View Full Version : Interview with Jeffrey Buttle

Pages : [1] 2

Nadin
02-23-2011, 07:02 PM
Jeffrey Buttle: "I really enjoy the process of making up programs"

http://absoluteskating.com/index.php?cat=interviews&id=2011jeffreybuttle

Cheylana
02-23-2011, 07:58 PM
Great article, thanks for sharing. Glad Jeff is doing well. I smiled at the part where he said before competing he would get so nervous and ask himself why he puts himself through this, but then afterward would totally think it was worth it. It really echoed what Scott Hamilton and others were saying in the Rise film.

Liked the Sunglasses at Night photos :cool:

FigureSpins
02-23-2011, 08:03 PM
I like Jeff Buttle. Glad he's enjoying his "retirement." I think he'll be a great choreographer and he looks good!

skamper23
02-23-2011, 08:05 PM
Great interview! Thanks for the link.

inthemiddle
02-23-2011, 08:41 PM
Thank you Nadin. Great interview. Jeff is always one of my all time favorite.

clarie
02-23-2011, 11:42 PM
Yep......really nice guy and I'm glad he's doing well. I still miss him competitively. He was a class act.

dinakt
02-24-2011, 01:12 AM
Very good, detailed interview. Thank you! It's always interesting when an interview goes beyond standart questions.
Great to see Jeffrey doing so many interesting things. And every timeI think of him, I keep thinking how glad I am he won Worlds.

paskatefan
02-24-2011, 02:07 AM
Loved this interview. Classy guy. Yay, Jeff!:D

Garden Kitty
02-24-2011, 02:19 AM
I wish him the best, he really seems like a nice guy.

Skate Talker
02-24-2011, 03:46 PM
Thanks so much Nadin. I liked this question and answer.

Do you see things now that you maybe weren’t able to see before?

I think I just allow myself to appreciate it a lot more. I think when you’re a competitor you also look at what the others aren’t doing so well. I mean it wasn’t like I was constantly picking out my opponent’s faults but it’s just something you do as a competitor where you think ‘Ok, I can do that better’, just trying to pump yourself up in a sense. So now I can just sit back and appreciate it more and be like ‘Wow, that was a massive triple Axel he just did, that was great, wonderful’. I don’t think I allowed myself to be so complimentary of my competitors when I competed.

Jeffrey is such a nice guy but still tells the truth. Such a diplomat he can do that and still say it in the nicest way.

skatesindreams
02-24-2011, 04:03 PM
Your interview was great.
Thanks so much.

Jeff is a "class act"
I think the world of him, and love his skating,

Teenes
02-24-2011, 05:37 PM
Excellent interview! Lots of insight into the choreographic process there that I've always wondered about, and I'm glad you asked! Thanks for sharing!

Nadin
02-24-2011, 06:01 PM
Wow, thanks for the nice feedback! :cheer2:

Jeffrey certainly is a great guy, and a very chatty one too, which always helps ;)

luCN
02-25-2011, 01:31 AM
Great interview! Thank you.

read him talking about choreograph is very intersting.hope to see more works from him!

VarBar
02-25-2011, 03:32 PM
A talented skater and a very nice person, wishing him a pro career filled with satisfaction and achievements as a performer and choreographer.