PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir # 10 - Mujer Latina

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

nlyoung
02-21-2011, 12:55 PM
Ok, however, I clearly heard and saw her say my fault, but if you were right there then of course I will stand corrected. Perhaps she said both, but we are referring to different sentences?

I heard "it's my quad" too the first time :)

puglover
02-21-2011, 05:34 PM
Thanks so much for acknowledging my post and your kind words. I too have not posted although lurked for years because I love to read honest appraisal (even well- thought-out and explained criticisms) - but the "hate" for certain skaters turns me off. I love to read Pani's comments and learn a lot from them. I felt more encouraged when I watched the CBC telecast that really seemed to be mostly about dance on Saturday. I have always felt Tracy Wilson may know more then the rest of us about what was going on with Tessa and Scott and I felt no tension or concern in her voice until after Tessa pulled up and then that she was genuinely completely shocked. Of course it was an abrupt ending and that may explain it, but I have felt a slight "holding of her breath" in the past at times that now make total sense as we know the back story. I do not believe at all that their stopping had anything to do with results or possibly being beat by Davis and White. I have a little more experience with horse injuries and often horses will inadvertently compensate when healing an injury by putting more pressure elsewhere which makes them appear lame again - although this is part of the healing process. I hope this is one of those cases. I have developed a lot of faith in their team both in Canton and Skate Canada and of course their families and I trust them to give Tessa and Scott the best advice they can.

pani
02-21-2011, 07:08 PM
Sorry FSU, but i wish maybe really uber post in this tread :D
Tomorrow Febuary 22 (tomorrow) it will be 1 Year Tessa and Scott Olympic Victory Anniversary. WOW! :respec:
What a hard Year it was. A lot off happiness after WCh, CSOI, they said, they will stay for this season.
A lot off dissapointing and pain for them. A lot off different emotions.
But let celebrate! This was best moment in there lifes!
And they look so cute this season, happy during ladies LP - hope she feel better!
So, let remeber, how ice dancing change during this last 5 years.
Try to remember Torino 2006 and Vancouver 2010.
How many new liftes V-M did during this 5 years!
How they change ice dance look during this years! The ice dance will never be the same, even if someone still live in 90th ;)
So - kudos to them and there Olympic Gold!
And cant wait to see continuation!!!!

Just find, they couldnt be at Worldf Team Trohfee this season, because Vanessa and Paul have better rate in this season.

clarie
02-21-2011, 07:42 PM
Sorry FSU, but i wish maybe really uber post in this tread :D
Tomorrow Febuary 22 (tomorrow) it will be 1 Year Tessa and Scott Olympic Victory Anniversary. WOW! :respec:
What a hard Year it was. A lot off happiness after WCh, CSOI, they said, they will stay for this season.
A lot off dissapointing and pain for them. A lot off different emotions.
But let celebrate! This was best moment in there lifes!
And they look so cute this season, happy during ladies LP - hope she feel better!
So, let remeber, how ice dancing change during this last 5 years.
Try to remember Torino 2006 and Vancouver 2010.
How many new liftes V-M did during this 5 years!
How they change ice dance look during this years! The ice dance will never be the same, even if someone still live in 90th ;)
So - kudos to them and there Olympic Gold!
And cant wait to see continuation!!!!

Just find, they couldnt be at Worldf Team Trohfee this season, because Vanessa and Paul have better rate in this season.

:respec::respec::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: HipHipChinChin Hooray!!!

walei
02-22-2011, 01:14 AM
Happy Anniversary Tessa & Scott!!

I still remember a year ago today I was sitting at my desk nervously hammering on the Vancouver 2010 official site. Had to go on multiple bathroom breaks because even waiting for the results to show up on the site was nerve wrecking!

shirley
02-22-2011, 02:28 AM
What strikes me the most about this team is that at such a young age, they already have all the tools to be champions and much more. Here is hoping that they can recover from this setback.

jenji124
02-22-2011, 03:59 AM
What strikes me the most about this team is that at such a young age, they already have all the tools to be champions and much more. Here is hoping that they can recover from this setback.

