PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir # 10 - Mujer Latina

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

clarie
02-24-2011, 12:17 PM
Do you wish find there golden moment on DVD?
I like this NBC video - greate quality.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_Pc_a-WBSs&feature=player_embedded

I just watched it again too and it still amazes me what they were able to create with that music.........lovely music indeed but not excactly catchy lol, but they created something sublime with their bodies and attitudes.......almost otherworldly. Boring is the last word I would ever use to describe it.

pani
02-24-2011, 12:43 PM
I just watched it again too and it still amazes me what they were able to create with that music.........lovely music indeed but not excactly catchy lol, but they created something sublime with their bodies and attitudes.......almost otherworldly. Boring is the last word I would ever use to describe it.

And look, like Tracy didnt have any words after this perfomance :)

I think what sap5 meant was to use this year's FD in 2013 if not used this year as the SD next year will be something very close to it. Correct me if I'm wrong about that, but that's the way I interpreted it.

Thank you! Sorry, sap5, i really interpreted your words wrong

OlieRow
02-24-2011, 01:23 PM
I think it was other people, who look pessimistic, becuae dont want T-S will skate this year at WCh and sap5 think they could retun in 2013.
As for me - i will be glad, if they will show this programs in Tokyo. And if there desire to skate at this year WCh look so strong - maybe they are both know, they could do this.
Do you remeber there parents interwie, where they said, that they ask Tessa and Scott every year - did they want to skate in next year.
Then they thought about retriement after 2006 JWCh.
So i think they will be at WCh only if the both want to skate. IMHO

Really? I know they used to sit down at the end of each year and that's what they'll do now, but did they really consider retiring after 2006? Any reason why? Knowing 2010 was in Vancouver and with the success they'd had, I'm surprised.

flowerpower
02-24-2011, 01:46 PM
Really? I know they used to sit down at the end of each year and that's what they'll do now, but did they really consider retiring after 2006? Any reason why? Knowing 2010 was in Vancouver and with the success they'd had, I'm surprised.

No, they didn't consider retiring in 2006. They have said in several interviews that when they narrowly missed making the Olys team in 2006, they were very disappointed and they immediately made the decision to do everything they could to be at the home games in Vancouver.

There was no thought of retiring at that point. They made a 4-year commitment to the Vancouver games (previous commitments had been year-to-year).

pani
02-24-2011, 03:01 PM
I remember, when they talk about - we will deside year-to-year, they talk, they made dissigion will they skate or no even after gold at JWCh. I cant rememnber in what article i read this, sorry.
And i think they really start thinking about medal at 2010 OG after greate debut in seniors in 2007. No?

sap5
02-24-2011, 03:47 PM
I think what sap5 meant was to use this year's FD in 2013 if not used this year as the SD next year will be something very close to it. Correct me if I'm wrong about that, but that's the way I interpreted it.

Yes, this is what I meant. Thank you claire.

Thank you! Sorry, sap5, i really interpreted your words wrong

No problem, pani.

pani
02-24-2011, 04:30 PM
How all you know, most of people really dont like T-S FD. It was werid for me, when i rerad about this first time, but now people post this everywhere so...
This is Doris thoughts about it

Who can comment on their FD? We really haven't seen it. However, from what little we did see, they seem to be using the same choreo tricks they used in the year they did Pink Floyd, coping with Tessa's injuries, and with the Charleston OD: set the stage with some appropriate almost non skating choreo (and theirs was very good here, but it wasn't skating), and then the circular step was a repeat of previous work with no discernible samba flavor, and fabulous lifts, to distract from what's missing (and you don't have to be able to skate to let your partner lift you and throw you around. The one really good point with the fragment we saw was the circular twizzles IMO, which I really loved. Again, they can do better. And next year, they will

I am uber, so i couldnt (is FSU opinion) be adequate. But i thought, that T-S had really greate cha-cha moves in this FD. So i am wrong again.
I have only 1 question - what they need to do on ice people will be satisfied?
UoS and Mahler was bad, because this was first love, PF - because they didnt see dance in this program, this FD - because it unlatin, unmusical and Tessa have so bad facial expression. Or and dress, and moves... Dont know is this in ice dance today team, wich is so bad in FSU (and maybe overall) opinion.
So if this is constructive criticism i wish to know - what they need to do for FSU stop hate them so much? Or what dance they need to skate to look not so bad, like in this FD?
O how they need to change step sequense, if i cant understand why, but FSU think they use every year?
And there step sequence from last season OD wasnt good too.... (wich was most difficult).
Meryl-Charlie really show this year new step sequence? I don ttalk about any skaters in this tread, but i want to understand - how look step sequense, which skaters change every year.

