PDA

View Full Version : The 2011 World Ladies' Bronze medallist...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

os168
02-22-2011, 11:47 PM
There's a part of me that wants to see a Worlds podium of Kostner, Ando, and Flatt, in that order, just so that I can :watch: all the :argue: at FSU.

:EVILLE:

LOL... strangely i have seen it already - in my worst nightmare.

Except the ranking goes Kostner, Flatt, then Ando and they are all performing to something by Rachmaninoff to tone deaf judges who ends up gave them a stand ovation.
:scream:

azurika
02-23-2011, 02:09 AM
Hey now, if we're awarding medals based on hypothetical performances, how do you know Mirai's only worthy of the hypothetical BRONZE medal? Surely she has the hypothetical technique and artistry to be the hypothetical GOLD medalist. Pfft, y'all are just Mirai haterz. ;):D

neptune
02-23-2011, 02:22 AM
Also to consider is that Mirai would be going to Worlds, but for her bombing the LP at '10 Worlds.

Not necessarily. If she knew there were 3 spots for Worlds, maybe she would've felt even more nervous and finished fourth at Nationals. Not that likely, of course, but possible. Anyway, I do agree that Mirai would more than likely be going to Worlds.

I will LMAO if Flatt stands on the podium.

Life has a way of making us laugh, though. :) I would not be shocked to see Flatt on the podium at Worlds. As consistent as she is, she's due for something bigger at some point, I think. She might just do that to stick it to Hersh. ;)

There's a part of me that wants to see a Worlds podium of Kostner, Ando, and Flatt, in that order....

LOL... strangely i have seen it already - in my worst nightmare. :scream:

Hey now, hey now, don't dream it's over.... ;)

RD
02-23-2011, 02:58 AM
Not necessarily. If she knew there were 3 spots for Worlds, maybe she would've felt even more nervous and finished fourth at Nationals. Not that likely, of course, but possible. Anyway, I do agree that Mirai would more than likely be going to Worlds.

Aha! The X-Factor rares its ugly head once again. ;)

krenseby
02-23-2011, 03:24 AM
Sorry if I sound down on her, but it's the reality- it's nice that she was able to do so well at 4CCs, but that was a non-pressure event for her since it was her last event of the season.

But you know that if she had the chance to go to Worlds and repeat that 4CC performance, you would not be unhappy with her. You might even be tempted to praise her for it. I know I would.

museksk8r
02-23-2011, 01:39 PM
Hey now, hey now, don't dream it's over.... ;)

You are so funny! :lol::P:D Don't you just love that song; it's one of those that get stuck in my head. 80's songs were great that way. ;)

Fallcolor
02-23-2011, 11:42 PM
I very much see Ando winning worlds this year. ;)The other two gals will be Kim and Asada.
However Rachael Flatt has always relied skating clean, 7-triple LP's, something she hasn't done this season..i for one question if the US can even gets 3 spots for 2012. I can see one of the euro ladies (Kostner perhaps) and Murakami rounding out the top 5, and Phaneuf sandwiched somewhere between the two Americans (6-9th place...) :shuffle:

pinky166
02-23-2011, 11:53 PM
Hey now, if we're awarding medals based on hypothetical performances, how do you know Mirai's only worthy of the hypothetical BRONZE medal? Surely she has the hypothetical technique and artistry to be the hypothetical GOLD medalist. Pfft, y'all are just Mirai haterz. ;):D

I agree with this. Mirai, if she was going to Worlds, has all the tools needed to win the competition. It doesn't mean it's particularly likely, but do to the nature of the sport, it could happen. Also I wouldn't underestimate Miki. I'd say she's a frontrunner for gold at this point. Of course, she's not the only frontrunner, but when you consider how inconsistent Mao has been this season, how Yuna (and Laura if she even competes) will be competing for the 1st time in a year at Worlds and rarely skates a totally clean LP, how Mirai won't be there, and how Kostner and Czisny will need to be perfect to have a shot a passing a clean Miki due to their limited jump content, her odds are looking pretty good. I guess someone like Flatt, Korpi, or Murakami has a real outside shot at winning but I certainly don't consider them frontrunners by any means. Mao has skated quite well at the past 2 competitions she's been in and Miki has beaten her handily both times, to me, that shows the writing is on the wall.

Triple Butz
02-24-2011, 02:07 AM
I agree with this. Mirai, if she was going to Worlds, has all the tools needed to win the competition. It doesn't mean it's particularly likely, but do to the nature of the sport, it could happen. Also I wouldn't underestimate Miki. I'd say she's a frontrunner for gold at this point. Of course, she's not the only frontrunner, but when you consider how inconsistent Mao has been this season, how Yuna (and Laura if she even competes) will be competing for the 1st time in a year at Worlds and rarely skates a totally clean LP, how Mirai won't be there, and how Kostner and Czisny will need to be perfect to have a shot a passing a clean Miki due to their limited jump content, her odds are looking pretty good. I guess someone like Flatt, Korpi, or Murakami has a real outside shot at winning but I certainly don't consider them frontrunners by any means. Mao has skated quite well at the past 2 competitions she's been in and Miki has beaten her handily both times, to me, that shows the writing is on the wall.
We'll have to see, but I think the competition could be decided in the sp. Miki's sp without a 3/3 or 3flip could end up 7 or 8 points behind Yuna, provided Yuna's 3z/3t is ready to go. In fact, if Yuna goes clean in the sp, she could really distance herself from everyone, considering the technical content in some of the ladies sps this year. The one exception is Mao, who could equal or even place ahead of Yuna provided she lands and rotates her 3A.

