PDA

View Full Version : Sasha Cohen - what is she doing now?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14

RD
03-17-2011, 12:53 AM
Nevermind

IceAlisa
03-17-2011, 12:55 AM
It's the first VOCAL confirmation I've heard from her of her competitive status...still, wonder why she hasn't yet officially submitted the retirement papers.

Gawd. :rolleyes:

mkats
03-17-2011, 01:10 AM
That's strange: she lent her the Rach 2 outfit to skate to Dark Eyes. :confused:

Ahhh, "The Dress".

It feels so weird to see it on someone else (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2011/01/is-5-foot-courtney-hicks-the-next-big-thing-in-us-skating-.html) - that was the year I first started following skating seriously again and fell in love in Sasha Cohen's skating.

VIETgrlTerifa
03-17-2011, 01:30 AM
That's strange: she lent her the Rach 2 outfit to skate to Dark Eyes. :confused:

I understand her not wanting to lend her Torino SP dress because it's "special" and she actually won the SP with it. However, I think she could've lent her red, Hanukkah coins "Dark Eyes" dress she wore the year before. Aesthetically, it looks as blah as the Rach 2 dress. :p

Sasha'sSpins
03-17-2011, 02:00 AM
I understand her not wanting to lend her Torino SP dress because it's "special" and she actually won the SP with it. However, I think she could've lent her red, Hanukkah coins "Dark Eyes" dress she wore the year before. Aesthetically, it looks as blah as the Rach 2 dress. :p

Maybe Cohen just let Hicks pick out a dress from her collection-and that's the one she chose.

caseyedwards
03-17-2011, 02:04 AM
I watched her SP and LP from 2010 nationals and wish the announcers were as quick to pounce on others mistakes or possible mistakes as they were hers! Jeez!

overedge
03-17-2011, 02:06 AM
I watched her SP and LP from 2010 nationals and wish the announcers were as quick to pounce on others mistakes or possible mistakes as they were hers! Jeez!

Are you defending her because she once claimed to have a quad?

RD
03-17-2011, 02:10 AM

Well...to be honest in the FS there really WEREN'T many mistakes from the other contenders to "pounce on"...

mkats
03-17-2011, 02:14 AM
Sasha picked the dress, according to FSO (http://figureskatersonline.com/news/2011/01/25/courtney-hicks-wins-junior-ladies-short-program/).

“Mr. Nicks didn’t like my other dress so he asked Sasha if I could use one of hers and she picked this one,” Hicks said.

Anyone know what the other dress looks like? I'm curious!

leafygreens
03-17-2011, 06:46 PM
SOI-related Florida article: Cohen happily trades competition for adulation with 'Stars on Ice' (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/recreation/fl-sasha-cohen-stars-0317-20110316,0,6308638.story)

What she's wanted all along. At least she is moving on with her life.

IceAlisa
03-17-2011, 08:58 PM
What she's wanted all along. At least she is moving on with her life.

Exactly how do you know what she's wanted all along?

Wyliefan
03-17-2011, 09:00 PM
Really, though, it's odd. Most skaters want people to boo and throw rotten eggs at them.

;)

IceAlisa
03-17-2011, 09:04 PM
Really, though, it's odd. Most skaters want people to boo and throw rotten eggs at them.

;)

I know. The SOI cast was incredulous and indignant at the lack of boos and rotten eggs when the show kicked off in San Jose. :lynch:

leafygreens
03-17-2011, 10:05 PM
Exactly how do you know what she's wanted all along?

Just a sample-

"It's fun to have the attention and appreciation of people," Cohen said. "It's been like this since I was 15, so you kind of get used to it."

During her post-skate interview with Andrea Joyce, Sasha Cohen said "it was wonderful to perform in front of a crowd that was so excited to see me back.... This was a perfect night for me"

"Skating is not quite what it used to be, and it is a little bit disheartening to skate in front of half-empty arenas. I’m a performer, and it’s tough."

Look, I love Sasha's skating, but let's be real - she relishes in the attention. No use trying to deny it. This was her motivation for skating all along. She skipped practices because she only likes skating in front of a crowd, and lack of practice caused her to mess up in all the "big ones." Sasha's natural talent carried her far, but you have to be dedicated even when no one's watching. Sasha only likes skating when lots of people are watching.

IceAlisa
03-17-2011, 10:20 PM
She likes the attention and good response from the crowd and from this you infer that's what she's wanted all along. Sounds to me as if she's had it all along.

;)
And this. Most skaters enjoy performing for the crowd and happy to produce a good reaction, happy to please the audience. Why is that so extraordinary?

Could you provide a quote where a skater says they hate it when the crowd responds positively to their performance? :shuffle: