PDA

View Full Version : Sasha Cohen - what is she doing now?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14

Sasha'sSpins
03-19-2011, 05:27 AM
leafy, SashaBashing is so 2003. :yawn:

:lol:

Sasha Cohen - what is she doing now?
;) http://yfrog.com/h3fb4qlj :P

On the SOI tour with Evan and chillin' poolside off hours.
That works. :summer:

VIETgrlTerifa
03-19-2011, 05:34 AM

More like who.

Just kidding!

IceJunkie
03-19-2011, 05:39 AM
I'm a Sasha fan but I never much liked her costumes. I did love her Olympic SP and LP dresses in Torino, though. As for her Swan Lake dresses, I preferred the one she wore at the 04 Worlds, the other one was too literal. Nothing was as bad as Ann Patrice McDonough's blazed on Bjork-style Swan dress that season, though.

More like who.

Just kidding!

I'm guessing not Evan. I see him more as BFF rather than BF material. :lol:

VIETgrlTerifa
03-19-2011, 05:48 AM
Nothing was as bad as Ann Patrice McDonough's blazed on Bjork-style Swan dress that season, though.

Not to mention I still LMAO remembering that she stopped in the middle of SLSS, stood there and flapped her arms like a swan. Of course, now everyone stops in the middle of their SLSS, but AP's still takes the cake.

skatepixie
03-19-2011, 05:51 AM
Not to mention I still LMAO remembering that she stopped in the middle of SLSS, stood there and flapped her arms like a swan. Of course, now everyone stops in the middle of their SLSS, but AP's still takes the cake.

AP is the one who stabbed herself at the end of Madame Butterfly, though, so what do you expect? :lol: :D

VIETgrlTerifa
03-19-2011, 06:24 AM
AP is the one who stabbed herself at the end of Madame Butterfly, though, so what do you expect? :lol: :D

:lol:

True, but at least it was a pose, not in the middle of an element.

IceAlisa
03-19-2011, 09:35 AM

Ouch, Evan is getting a sunburn!

OliviaPug
03-20-2011, 09:30 PM
Here's a good one concerning the final Rach dress, who wore it better: Sasha or Fumie? http://media.photobucket.com/image/sasha%20cohen%202002/_polkadots_/fumiesasha.jpg

Sasha definitely! But Fumie has had some gorgeous dresses over the (many) years she's been competing. And we may see many more to come if she continues to 2014 :lol:

O-

UGG
03-21-2011, 12:10 AM
I loved the robin lake dress. I thought Sasha looked great at that competition.

FSfan107
03-21-2011, 02:54 AM
I loved the robin lake dress. I thought Sasha looked great at that competition.

Me too. :) Loved that dress. That is probably my favorite Sasha dress. Either that one or either of her two R&J dresses from 2006.

leafygreens
03-21-2011, 01:55 PM
More like who.

Just kidding!

No way. Her abs are crazy though.

orbitz
03-21-2011, 03:16 PM

Yes, but I think it's a little bit too thick from doing too many crunches. There are muscles under your abs; If you work them too much they will thicken up. That's why I never understood those abs machine infomercials that claim one should do crunches to get a thin waist.

Evan looks hawt.

RD
03-21-2011, 07:01 PM

Doesn't seem unusual to me though, given that most skaters seem to be very muscular in that region (also in the legs), at least from pictures I've seen.

AnnieBgood
03-22-2011, 06:05 AM
Sasha does have muscles on her muscles. Extremely lean, too. I don't think she has an ounce of body fat.

leesaleesa
03-22-2011, 04:36 PM
Look, I love Sasha's skating, but let's be real - she relishes in the attention. No use trying to deny it. This was her motivation for skating all along. She skipped practices because she only likes skating in front of a crowd, and lack of practice caused her to mess up in all the "big ones." Sasha's natural talent carried her far, but you have to be dedicated even when no one's watching. Sasha only likes skating when lots of people are watching.

You know this for a fact? How?

From what I can see, Sasha was always a pretty conservative person who didn't seem like a spotlight hog in the slightest-So she likes to skate in front of a crowd and likes to be appreciated for it. Don't all performers? She's far from a "look at me" drama queen like Baiul, Harding, or Bobek.

She skated because she was good at it, made a living doing it, and probably liked doing it.

For all the "messing up" she did, if you look back at most of her events, she had a mistake or two in most of her longs, but they were generally well skated-Most skaters would be envious to have been as consistent as Sasha was. So she made some mistakes. Most of her peers made more, and didn't have half her style. You don't have to like her, but her competitive record is very impressive. I think it's a big stupid myth that Sasha was lazy. Her accomplishments and length of time as one of the top skaters in the world say otherwise.