself.

Exactly, that's what I was getting at.

LESLIE
03-04-2011, 10:16 PM
It was a very nice article on Sasha. I saw her skate on SOI and she is a very graceful and elegant skater. I am glad she is touring and it gives people who like her skating a chance to see her. She can skate until her body tells her it is time to not tour as much.

She is still young and she has time to take classes as time goes on. I think she will do fine and wish her the best in the future.