PDA

View Full Version : The 2011 World Ladies' Bronze medallist...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15

pinky166
03-10-2011, 04:26 AM
I love Yuna, but I'm more than a little sick of everyone's blind assumption that she's going to crush the field. I really do believe that she's got some competiton.

I'd love to see her win-on her performances this time, not her track record-but I just don't believe that she has it in the bag.

She does have competition, but with Mirai and Laura not going, it mainly comes in the form of two skaters - Miki Ando and Mao Asada. I know, what if, what if, Carolina, Alissa, Kanako, Kiira, yada yada, but honestly, I think her only serious competition is those two skaters. The rest of the ladies who could potentially beat Yuna with a great skater are about as likely to implode as they are to deliver.

judgejudy27
03-10-2011, 04:31 AM
Yu Nas only competition is herself really, even with the layoff. Ando would never beat a clean Kim in a million years (nor would she ever deserve to), and Asada isnt even beating Ando right now.

olympic
03-10-2011, 04:45 AM
I love Yuna, but I'm more than a little sick of everyone's blind assumption that she's going to crush the field. I really do believe that she's got some competiton.

I'd love to see her win-on her performances this time, not her track record-but I just don't believe that she has it in the bag.

I give Yu Na the edge because truly she seems happy, and she's been strong in 1st competitions of the season before, which is what '11 Worlds will be for her.

Miki is very strong and consistent this year but I don't think she will score over 200 pts. at Worlds. Mao is still working through jump issues, but she looks better

ETA - only prayer for a US medal would be a meltdown by one of the above three, but I'm hopeful either Alissa or Rachael delivers and gets 4th

pinky166
03-10-2011, 02:54 PM
Yu Nas only competition is herself really, even with the layoff. Ando would never beat a clean Kim in a million years (nor would she ever deserve to), and Asada isnt even beating Ando right now.

You are right. I'm not expecting Kim to be totally clean though, which is why I'm saying she has competition, but it's only really those two skaters.

wonderlen
03-10-2011, 03:24 PM
I give Yu Na the edge because truly she seems happy, and she's been strong in 1st competitions of the season before, which is what '11 Worlds will be for her.

Miki is very strong and consistent this year but I don't think she will score over 200 pts. at Worlds. Mao is still working through jump issues, but she looks better

Let's hope Yuna proved everyone her Olym SP+LP is not a fluke. The girl doesn't exactly has a good track record of having clean skates. Neither is Asada. I hope the final standing reflect the actual skating.

I think if Miki skates like she did in 4CC, she can score higher. Her PCS is SP could increase by 1-2 points and her LP could go as high as 64+. That alone will giver her additional 3-5 points. But I think Asada has the potential to score even higher by over 10 points.

We can assume Kim can get close to 70+ in SP bc of her 3+3. LP score should be getting close to Miki score at 4CC. She doesn't have reliable 3S, and her iffy 3F. Both will be attempting 6 triples and almost exact TES score no matter how you break it down.

FrouFrou
03-10-2011, 04:13 PM
Ando is the one who clearly has the edge for getting gold. She doesn't even need to add a 3-3 combo with the way others have been skating. Asada's only chance at gold is if she can get through her sp.

Murakami is the wildcard. I can easily imagine her finishing top 4 and who knows- she could pull a Mirai winning at nationals, and surprise me. Kim is probably gonna do fine in the sp. If others falter in the SP, she has a good shot of pulling ahead. I don't see her skating clean in the lp. She could limit her falls or popped jumps to a bare minimum- depends on how many rest points and posing Wilson can intertwine into her choreography.

Loves_Shizuka
03-10-2011, 05:57 PM
Let's hope Yuna proved everyone her Olym SP+LP is not a fluke. The girl doesn't exactly has a good track record of having clean skates. .

Huh?!:shuffle:

Jammers
03-10-2011, 06:11 PM
Yeah i guess a World championship 3 Grand Prix Championships and numerous other titles besides her Olympic gold makes her a fluke. :lol:

pinky166
03-10-2011, 06:48 PM
Huh?!:shuffle:

She's only skated a clean FS once in her senior career, at the Olympics last year. Yuna usually keeps the mistakes to a minimum, but usually she makes a couple minor mistakes in her FS. She's very consistent in the SP and skates well enough in the FS to win most of the time, but she doesn't have the clean FS track record that someone like Miki Ando does.

smarts1
03-11-2011, 12:29 AM
^ I wouldn't call popping a jump or falling to be a minor mistake...

berthesghost
03-11-2011, 04:05 AM
She's only skated a clean FS once in her senior career, at the Olympics last year. Yuna usually keeps the mistakes to a minimum, but usually she makes a couple minor mistakes in her FS. She's very consistent in the SP and skates well enough in the FS to win most of the time, but she doesn't have the clean FS track record that someone like Miki Ando does.:confused: Yuna has landed on the podium at every single worlds and Oly she's been in. Miki falls anywhere from 1st to 16th!! I gotta get my eyes checked, cause it looks like you are saying Yuna is inconsistant especially compared to Ando, and that's just crazy talk.

pinky166
03-11-2011, 04:10 AM
:confused: Yuna has landed on the podium at every single worlds and Oly she's been in. Miki falls anywhere from 1st to 16th!! I gotta get my eyes checked, cause it looks like you are saying Yuna is inconsistant especially compared to Ando, and that's just crazy talk.

I meant to say Miki this season. Miki used to be really inconsistent, but this season, she's gone clean in every LP she's skated. And she's been pretty consistent in the FS for a couple seasons now.

Marco
03-11-2011, 04:26 AM
If memory serves me, Kim was clean in both free skates in her GPs for the 2007-8 season, at most popping a 2axel here and there...

The only reason Ando is so consistent compared to Kim and Asada is because the difficulty of the jumps and program are much lower.

Jenna
03-11-2011, 04:30 AM
If memory serves me, Kim was clean in both free skates in her GPs for the 2007-8 season, at most popping a 2axel here and there...

The only reason Ando is so consistent compared to Kim and Asada is because the difficulty of the jumps and program are much lower.

She does attempt six triples, and she's landed all of them every time this year. That's pretty impressive.

RumbleFish
03-11-2011, 04:34 AM
She's only skated a clean FS once in her senior career, at the Olympics last year. Yuna usually keeps the mistakes to a minimum, but usually she makes a couple minor mistakes in her FS. She's very consistent in the SP and skates well enough in the FS to win most of the time, but she doesn't have the clean FS track record that someone like Miki Ando does.

Not true. Yuna skated a clean fs in 0607 GPF, and performed a world record setting clean fs at 2007 CoR.