Marco
02-24-2011, 04:24 AM
I very much see Ando winning worlds this year.

Looking at Asada's and Ando's PCS and GOEs this season and last, it is clear who JSF was and is banking on these two seasons.

Unless Asada hits most of her 3axels in practice at Tokyo Worlds, Ando won't finish lower than 2nd.

pinky166
02-24-2011, 05:40 AM
We'll have to see, but I think the competition could be decided in the sp. Miki's sp without a 3/3 or 3flip could end up 7 or 8 points behind Yuna, provided Yuna's 3z/3t is ready to go. In fact, if Yuna goes clean in the sp, she could really distance herself from everyone, considering the technical content in some of the ladies sps this year. The one exception is Mao, who could equal or even place ahead of Yuna provided she lands and rotates her 3A.

Mao will not be attempting 3-3 though, so even with a clean 3a, my guess is Yuna would still be ahead. Anyways I doubt Miki will go for the 3-3 just where her 3f isn't reliable and she can get +2s and +3s for GOEs on her 3lo which helps make up for her combo only being 3-2. Also we don't know if the flip is still giving Yuna trouble, that usually gives her more trouble than the 3lz-3t, oddly enough.

NMURA
02-24-2011, 06:54 AM

I don't think Kim has any advantages to Asada and Ando. It's in Japan, the most unfriendly "away" for Kim. She must remember the experience of 2009 GPF. At 4CC ice dancing, D/W received the higher PCS than V/M. One year absence won't give good excuses for the judges to offset OGM effects. Even in the TES, the new rules on GOE and limiting 3 double axels won't help Kim. According to my calculation based on the new rules, Ando at 4CC has actually a little higher (total) TES than Kim at Vancouver (replacing 2A-2-2 to 2Lz-2-2). Asada can add extra 8-9 points to her TES if she skates flawlessly. She has avoided the No.2 Japanese status with the higher PCS in the FS than Ando. We can consider the judges are ready to give the double favorites recognition by the host, which means one of the won't be held down by political considerations. If Kim skates two clean programs, she can win unless Asada skates two clean programs. Otherwise, Ando will win.

Amy03
02-24-2011, 09:00 AM
I don't think Kim has any advantages to Asada and Ando. It's in Japan, the most unfriendly "away" for Kim. She must remember the experience of 2009 GPF. At 4CC ice dancing, D/W received the higher PCS than V/M. One year absence won't give good excuses for the judges to offset OGM effects. Even in the TES, the new rules on GOE and limiting 3 double axels won't help Kim. According to my calculation based on the new rules, Ando at 4CC has actually a little higher (total) TES than Kim at Vancouver (replacing 2A-2-2 to 2Lz-2-2). Asada can add extra 8-9 points to her TES if she skates flawlessly. She has avoided the No.2 Japanese status with the higher PCS in the FS than Ando. We can consider the judges are ready to give the double favorites recognition by the host, which means one of the won't be held down by political considerations. If Kim skates two clean programs, she can win unless Asada skates two clean programs. Otherwise, Ando will win.

I agree since the only reason why ando won at 4cc was because mao made some small mistakes here and there, where ando was totally clean and even with her skating two clean programms she barely edged mao. if mao just didn't underrotate her 3t or her 3A in the sp that alone could have made her win the whole competition since mao in the first place was only a couple of points behind. not to mention if mao skates clean not only will hers tec be higher then andos but her pcs score is also higher then andos... and mao said in a recent intervew that she would like to include a 3-3 in her layout and if she does that I don't see miki standing a chance. besides mao is known for having very diffecult layouts in general but especially at worlds where she normally doesn't hold back...

and ando winning national was only because mao at the time was barely getting used to her new jumps, and didn't give it her all by not including a 2A-3T and 3-3 combo.. where miki on the other hand just loaded her program with tripples in the second half so that she get 10 % bonus.. and if you look at mao's nationals and 4cc programs the difference on the jumps is really visible.

I think if mao skates two clean program she wil win since she has the edge when it comes to tec and pcs score, and kim and ando will likely take silver and bronze.

judgejudy27
02-24-2011, 11:10 AM
If everyone skated cleanly Kim would easily win (anyone who thinks otherwise is clearly delusional, regardless of Worlds being in Japan), and Asada would be 2nd ahead of Ando. And I dont know on what planet Asada has the PCS edge over Kim, she hasnt gotten higher PCS than Kim in years, and even Ando is beating her on PCS in many recent competitions.

Amy03
02-24-2011, 12:16 PM
If everyone skated cleanly Kim would easily win (anyone who thinks otherwise is clearly delusional, regardless of Worlds being in Japan), and Asada would be 2nd ahead of Ando. And I dont know on what planet Asada has the PCS edge over Kim, she hasnt gotten higher PCS than Kim in years, and even Ando is beating her on PCS in many recent competitions.

lool if there is anyone who is delusional it's going to be the ones who clearly haven't taken into consideration how the new rules are going to effect certain skaters... and some would say that the changes are going to have a minor impact on kim but that would be to quite underestimating it...

especially since asada now has all kind of jumps in her layout including a 3A 2a-3t and a 3-3. and with this kind of layout done clean not even kim or ando who both get pretty high goe's would be able to beat that... and with the programs asada has this season her pcs are going to be pretty high especially for the FS where she has awsome choreography and interprets the music very well.. beside her FS fits her like a glove, and I know that kim is going to score high on pcs she always does no matter what she does, but to be able to match maos this season it's going to be quite a challenge...

and ando beating asada on pcs is not true since maos pcs were higher at 4cc and well deserved...