Pratfall
02-24-2011, 06:55 PM
pani..I think doris likes V/M ( she's said so many times),though not as much as she likes D/W. I can't speak for her , but I suspect she was honestly saying how that opening 30 seconds affected her,( or what she saw in it, pro and con). Fair enough.

:D Others might see it differently. (e.g. I like D/W a lot, but prefer V/M..;) and the types of programs they choose).

While it's true we can't get a real idea of the whole dance, I loved the opening 30 seconds. I always imagined they'd use Hip-hip, Chin-chin for twizzles, footwork, etc. because its so fast , it's not a good match for the amount of glide a skater necessarily uses. But if they're entering into or coming out of an element in time with the rhythm , it all blends together. Every couple uses little in place choreo set ups in these fast Latin rhythms, and I found Tessa & Scott's very brief, and really excellent as these things go, because it's actually dance step-based, not just gyrating and shimmying on the spot as we so often see.

I like Tessa's facial expressions since I feel they're not overdone ,as so many are. Also, I think it makes a difference,as to how much face is appropriate, depending on whether the skaters are telling a story in their dance, or just dancing ,or picking out a theme, from what we may know as a larger story...as in UoC , for example.And besides, for me, V/M express so much in the way their bodies move together, that they don't need to accentuate the face as much. You still feel the emotion. I think this is really a matter of preference.

I don't have doris' technical knowledge to be able to break down the footwork and say how like or unlike it may be to past programs ,( but I may spend some time looking back on youtube). I just know it held my attention, it seemed to fit with the time signature, and certainly didn't look easy.

But, pani...not all of us are always going to see everything the same way, and an honest critique is not the same as dislike, or hate. Relax, World's is coming..then we'll see. I found so much to like in this 30 seconds that I have high hopes for the rest.

clarie
02-24-2011, 06:59 PM
It seems to me, the people most critical of V&M are the ubers of other teams, so I just take it for what it's worth.........absolutely nothing. :)

pani
02-24-2011, 07:13 PM
:D
paniBut, pani...not all of us are always going to see everything the same way, and an honest critique is not the same as dislike, or hate. Relax, World's is coming..then we'll see. I found so much to like in this 30 seconds that I have high hopes for the rest.

But i really want understand, what they must to do to have some positive comments from people. Because there look, like V-M never did even good program (i dont talk about greate program).
Like i post - if this is constructive criticism, in my opinion people need to tell - what they need to change, to have postitve comments from FSUers. And i really wish to know. Thats all. And i dont talking about judges, medals and about Doris.
I want to read an answer - really.
And i understand, we all see things differently. Most people dont like this FD - thats why i have question, what they need to change. And Doris post all, what FSU post about this FD.
And it was 1 min 30 sec of there FD :D
And i dont care about WCh - will they go or no, donnt care about medal. But it inteersting for me - they need to skate in show, they need people want to see there skating. So - what they need to do?

pani
02-24-2011, 07:16 PM
del

DORISPULASKI
02-24-2011, 07:34 PM
I thought their choreographic beginning was great. And I loved their circular twizzles & the lift. I would have liked some Latin flavor in the circular step, but this is a general beef with all the Z/S teams. The steps are always very similar, and the team has to make the steps fit the rhythm they are portraying either with arms/hands/body/face movements, or just let the steps be generic. Right now, I found the step generic, but all the Z/S teams have suffered from the same thing at one time or another.

After that, 30 sec is 30 sec- who knows what the other 3:30 will bring, other than those who watch their practices? It could turn out to be a great program. Or not. I still have hopes :) After all, it reminds me of PF, and I really liked PF and wished that they could have developed it to its full extent.

I still like the idea of this program for them.

pani
02-24-2011, 08:01 PM
del

DORISPULASKI
02-24-2011, 08:10 PM
Tessa has lots of good things to show. In that quote of mine, I wasn't talking about D&W, only about Tessa & Scott. Please read better.

pani
02-24-2011, 08:17 PM
Tessa has lots of good things to show. In that quote of mine, I wasn't talking about D&W, only about Tessa & Scott. Please read better.

She has 3 expressions, and has been using them for years. 1. I adore my brand new puppy. He's perfect (while staring at Scott) 2. I'm so brave and trying to be sexy. I have my first training bra!
Or this wasnt your post?