PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir # 10 - Mujer Latina

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

pani
05-09-2011, 10:42 AM
The dress is great I love how it moves on the spin right at the end :)
You can tell they're holding back though the rinks not big enough so they can't really let go:rolleyes: I still think of B arbara FP to this music she really let herself go :lol: was it OD in 2000/1? Have to check it out .

Yes - this was amazing OD from FP-M in 1999-2000. It was in very ballroom style. Even at GP Mayri had a number on his back.
V-M have different interpretation - more modern, then FP-M was.
They had much better skating skills and more difficult dance :)
So i like them both. ;)
Really dont know what you want to say :D

nuge
05-09-2011, 10:53 AM
Really dont know what you want to say :D

I would say that Barbara has a more outgoing personality for this music and so can really let go whereas Tessa can't JMO .

pani
05-09-2011, 10:58 AM
I would say that Barbara has a more outgoing personality for this music and so can really let go whereas Tessa can't JMO .

But Barbara couldnt skate Mahler :D
yes - Barbara was born for Latin dance. But this was 10 years ago - time is change. And V-M had other music in most part of there FD, then FP-M. And F-P-M didnt had such hot rhumba.

nuge
05-09-2011, 11:26 AM
[QUOTE=pani;3176163]But Barbara couldnt skate Mahler :D
yes -But yes - for FSU Tessa is worst skater in the World, i know :D

You're so right Babs could not skate Mahler .Like you said they were different interpretations of the music and ten years on yes dance has changed a lot.Did I say Tessa was worst skater ? no so why do you say things like that ?
I really admire V/M and they are showing so much versatility it's just from what I remember I thought Barbara was just fabulous to this music :P

Going to rummage in my tape box and watch !

flowerpower
05-09-2011, 03:29 PM
Be patient, pani. ;)

V&M's skating speaks for itself, and will continue to do so, as long as they stay healthy and remain in the sport.

pani
05-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Be patient, pani. ;)

V&M's skating speaks for itself, and will continue to do so, as long as they stay healthy and remain in the sport.

OK. Sorry. :)

maggylyn
05-10-2011, 03:30 AM
Their shorter version FD for CSOI !! Love the pink dress!!:cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R17FYc1_nNI

Love that dress for the show.

I'm glad she wore the gold one for Worlds, though. It was a perfect fit for the FD.

Carmen Ovsiannikov
05-10-2011, 04:13 AM
But her golden dress "live" look so beautifull too. When they came out before FD warm-up this was - o, what a beautifull dress on Tessa :D

....But she is reall dancer - WOW! Honestly before this dance i even couldnt imaging Tessa could skate something like this. I wish to see her in group numbers. She could be a reall Star on CSOI :)

Perhaps because V&M had done more classical romantic dances in the past few years it's easy to forget that Tessa can dance. Think of the Everybody Dance exhibition and the Latin OD from 2006. That OD is the reason why I was excited to learn that V&M had chosen a Latin program for their FD this season.

Those who get to see the show version of the FD live are so lucky. I've lost count of how many times I've watched V&M's FD since it aired on Universal. It was the highlight of the dance competition for me. :kickass:

V&M have almost always been equals when it comes to technical ability but IMO in the past couple of seasons Tessa caught up to Scott when it comes to expression. I have to say in this FD, my attention kept going to her. Miss Tessa was really working it.

I don't think it's completely fair to compare Barbara Fusar-Poli to Tessa. Babs retired from eligible competition for the final time in 2006. Also F/P&M's Latin OD from 99/00 was amazing in it's own right; even many who weren't normally fans gave credit where it was due to Babs and Maurizio. But V&M's FD and F/P&M's OD were different in feel. F/P&M's dance was more of a traditional structured ballroom piece while V&M's is more modern and freeform (I think I'm using the correct terminology). Both women know how to move their bodies to the Latin rhythm.

I loved Tessa's yellow/gold dress and she looked gorgeous in it. I'm awestruck by just how good V&M were on the night of the FD, especially given that most would say they definitely were not at 100%. I agree with flowerpower, as long as Tessa's legs hold up and they decide they want to remain in, I see V&M as being able to maintain their place as one of the top teams in the world. I see at least one more world championship in their future.

