PDA

View Full Version : The 2011 World Ladies' Bronze medallist...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15

Marco
02-25-2011, 09:55 AM
The only other lady I can think of that made a shot at 8 was Kimmie Meissner, though her 3a and 3t were a bit questionable. Didn't she almost land 8 at a JPG event, only having a 2-foot on the 3a?

really? I had no idea. At 2005 Nationals she attempted 7 triples with the axel being a questionable landing. If she had hit the 3lutz3toe like she was gonna, she would have done 8 triples but then again as you said both her 3axel and the back end of her 3/3s are always questionable.

floskate
02-25-2011, 10:49 AM
really? I had no idea. At 2005 Nationals she attempted 7 triples with the axel being a questionable landing. If she had hit the 3lutz3toe like she was gonna, she would have done 8 triples but then again as you said both her 3axel and the back end of her 3/3s are always questionable.

I think it was the Liberty competition in 2004 or 2005 where Kimmie tried 8 triples (2-footing the axel I think.) No woman has done it in a major championships afaik although Midori Ito had 8 triples planned at the Olympics and had attempted two triple axels at NHK and Nationals proir to Albertville.

matti
02-25-2011, 12:49 PM
Deleted. I trust someone else will break the news.;)

bardtoob
02-25-2011, 02:29 PM
I think it was the Liberty competition in 2004 or 2005 where Kimmie tried 8 triples (2-footing the axel I think.) No woman has done it in a major championships afaik although Midori Ito had 8 triples planned at the Olympics and had attempted two triple axels at NHK and Nationals proir to Albertville.

Even without the specific choreographic requirements of the IJS, it would be really difficult to choreograph a program with 8 triple using less time than the men have.

Midori would have had to keep the same jump set as here 1988 Olympic program, perhaps eliminating the 2T from step sequence or a 2A, and adding 3A, and when I suggest this I mean that she would have had to have kept the 2A-3S, 3T-3T in addition to 4 solo triples then added a 3A in 4 minutes. ... oy, a triple on average of 30 seconds with choreography between.

wonderlen
02-25-2011, 04:50 PM
It's a shame thou. I would love to see a lady attempt 8 triples. These days most ladies are struggling to land even 5 triples in a program. Maybe if COP eliminate one spin element along with shorter spiral, it can make the lady to focus more energy on jumps.

miki88
02-25-2011, 04:57 PM
It's a shame thou. I would love to see a lady attempt 8 triples. These days most ladies are struggling to land even 5 triples in a program. Maybe if COP eliminate one spin element along with shorter spiral, it can make the lady to focus more energy on jumps.

I am against this. 8 triples are amazing but it shouldn't be at the expense of other elements. I am already sad that they eliminated the spiral from the SP. Sure, few ladies at present can do it well but it's still one of my favorite elements.

kittyjake5
02-25-2011, 05:50 PM
But it won't end there. After that, we'll discuss whether figures should have ever been eliminated, then how much money Peggy Fleming's winery is pulling in, and finally the 30-day weather forecast for Tokyo, Japan. Upon which will arise sharp debate about the theory of global warming. :lol:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Triple Butz
02-25-2011, 09:49 PM

I believe she ended that same season (2005) with an attempt at 8 triples at a US cheesefest, but fell on both the 3a and 3t (in her lutz combo) and came in fourth.

victoriaheidi
02-26-2011, 03:54 AM
Deleted. I trust someone else will break the news.;)

Ok, now I'm curious...

+ETA I've been playing with jump layouts to see how 8 triples would be possible (I actually started this a few days back. I've been thinking about this for a while), and it would be really difficult, IMO. I'm also looking at Mao's layout specifically, and at 4CC, she only managed to land 6 fully ratified triples; the 7th got a UR. She also received an edge call on her 3Lz, if that changes anything.

I can't see Mao landing 8 triples in Tokyo, if only because she's likely to UR at least one. I don't think that she should make that her priority, either...at least not now.

NMURA
02-27-2011, 03:34 AM
I guess the 6 different triples FS is Asada's goal of this season. No woman has done it since Midori Ito. Her 4CC FS could be considered a "success" under the 6.0 system. Landing 8 triples would historical. No woman has ever done it.

victoriaheidi
02-27-2011, 05:10 AM
I guess the 6 different triples FS is Asada's goal of this season. No woman has done it since Midori Ito. Her 4CC FS could be considered a "success" under the 6.0 system. Landing 8 triples would historical. No woman has ever done it.

Yeah, and I definitely don't think that, given Mao's season thus far, it's worth Mao's time or energy to go there.

Extranjera
03-02-2011, 02:21 PM
I wish I could watch Mirai in Tokyo (her FS at 4CC was :eek: ) but we can't be sure that she would win the bronze if she competed there. If Mao, Miki and Yuna are in their top shapes (and I think they are), they will have a huge lead over other ladies. Not to mention there are Alissa & Rachael who were better than Mirai at nationals...

RD
03-02-2011, 03:52 PM
I wish I could watch Mirai in Tokyo (her FS at 4CC was :eek: ) but we can't be sure that she would win the bronze if she competed there. If Mao, Miki and Yuna are in their top shapes (and I think they are), they will have a huge lead over other ladies. Not to mention there are Alissa & Rachael who were better than Mirai at nationals...

...but worse than her at Four Continents....womp womp :shuffle:

Extranjera
03-02-2011, 04:53 PM
...but worse than her at Four Continents....womp womp :shuffle:

I know, but I wanted to say that we shouldn’t take her bronze medal for granted. I think Mirai has better potential and skills than both: Alissa & Rachael, but we have to remember that they are able to beat her, especially when she doesn't skate her best.

Oldsk8ter
03-02-2011, 07:37 PM
I think they meant to imply that the person who would be winning the 2011 World's Bronze if she were going is in fact not going.

Which is stupid.

I too think that is what the person opening the thread meant. I agree - it is stupid. The person, Mirai, faltered at Nationals and is rightly not going to Worlds.