PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir # 10 - Mujer Latina

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

OlieRow
02-23-2011, 12:02 AM
I doubt they'd keep it as a FD, especially if they go to Worlds, but they could try to make it into a SD. If they decide to continue competing next season, I'd like them to do something different and not revert back to their "trademark romantic programs". It seems like every time they've tried to branch out they haven't had the chance to fully develop the program.

flowerpower
02-23-2011, 12:15 AM
^

After their success with Umbrellas of Cherbourg in '08, it was smart for Marina to choose a romantic program for the Olys. Every team tries to play to proven strengths in the Olympic year.

I get the impression that they want to experiment with new themes now. This FD is certainly a departure, and I look forward to more. Just hope her health holds up.

BellaSTRARSSA!
02-23-2011, 01:34 AM
I doubt they'd keep it as a FD, especially if they go to Worlds, but they could try to make it into a SD. If they decide to continue competing next season, I'd like them to do something different and not revert back to their "trademark romantic programs". It seems like every time they've tried to branch out they haven't had the chance to fully develop the program.

From what they were able to perform of it, it would probably integrate well into a SD, but I would really love to see the whole FD at Worlds. The beginning was great, IMO. But at the same time, I agree that Tessa's health is more important.

As for branching out, I think they've expressed a desire to do so and that it's part of the reason they decided to continue on competing. But everything is really depending, of course, on Tessa's health and ability to train at the level they're accustomed to doing for a full season. Whatever some may think of their dances choreography/style wise, they've always appeared dedicated to difficulty within their elements, polish, and unison and all of that requires a lot of practice and mileage. Add in a completely new style/choreography and that's a lot to take on if you're trying to heal and get your strength back.

OlieRow
02-23-2011, 01:59 AM
ITA that going with their strength was the smart choice for an Olympic year. Just saying that now that they've won the Olympics and Worlds I'd like to see them push themselves forward (provided they're healthy and want to continue). From what they've said, it sounds like they intend to experiment and I hope they continue to do so.

Judy
02-23-2011, 03:44 AM
WOW! Are there so many negative posts at 4CC tread?
I agree with you on 100%
I only cant understand, why V-M have so much haters, but its OK. Someone like apples someone bear :D
But its so unfair to talk about recycling of there programs, when they show so much new elements, wich now all teams used (who not-recycling anything)/ And in that part of FD - there so many new things. They even made new twizzeles - this is cool.
Some time i am thinking - if FS is so unpleasent to watch for some knowledgeable people, becuae i read a lot off bad things maybe about every skater, why they still watching competitions?
Why they all want to go to TEB (for example) and then start wrighte so many negative information about skaters and competitiors, that i have 1 question - maybe its hard for them to be there.
I think FS must bring a little more happy and beautifull moments in your life, but not made your life worst. This could be magick - like this year Sarah Maier gold at ECh.
I know, you all laugh over me, my bad english and think i am crazy uber. But i want post this. I watch FS so many years and it bring something good in my life. If i was so angry, when i watching it, maybe i find something to do with my life - not spend my life on sarcasm and hatred
Sorry.

There are so many haters because that's when skaters know they've hit the big time.

There is a lot of negativity at FSU which is a shame because personally I think there is something good about most skaters. I just ignore the negativity though and appreciate a quality skater or skaters such as V&M.

jayta
02-23-2011, 03:51 AM
If you are referring to Four Continents then alilou has already answered your question, and there is no longer an OD - it's now the SD (Short Dance).

If you mean a repeat of the Olympics Replays, then TSN2 is showing their 1 1/2 hour retrospective of the Dance competition tomorrow - Wednesday February 23rd. It is showing here at 7 pm Central Time, so I guess probably 8 pm Eastern and 5 pm Pacific. It is not the entire competition of course in only 90 minutes, but they did show Tessa and Scott's OD.

Yes I was referring to the Olympic replays. Yay!

pani
02-23-2011, 11:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyQZRGcxciw&feature=player_embedded

Tessa and Scott road to gold

sap5
02-23-2011, 07:35 PM
I wish they would skip worlds and come back and compete with this FD next year. From the little we've seen, it looks really promising so I'd love to see what this FD would look like with a whole season of training/competing, not just a few months.

Totally agree -- and if not next year, then perhaps the year after. Even if they have been able to train really well this year, it looks like this is the type of program where a season of polishing and tweaking would really be helpful.

pani
02-23-2011, 09:08 PM
Totally agree -- and if not next year, then perhaps the year after. Even if they have been able to train really well this year, it looks like this is the type of program where a season of polishing and tweaking would really be helpful.

I think if they will not compete next season (i am not sure about this year WCh) - i dont think this make sense to retun in 2013. They will not have chance even to take medal at WCh.
Even in this case (if they will skip WCh 2011 and 2012) its bette for them to made new programs for CSOI.

alilou
02-24-2011, 12:17 AM
Virtue, Moir won’t quit on title defence
http://www.lfpress.com/sports/othersports/2011/02/22/17372951.html

Memories golden for Virtue and Moir
http://www.torontosun.com/sports/columnists/alison_korn/2011/02/23/17376336.html

jayta
02-24-2011, 04:16 AM
Omgosh just watched the Olympic replay...<3 It was like being there all over again. I have so many fond memories of being there when they won gold and the excitement. And to know I was there in that crowd cheering them on was spectacular!

I'm glad they replayed all of it over again!

And I think that Tessa and Scott know what they're doing this year. If Tessa thinks they'll be ready for 2011 Worlds then they will be. They aren't aiming to win an Olympic medal they've done that and they've won Worlds. So right now the only motivation to skate without harming herself any further would be that they want to skate and that Tessa feels ready enough to skate. Just because she had strained her quad muscle a little doesn't mean that it will take 5 weeks for them to get back into shape.

I'm glad they're going back to Worlds. It gives Canada a shot of keeping at least 2 spots open for next year. And I'm dying to see their programs. They look so ready and eager to perform them.

Stop being so pessimistic pani. They don't need you to mother them. They know what they're doing.

bbkenn
02-24-2011, 07:56 AM
I wish there was a record of their gold winning performance, but can't find it anywhere.

pani
02-24-2011, 08:48 AM
I wish there was a record of their gold winning performance, but can't find it anywhere.

Do you wish find there golden moment on DVD?
I like this NBC video - greate quality.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_Pc_a-WBSs&feature=player_embedded

pani
02-24-2011, 08:53 AM
Stop being so pessimistic pani. They don't need you to mother them. They know what they're doing.

I think it was other people, who look pessimistic, becuae dont want T-S will skate this year at WCh and sap5 think they could retun in 2013.
As for me - i will be glad, if they will show this programs in Tokyo. And if there desire to skate at this year WCh look so strong - maybe they are both know, they could do this.
Do you remeber there parents interwie, where they said, that they ask Tessa and Scott every year - did they want to skate in next year.
Then they thought about retriement after 2006 JWCh.
So i think they will be at WCh only if the both want to skate. IMHO

clarie
02-24-2011, 12:04 PM

I think what sap5 meant was to use this year's FD in 2013 if not used this year as the SD next year will be something very close to it. Correct me if I'm wrong about that, but that's the way I interpreted it.