PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir # 10 - Mujer Latina

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

tapper88
02-22-2011, 03:31 PM
CBC really annoyed me with their commentators trying to create drama. I definitely didn't see "Scott's pleading face"..

pani
02-22-2011, 03:42 PM
CBC really annoyed me with their commentators trying to create drama. I definitely didn't see "Scott's pleading face"..

OK, even if they saw this - it was at first moment, when she stop skating (from CBC words) - why they need to repeat this so many times?
Its look, like a game "good policeman - bad policeman" between V-M. :lol:

flowerpower
02-22-2011, 04:01 PM

It annoyed me too.

As you say, TV drama being created. :rolleyes:

pani
02-22-2011, 04:18 PM
It annoyed me too.

As you say, TV drama being created. :rolleyes:

And during WCh broadcast they will say - OMG, they are good friends again! :D
OK. I only cant understand, why PJ need to post this, but maybe its there job.

And 2011 GPF will be in Quebec City December 8-11, 2011

Rafter
02-22-2011, 05:30 PM
Doesn't every athlete think the Olympics are everything? Tessa is not the only athlete who has pushed through pain to get there and have it mean a lot to them. The Olympics are the defining moment of every athlete in every sport. Watch Bud Greenspan's docu's...

Gee, thank you for stating the obvious. :rolleyes:

For someone who hates V&M and their skating so much, I'm surprised you're reading this thread. :shuffle:

sequins
02-22-2011, 07:22 PM

Count me as annoyed as well. What is up with CBC? First it's 'Scott Moir does not look happy' Um,he's going over to the judges to tell them why they stopped. Idiots. Now this? What 'pleading face'? Geez. Unless I'm blind he looked pretty understanding and supportive to me. Why would CBC want to manufacture any unecessary drama for these two they have enough legitimate 'drama' to deal with thank you.

:lol: at Scott in the video from the ladies event.

tapper88
02-22-2011, 07:30 PM
:lol: I know. He was very supportive, holding her hand and rubbing her back. Seriously, CBC!!

This is really OT but I don't know where to post this, can someone please PM me Alex Shibutani's final blog post? I can't access it and it's only showing the blog he did a few days ago. Thanks so much.. wondering if it mentions Scott and Tessa at all, too!

Habs
02-22-2011, 07:31 PM
They're planning on Worlds! http://www.edmontonsun.com/sports/othersports/2011/02/22/17365041.html

pani
02-22-2011, 07:36 PM
:lol: I know. He was very supportive, holding her hand and rubbing her back. Seriously, CBC!!

This is really OT but I don't know where to post this, can someone please PM me Alex Shibutani's final blog post? I can't access it and it's only showing the blog he did a few days ago. Thanks so much.. wondering if it mentions Scott and Tessa at all, too!

http://web.icenetwork.com/gen/photogallery/year_2011/month_02/day_22/cf16701762.html
Alex photos from closing banquet. Greate photos, but only one with Scott - Alex, Charlie, Scott. Want to see Tessas dress - it must match well with Scott outfit.
I whant to say - he is fashionista too :lol:
And blog
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110215&content_id=16637814&vkey=ice_news

Virtue said she and Moir would re-evaluate their skating future, as always, at the end of the season - hope at least we will see this latina!

tapper88
02-22-2011, 07:42 PM
ETA- fixed.

pani
02-22-2011, 10:07 PM
http://www.skatebuzz.ca/ViewNewsArticle.aspx?id=31a4b779-8ce1-47fe-9dee-d3a3237050d6

Injury setback won't keep Canada's Virtue, Moir from competing at worlds

``When we were there with 10,000-plus people _ and what seemed like 10,000 Canadians _ cheering us on, it was just a feeling we'll never forget,'' Moir said. ``It's been quite an interesting ride trying to find audiences that can match that and I don't think we'll ever find that again in our career.''

That was really amazing! Thats awesome not only win Gold at OG, but made it at your country!
We all cant belive, that it was 1 year ago, Scott :D

Skate Talker
02-22-2011, 10:28 PM
Hey does anyone know when TSN/CTV are rebroadcasting V/M's programs? I want to record the OD since I missed it the first time.

Anyone? I've tried to find the schedule but TSN is so vague.

If you are referring to Four Continents then alilou has already answered your question, and there is no longer an OD - it's now the SD (Short Dance).

If you mean a repeat of the Olympics Replays, then TSN2 is showing their 1 1/2 hour retrospective of the Dance competition tomorrow - Wednesday February 23rd. It is showing here at 7 pm Central Time, so I guess probably 8 pm Eastern and 5 pm Pacific. It is not the entire competition of course in only 90 minutes, but they did show Tessa and Scott's OD.

Carmen Ovsiannikov
02-22-2011, 10:45 PM
....Like the above posters, I think it will depend on Tessa's condition. Even if isn't performed entirely up to snuff, this is (apparently) the most difficult program they've ever done; thus there is still tons of room for growth- especially since they will only skate it once this season. However, I'm not sure re-using programs is as popular with the judges, or even as common in ice dance, as we usually see in the remaining disciplines.

FWIW, both the Kerrs and Pechelat/Bourzat reverted back to old programs for Worlds last season. I think V/M would get a bit of a break simply because of the injury issues.

I think if Tessa and Scott are able to do Worlds and skate both of their programs to their full potential we probably won't see the Latin FD next year. Except possibly as an exhibition. Even if V&M weren't going on to Worlds we probably wouldn't see it IMO.

shirley is correct that the judges in icedance aren't usually open to teams reusing programs from year to year. At least not the top teams; the only time dance teams have been able to get away with bringing back previous FD's have been in instances when said teams weren't fighting for a medal. As Proustable said, K&K and P&B used previous programs but they weren't in contention for spots on the podium. The same goes for L&A bringing back "Jesus Christ Superstar" in 2000 or D&V reusing "Spente Le Stelle" in 2001. In the case of D&V, it may have even caused them to be placed lower than they might have been otherwise.

Maybe CBC's crew accidentally got hold of NBC's broadcasting handbook.

Rafter
02-22-2011, 11:15 PM
Tessa actually said "It's my quad" not "it's my fault."

I definitely thought she said "quad" too. One thing I found interesting is that Tessa had her head down and almost whispered it - like she didn't want to be heard saying this on camera. She spent quite a bit of time saying nothing, just looking at/eyeing Marina.

I wish they would skip worlds and come back and compete with this FD next year. From the little we've seen, it looks really promising so I'd love to see what this FD would look like with a whole season of training/competing, not just a few months.

flowerpower
02-22-2011, 11:51 PM
I wish they would skip worlds and come back and compete with this FD next year. From the little we've seen, it looks really promising so I'd love to see what this FD would look like with a whole season of training/competing, not just a few months.

I agree, but if the Rhumba is chosen as the CD to be incorporated into the SD next year (as is rumoured), this FD will be too similar rhythmically to the SD.