PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever dreamed of being like the Elite Skaters or Competitors you have seen?

Pages : 1 [2]

Ankka
02-28-2011, 02:00 PM
Replying to the first question: I often think about choreographing skating programs, maybe due to having been a competitive ballroom dancer. But I still think actually choreographing skating would be fun! And of course in my imagination I am always the one who skates. :D

But realistically I would be one struggling skater with my weight of 83 kg (183 pounds) and height of 188 (6 ft 2)...

But to me imagining even dancing is important as I have recently been told by my doctor to stop it and am rapidly losing my ability to even walk... So, skating could never happen but in my imagination I am the best in the world :lol:

aliceanne
02-28-2011, 04:32 PM
I've always envied the dancer/skaters like Sarah Kawahara and Katherine Healy. The way they make simple moves look unique and important and the way they capture every note of music.

I'm used to skating but I've always found dance a little intimidating. There is so much going on at once!

AnnieBgood
03-03-2011, 01:08 AM
I've wanted lessons since I was around 10. I think I especially wanted them at 19 and 20. Money was always the issue. I'm 29, now, and I get kinda sad whenever I see a new young talent, and wish it'd been me.

misskarne
03-04-2011, 12:33 PM
Slightly OT, judging by all your body types and your mind set, what type of competitor would you be?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by type of competitor, but my discipline would always be freestyle; I love the jumps. And considering I can count the number of men at my rink who figure skate on one hand, I think pairs is out! :lol:

I'm 5'9" and reasonably leggy, but I'm also very stocky. I've been fighting my weight for years and I think I could lose ten kilos and still be stocky. But if there's one thing I can be, it's fiercely competitive. If I latch onto something, you'd have to kill me before I let it go. (Which is probably why both my knees are purple at the moment.) I don't just want to skate and pass my levels; I want to compete, and I want to be the best I can. A lot of people didn't understand why I got upset when the judge passed my free skate 1 but said she wanted to see better body position next time; to me it just means I didn't work hard enough! :lol:

I've wanted lessons since I was around 10. I think I especially wanted them at 19 and 20. Money was always the issue. I'm 29, now, and I get kinda sad whenever I see a new young talent, and wish it'd been me.

Go for them now if you can afford them. It can still be you. One of my coach's other students is a 60+ year old Ice Dancer who will be competing at Australian Adult Nationals!

zilam98
03-05-2011, 09:25 PM
i would love to be like katia gordeeva

shirley
03-05-2011, 09:47 PM
Have always wanted to choreograph something for Deanna Stellato since I saw her when she was still competing in those invitationals :lol:

AnnieBgood
03-08-2011, 04:18 AM
Go for them now if you can afford them. It can still be you. One of my coach's other students is a 60+ year old Ice Dancer who will be competing at Australian Adult Nationals!

Thanks for the encouragement.
One day, soon, when it's not the issue. I'm staying positive. :)

sadya
03-08-2011, 06:57 AM
No. However, when any person, not just a skater, but a writer, an actor, a politician, a teacher, a prophet, a scientist or any other famous or unfamous human being, has some great quality I admired or tried to achieve, I wished I had that one particular something too, but never have I dreamed of being completely like that person. (could be things like remaining strong in spite of big problems in life, keep trying even though there are disappointments to actual talent of writing great descriptions or proper knowledge of maths which I lack, etc. Yes, I know, it's boring. :) )

GoldenMichelle
03-10-2011, 03:05 AM
I just wish I was flexible. I'd love to be able to pull my leg up over my head.

misskarne
03-10-2011, 10:57 AM
I just wish I was flexible. I'd love to be able to pull my leg up over my head.

Don't we all...nearly failed the spiral element on my last test, I'm that bad.

GoldenMichelle
03-11-2011, 03:53 PM
Don't we all...nearly failed the spiral element on my last test, I'm that bad.

I can't even do one on the floor, so you're already better than me! :)