Proustable
05-10-2011, 04:33 AM
Perhaps because V&M had done more classical romantic dances in the past few years it's easy to forget that Tessa can dance. Think of the Everybody Dance exhibition and the Latin OD from 2006. That OD is the reason why I was excited to learn that V&M had chosen a Latin program for their FD this season.

Word. While I became a fan of V/M because of "Umbrellas of Cherbourg" that OD cemented the deal.

Those who get to see the show version of the FD live are so lucky. I've lost count of how many times I've watched V&M's FD since it aired on Universal. It was the highlight of the dance competition for me. :kickass:

Yeah, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I love watching the RAI coverage. I don't speak Italian but during the Temptation lift, both of the commentators actually giggle it's so hot. And of course, Simon and Chris' unfettered enthusiasm is appealing (even if they were wrong). And the way Tracy Wilson says "To Russia with LOVE"....

Yeah.

pani
05-10-2011, 05:22 AM
And of course, Simon and Chris' unfettered enthusiasm is appealing (even if they were wrong). .

Why they was wrong? :confused:

pani
05-10-2011, 05:24 AM
and the Latin OD from 2006. That OD is the reason why I was excited to learn that V&M had chosen a Latin program for their FD this season.

Dont know. I wasnt so impressive with there OD in 2006. I think they both improved a lot since they were juniors :D
But essa still love pink - yes :lol:

clarie
05-10-2011, 12:34 PM
As much as I've loved their programs for the past 3 years (during Tessa's leg problem), I am anticipating this coming season with enthusiasm so that I (all of us too) can see them compete fully trained and without pain or injury. They have not been able to do this for a very long time. This team has had a rough go and it is truly amazing what they have accomplished with health issues going against them. A 107 in the FD for the 1st time out is amazing against teams competing and training the whole season.......absolutly AMAZING!!!!!:)

pani
05-10-2011, 01:04 PM
As much as I've loved their programs for the past 3 years (during Tessa's leg problem), I am anticipating this coming season with enthusiasm so that I (all of us too) can see them compete fully trained and without pain or injury. They have not been able to do this for a very long time. This team has had a rough go and it is truly amazing what they have accomplished with health issues going against them. A 107 in the FD for the 1st time out is amazing against teams competing and training the whole season.......absolutly AMAZING!!!!!:)

Yes, all now know Tessa didnt practies full time during last tree years. But i am a little disagree with you.
When they skate CD, OD and FD and OG - anybody see they didnt had full time practies? Could someone see problems with Tessas legs?
And when i saw they skated faster in OD then D-W at WCh last season - i was in shock.
Maybe i am wrong, but i had impression in FD they was faster then in Torino in Mahler (i said this before, i know).
I think Tessa mentaly is VERY strong girl. Even in Moscow, where a lot off teams had mistakes and even falls, she didnt had any noticable mistake - and this was first out of this FD. Maybe because they skated for funn, for each other? :)
So i dont think we need all time talk - look at Tessa legs. She skate all this three years (at leats at main competitions) like she is strong, healthy ice dancer.
Like my husband said after he saw Tessas jump from Goose in Mahler: "Did you said this girl have problems with her legs? Are you sure?" :)))))))))

clarie
05-10-2011, 01:25 PM
Yes, all now know Tessa didnt practies full time during last tree years. But i am a little disagree with you.
When they skate CD, OD and FD and OG - anybody see they didnt had full time practies? Could someone see problems with Tessas legs?
And when i saw they skated faster in OD then D-W at WCh last season - i was in shock.
Maybe i am wrong, but i had impression in FD they was faster then in Torino in Mahler (i said this before, i know).
I think Tessa mentaly is VERY strong girl. Even in Moscow, where a lot off teams had mistakes and even falls, she didnt had any noticable mistake - and this was first out of this FD. Maybe because they skated for funn, for each other? :)
So i dont think we need all time talk - look at Tessa legs. She skate all this three years (at leats at main competitions) like she is strong, healthy ice dancer.
Like my hasnabd said after he saw Tessas jump from Goose in Mahler: "Did you said this girl have problems with her legs? Are you sure?" :)))))))))

That was my whole point. They never could train 100 percent. Now it seems they can. So the sky's the limit for this team.

Proustable
05-10-2011, 03:16 PM
Why they was wrong? :confused:

Oh, just on facts (the GPF thing, for example)