PDA

View Full Version : The 2011 World Ladies' Bronze medallist...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15]

RumbleFish
03-11-2011, 04:37 AM
Besides, skating clean doesn't mean that much in the current scoring system.
If judges mark what they see, Yuna should have cushion of at least 3 jumping passes vis-a-vie Ando's empty programs on component marks alone.

FrouFrou
03-11-2011, 06:23 AM
Besides, skating clean doesn't mean that much in the current scoring system.
If judges mark what they see, Yuna should have cushion of at least 3 jumping passes vis-a-vie Ando's empty programs on component marks alone.

:rofl:

Spoken like a true fan! I think I may have finally reached nirvana with your words of wisdom. Thank you.

But time's a wastin'- you're what's lacking in Kim's PR team. They need to snatch you up ASAP! :D

RumbleFish
03-11-2011, 07:31 AM
:rofl:

Spoken like a true fan! I think I may have finally reached nirvana with your words of wisdom. Thank you.

But time's a wastin'- you're what's lacking in Kim's PR team. They need to snatch you up ASAP! :D

Nice try at being sarcastic, but not good enough.
If you don't agree, just go and watch the olympics again. :lol:

I recall Ando getting a 52 in for her seemingly clean 2008 Skate America LP. Her LP this year is even emptier and deserves PCS marks in 40's considering the half minute rest in the middle and 5 straight jumping passes with nothing in between.

BTW, I sincerely hope you haven't been swept away by the tsunami.

FrouFrou
03-11-2011, 07:50 AM

I recall Ando getting a 52 in for her seemingly clean 2008 Skate America LP. Her LP this year is even emptier and deserves PCS marks in 40's considering the half minute rest in the middle and 5 straight jumping passes with nothing in between.

Are you freakin kiddin me? There's a time and place for this. Now is not the time. There are bigger things in life than figure skating. And I don't know how many times I've reiterated this- I'm not Japanese, never have visited or lived in Japan. But that doesn't mean I'll make a joke out of some plight or wish death upon a person- even you.

RumbleFish
03-11-2011, 07:56 AM
Are you freakin kiddin me? There's a time and place for this. Now is not the time. There are bigger things in life than figure skating. And I don't know how many times I've reiterated this- I'm not Japanese, never have visited or lived in Japan. But that doesn't mean I'll make a joke out of some plight or wish death upon a person- even you.

I wasn't joking. I was quite sincere and I said so in the post.

ponta1
03-11-2011, 08:21 AM
I wasn't joking. I was quite sincere and I said so in the post.

It sounded sarcastic to me. And incidentally, do you really think if FrouFrou was in Japan, much less in Miyagi Prefecture where the earthquake hit, she would be on her computer posting on FSU?

pinky166
03-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Not true. Yuna skated a clean fs in 0607 GPF, and performed a world record setting clean fs at 2007 CoR.

At the GPF Yuna had issues with 2 of her double axels, stepping out of one and doing three turns out of another, so she wasn't totally clean, she didn't manage to do her 2a-3t combo. Also, didn't Yuna set the world record score at CoR with a fall on the 3lo? Or maybe that was CoC, but I know that season she wasn't doing a 3 jump combo.

Also, Miki does 6 triples, 2 of them lutzes, 2 double axels, has 5 out of 7 passes after the halfway point, 2 of those passes being 2a-3t and 2a-2lo-2lo, so how is that not a lot of content? Yuna's layout is very similar, the only difference is she opens with 3lz-3t instead of 3lz-2lo and then does a 3f instead of a 3lo (which have practically the same BV now) and has more jumps (2 of her combos) in the front half than Miki does. Mao's content is more ambitious, yes, but she hasn't been as successful with it so maybe it's too ambitious.

wonderlen
03-11-2011, 03:59 PM
At the GPF Yuna had issues with 2 of her double axels, stepping out of one and doing three turns out of another, so she wasn't totally clean, she didn't manage to do her 2a-3t combo. Also, didn't Yuna set the world record score at CoR with a fall on the 3lo? Or maybe that was CoC, but I know that season she wasn't doing a 3 jump combo.

Actually, she it was at COR at that time, during 2007 season. She pop the 3Lo, at COC. Nailed it at COR. Had a fall on that jump at GPF.

wonderlen
03-11-2011, 04:05 PM
It sounded sarcastic to me. And incidentally, do you really think if FrouFrou was in Japan, much less in Miyagi Prefecture where the earthquake hit, she would be on her computer posting on FSU?

ITA. Appearently, some bots still think skating fans has nothing better to do, except revolves around the 'queen' even in the event of tragic disaster. :rolleyes:

wnstnluv
03-11-2011, 04:19 PM

Your tone says anything but genuine.

riveredge
03-11-2011, 05:10 PM
ITA. Appearently, some bots still think skating fans has nothing better to do, except revolves around the 'queen' even in the event of tragic disaster. :rolleyes:

The same reaction when some "bots" are laughing at the 2 Koreas in the verge of war. :rolleyes:

miki88
03-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Oh can we just all give it a rest at least for today?

floskate
03-11-2011, 06:23 PM
What miki88 said. This is neither the time nor the place. Either take it to PM, find some sense of propriety or get the hell off the board. The choice is yours! :mad: