PDA

View Full Version : The 2011 World Ladies' Bronze medallist...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15

olympic
03-03-2011, 04:18 PM
you can't take the Euro competition to compare with 4CC. After the warm up, none of the skaters (not only ladies) was warm, all had jackets over the dress. After a few minutes skating, they wasn't feeling their lags, it was almost impossible to breath and the pairs had issues doing the lifts. I'm not sure the 4CC ladies had done it so much better than Euroladies with the same problems. So you have to take in consideration that they will do better.
Kostner had a really beautiful 2A3T, witch is much harder than a solo 3F

OK. If we take into consideration these extraneous factors, jet lag would've been a problem for the NA skaters at 4CCs. The bags under Alissa's eyes were quite visible, and you also saw it in the pairs

I guess we will see in a few weeks. I hope for the best...

Beefcake
03-07-2011, 09:10 PM
Per usual, it seems so many are down on Carolina, and it's always been this way with her. It drives me :wall:. I really hope she proves all her nay-sayers wrong at Worlds. She or Alissa are my dream winners! :swoon::encore:
It drives you :wall:? Are you expecting universal confidence in a woman whose last five Worlds finishes are 12th / 6th / 2nd / 12th / 6th? (**) Along with two Olys finishes of 9 and 16, and very up and down GP performances/results. :shuffle:

Props to Carolina when she's good, because then she's very good; but, of course "it's always been this way with her." There are fact-based reasons behind many of down-graded assesments by "nay-sayers" here.

(**) ETA: Just caught this: 12-6-2-12-6-? ... trend says that it's 2nd place for Kostner for 2011 :)

kia_4EverOnIce
03-07-2011, 10:22 PM
Just caught this: 12-6-2-12-6-? ... trend says that it's 2nd place for Kostner for 2011 :)

:lol:
and if you had the three previous years, pattern is quite similar, you have 10-5-3; 12-6-2; 12-6...definitely it'd be great IMO! :)
ps: now, I have a plus to watch out for results..fun with statistics :lol:

pinky166
03-08-2011, 12:29 AM
Well if we are talking about trends, Alissa only seems to make the World Team on odd years, in 07 she was 15th, in 09 11th, so maybe that means this year she'll be 7th? That wouldn't be so bad.

Fallcolor
03-08-2011, 12:31 AM
:lol: Not if she wants to secure 3 spots for the US next year....

pinky166
03-08-2011, 12:33 AM
:lol: Not if she wants to secure 3 spots for the US next year....

If she's 7th and Rachael is 6th or higher, that's 3 spots. I actually think it's a toss up over which girl is going to finish higher at Worlds, Alissa if she's on could more easily medal than Rachael, but her results can also be more volatile. I sort of think they will finish near each other in the standings, likely around 4th-8th if I had to guess.

olympic
03-08-2011, 04:06 PM
If she's 7th and Rachael is 6th or higher, that's 3 spots. I actually think it's a toss up over which girl is going to finish higher at Worlds, Alissa if she's on could more easily medal than Rachael, but her results can also be more volatile. I sort of think they will finish near each other in the standings, likely around 4th-8th if I had to guess.

IF Rachael finally puts in a 3-3 and Alissa skates like at Nats, that would be marvelous and they would easily qualify the US for 3 spots in '12

SkateSkates
03-09-2011, 03:09 AM
IF Rachael finally puts in a 3-3 and Alissa skates like at Nats, that would be marvelous and they would easily qualify the US for 3 spots in '12

Unfortunately, that is a very big if. But with Lepisto out, that is one less person to worry about so it is possible.

pinky166
03-09-2011, 12:21 PM
Unfortunately, that is a very big if. But with Lepisto out, that is one less person to worry about so it is possible.

All the European ladies (Kostner, Korpi, Makarova, Leonova, etc) skating to there potential is also a big if though, and the same goes for Phanuef, so really, anything is possible.

wonderlen
03-09-2011, 04:29 PM
Well after Miki and Mao...American girls has the highest score so far in the season so, if Rachael skates like in 4CC with 3+3 in both SP and LP, and Alissa skates like in GPF, they can easily get the 3 spots back. But then, if someone is to bomb, Alissa is more likely to bomb than Rachael, and even if she stay on her feet, her < jumps will hurts her score.

pinky166
03-09-2011, 07:04 PM
Well after Miki and Mao...American girls has the highest score so far in the season so, if Rachael skates like in 4CC with 3+3 in both SP and LP, and Alissa skates like in GPF, they can easily get the 3 spots back. But then, if someone is to bomb, Alissa is more likely to bomb than Rachael, and even if she stay on her feet, her < jumps will hurts her score.

I think the key is that neither girl bombs. If they both skate fairly well, then we should be fine for 3 spots. Last year, both Rachael and Mirai semi-bombed, and the year before Alissa totally bombed so Rachael's skating well wasn't enough to make up for it. I think even if both girls skated like they did at 4CC, we'd probably be ok for getting 3 spots, just cutting it close.

olympic
03-09-2011, 07:37 PM
.....I think even if both girls skated like they did at 4CC, we'd probably be ok for getting 3 spots, just cutting it close.

Agreed.

Also figure on everyone being pushed down one more slot with the appearance of YuNa at Worlds

victoriaheidi
03-10-2011, 02:52 AM
Agreed.

Also figure on everyone being pushed down one more slot with the appearance of YuNa at Worlds

I love Yuna, but I'm more than a little sick of everyone's blind assumption that she's going to crush the field. I really do believe that she's got some competiton.

I'd love to see her win-on her performances this time, not her track record-but I just don't believe that she has it in the bag.

miki88
03-10-2011, 02:57 AM
I love Yuna, but I'm more than a little sick of everyone's blind assumption that she's going to crush the field. I really do believe that she's got some competiton.

I'd love to see her win-on her performances this time, not her track record-but I just don't believe that she has it in the bag.

I'd love to see some surprises. ;)

riveredge
03-10-2011, 03:05 AM

To be fair her fans are not expecting anything that will crush the competition. and forget about the crazy bots.

Her fans are just happy that she's back on the ice again.

There are other factors that Yuna won't win just like any other athletes you know.