I agree I think they can be successful for many many years. Health of course is most important but if that is taken care of I can't wait to see what they are capable of in the future.

shirley
02-22-2011, 04:35 AM
I'm no V/M uber, and I'm no hater, either. In fact, in generally I'm rather neutral with them -- they've done programs I've loved (Olympic FD) and programs I can't stand (09 FD) and many programs that are in between. As far as reusing the FD is concerned, I think it depends. If they go to Worlds, they may or may not get a new FD, depending on feedback.
Right there with ya...their past programs have ranged from so/so to terrific for me- a bit of a mixed bag. Despite this, it's hard not to enjoy what they themselves put out on the ice. And when someone this talented is injured it really takes a bit of the excitement away from the whole competition.

But do you think they will in fact keep it for next season, in the event that they aren't able to skate it up to their potential this season? I keep wondering this.
Like the above posters, I think it will depend on Tessa's condition. Even if isn't performed entirely up to snuff, this is (apparently) the most difficult program they've ever done; thus there is still tons of room for growth- especially since they will only skate it once this season. However, I'm not sure re-using programs is as popular with the judges, or even as common in ice dance, as we usually see in the remaining disciplines.

Proustable
02-22-2011, 04:53 AM
FWIW, both the Kerrs and Pechelat/Bourzat reverted back to old programs for Worlds last season. I think V/M would get a bit of a break simply because of the injury issues.

jayta
02-22-2011, 05:13 AM
Hey does anyone know when TSN/CTV are rebroadcasting V/M's programs? I want to record the OD since I missed it the first time.

Anyone? I've tried to find the schedule but TSN is so vague.

pani
02-22-2011, 05:22 AM
How do you think - who is sitting next to Tessa at this video of ladies LP? Maybe this is her physiatrist, who helped her last season?
And after your psost i hope T-S will not return to Mahler at WCh (if they will be ready to skate).
And dont know anout new FD. If in next season pattern dance will be rhumba, they couldnt use this FD. Maybe they could made SD from it, but SD concept is a little boring and they could show all that fire.
And at this moment we couldnt be sure about there future - will wait announsment. Maybe after or during WCh.
And hope T-S will have party today :D

tapper88
02-22-2011, 05:25 AM
Pani, Scott was sitting next to Tessa at the Ladies long. I'm pretty sure they don't go to a psychologist anymore; by all accounts they are closer than ever.

alilou
02-22-2011, 06:15 AM
Hey does anyone know when TSN/CTV are rebroadcasting V/M's programs? I want to record the OD since I missed it the first time.

Anyone? I've tried to find the schedule but TSN is so vague.
TSN/CTV never broadcast 4CC dance. It was on CBC. If you go to their website cbc.ca you'll probably find vids there. I doubt if there will ever be a rebroadcast.

Pani, Scott was sitting next to Tessa at the Ladies long. I'm pretty sure they don't go to a psychologist anymore; by all accounts they are closer than ever.
I think pani probably meant physiotherapist, and yes I think it could be Mary Branigan sitting with them, though I'm not sure.

tapper88
02-22-2011, 06:40 AM
oh :lol: my bad! I'm not sure if Mary travelled with them..

pani
02-22-2011, 12:27 PM
I think pani probably meant physiotherapist, and yes I think it could be Mary Branigan sitting with them, though I'm not sure.

O, yes - i mean Mary Branigan. Thank you :)

PJ Kwong CBC blog about 4CC
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/pjkwong/2011/02/ice-dance-drama-the-story-at-four-continents.html
Why she made drama fron T-S FD withdrawall?
Virtue skated away from her partner while his surprised face seemed to plead with her to continue. Did show know on 100% Scott ask Tessa to continue? Why Canadian press so focusing at there inside relationships during this withdrawal?