PDA

View Full Version : Favorite American and Canadian Dance Teams

Pages : 1 [2] 3

miffy
02-22-2011, 12:04 AM
Past:

US - Lang/Tchernyshev, Canada - Bourne Kraatz.

Not fussed about the present teams - I loved NavBoms but even they are past now as far as competition goes :(

walei
02-22-2011, 01:22 AM
Canadians:

B/K for making me enjoy Ice Dance. I loved their contemporary style in the midst of Euro theatricality.

D/L, I think they were the ones really upgraded the technical difficulties on the lifts. They were doing crazy positions but was still able to maintain their elegance.

V/M, don't need to say more.

Americans:

D/W, even though I want V/M to win every time, Meryl and Charlie is still exciting to watch and more often than not they bring the goods and put on a good show.

NorthernDancers
02-22-2011, 01:43 AM
Canadiaans:
- Wilson/McCall for paving the way and setting a standard for future athletes
- Bourne/Kraatz for changing the sport - putting sport back into ice dance
- Wing/Lowe for proving that its possible to go to school and compete, and for continuing to live their love for the sport as coaches
- Dubreil/Lauzon for class, beauty, chemistry, and simply amazing lifts
- Virtue/Moir because they are one of a kind - talent like theirs is just once in a generation or two, can't wait to see what they will yet bring to the sport; and they're great people, too
- Weaver/Poje for sheer will, determination, hard work, and what they will yet become (so much talent)

Americans:
sorry, don't know as many here.
- Belbin/Agosto for proving that North Americans can win ice dancing medals, too
- Davis/White for just incredible athleticism and talent
- Samuelson/Bates for bringing their own style and flavour to skating; really hope they come back strong next year
- Shibutani's for incredible talent - clean lines, clean feet, balanced team - and bringing joy to what they do

Blair
02-22-2011, 02:30 AM
Canadians:
Virtue/Moir, Wilson/McCall, Dubreuil/Lauzon.

Americans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqvN2SSZgHo

The best.
Need i say more?

Tak
02-22-2011, 02:54 AM
US
All time - Silverstein/Pekarek
Current - Davis/White

Canada
All time - D/L [unless you count the Duchesnays as Canadians]
Current - C/P

jl22aries
02-22-2011, 02:58 AM
Currently

Canada - VM

US - Shibutani's

Twilight1
02-22-2011, 03:24 AM
Top 4... USA
1. Davis & White
2. Belbin & Agosto
3. Lang & Tchneryshev
4. Roca & Sur

Top 4... Canada
1. Bourne & Kraatz
2. Virtue & Moir
3. Dubrieul & Lauzon
4. Weaver & Poje

Vash01
02-22-2011, 06:34 AM
USA:

Past- ? I liked only half of Belbin-Agosto (liked Agosto)

Present- Davis & White and Shibutanis

Canada:

Past: Wilson & McCall

Present: Virtue & Moir

paskatefan
02-22-2011, 10:53 AM
US - Roca & Sur, Naomi & Peter, Nav-Boms
Tanith & Ben, Meryl & Charlie, The Shibutanis

Canada - Bourne & Kraatz, Dubreuil & Lauzon, Wing & Lowe
Tessa & Scott, Crone & Poirier, Weaver & Poje

mia joy
02-22-2011, 04:15 PM
Honestly, I have never liked ANY Canadian dance teams. NEVER. I find them all cold, distant and fire-less or just simply annoying. And in most cases, terribly uninteresting.

And until Davis/White, I never liked any American dance teams either. And then BAM! I fell in love with Meryl and Charlie, they're my most loved currently skating team and that says something considering how much I love the Kerrs. And then last season I discovered Samuelson/Bates - love them now too (and miss them this season!).
And then this season, I'm really liking the Shibs.

So all in all, I'm really enjoying American dance teams lately. As for the Canadians, I still don't like any.

Pretty Vegas
02-22-2011, 04:21 PM
Right now, I love Weaver & Poje and Davis & White. :)

VarBar
02-22-2011, 04:55 PM
:lol:

why?

They could have won an Olympic medal in 2002 if he hadn't dropped her. lol Joke aside, I found Shae-Lynn head and shoulders above Victor as a performer, sometimes I just wanted to reach through the screen and literally shake him. But I know that perceptions differ, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if I were contradicted, you may have noticed that whenever someone posts "I hate skater X", there is always someone else responding "Oh but I love skater X". And probably both parties are quite right to feel they way they do.:)

stevlin
02-22-2011, 07:11 PM
Canadians- Virtue & Moir, Weaver & Poje. Americans- Davis & White, Belbin & Agosto, Samuelson & Bates.

sequins
02-22-2011, 07:29 PM
Americans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqvN2SSZgHo

The best.
Need i say more?

I love that FD! Fabulous.

Canadian:
Past and Present: V&M (B&K close 2nd)

American:
Past & Present: D&W (Although I'm kinda liking the Shibutani's lately)

figure85
02-22-2011, 07:29 PM
VarBar,

I totally get and respect your opinion. I just saw a couple of people saying that they liked half of a dance team....for some reason I find that funny.:D