PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir # 10 - Mujer Latina

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

~tapdancer~
05-06-2011, 07:44 PM
You know this off season has already taken a turn for the bizarre (see US pairs) so you guys might want to wait and see. I don't usually defend pani :) but for some odd reason, she has been right about V/M stuff in the past. Or not. They way I see it, anything can happen since it already has.

If they were to retire, they've got quite a resume and will forever be one of the truly great ice dance teams, Canadian or otherwise. And I don't think for one minute that they would retire because they lost to D/W, to me it would be their personal decision based on their personal feelings about their future lives.

Parsley Sage
05-06-2011, 07:45 PM
Doesn't pani say every season that they might not compete again?

clarie
05-06-2011, 07:55 PM
I really don't think they will retire. A: they are far too young, I mean Tessa only turned 21, and Scott's 23. B: They are not quitters. C: Why would she have had that surgery?, I think so she can train competitively. D. They have unfinished business.

They have contributed so much, but there is much more that they can do, and I think they want to do it. Some people would love to see them go away, and your guess is as good as mine as to who they are. But I've make a bet they'll be around for a while yet, and that's barring further injury.

pani
05-06-2011, 08:03 PM
Before OG i said - Tessa in in big pain. You said - you are in panic. What was then? You all read in book, she was in pain and they even cant skate at Canadian tests.
Now i tell you - they wasnt happy after that silver. I reallity is - Canada have Patrick for gold, and USA have nothing in FS - only few ice dance teams.
So T-S need to stay be under Chock-Zuerlain next season?
Even with something even better then this FD - could they be higher, then there coache lover? Be reall, guys.
I am really happy this team could take gold last season.
Davis is without talents but without injuries too take gold - this is greate Reall "America beautie" team/
Sad, but really talent Tessa had inhury and i am happy at leats she could skate during last season, to show Mahler and dance Latin this season.

pani
05-06-2011, 08:19 PM
If they were to retire, they've got quite a resume and will forever be one of the truly great ice dance teams, Canadian or otherwise. And I don't think for one minute that they would retire because they lost to D/W, to me it would be their personal decision based on their personal feelings about their future lives.

O yes- and this made you so happy. But not too long- Shibs is comming, dear :D

mia joy
05-06-2011, 09:17 PM
B
Now i tell you - they wasnt happy after that silver. I reallity is - Canada have Patrick for gold, and USA have nothing in FS - only few ice dance teams.
So T-S need to stay be under Chock-Zuerlain next season?
Even with something even better then this FD - could they be higher, then there coache lover? Be reall, guys.
I am really happy this team could take gold last season.
Davis is without talents but without injuries too take gold - this is greate Reall "America beautie" team/

You know, most of the time I just hold my tongue reading your comments, because I know arguing with you is pointless. But I swear this time you've taken it too far.

first of all - do you have a personal issue with the US? because from your comments it certainly seems so. If you do, get over it, at least when it comes to figure skating. We don't want politics on FSU, we have enough of it in the sport anyway.

secondly - I understand you don't like D/W, just as I don't like V/M, but your comments are just disrespectful. Think twice when next time you refer to a world champion and Olympic silver medalist as "without talents". Such statements make your comments look totally unthoughtful and unreliable.

and then this:

They show really innovated FD and didnt get greate markd for it.

do you really, honestly think they skated so great they deserved higher marks? they barely got higher marks for their Olympic FD, which was zillion times better than this one. And if you think they're gonna retire, just because they're sad and afraid of losing to Americans because of some twisted politics, well, then I suppose I value them higher than you do.

clarie
05-06-2011, 09:21 PM
This whole thing is getting stupid and out of hand........can we just have a NICE V&M thread going please.

pani
05-06-2011, 09:33 PM
mia joy so this mean Tango better then Mahler?

BellaSTRARSSA!
05-06-2011, 10:56 PM
This whole thing is getting stupid and out of hand........can we just have a NICE V&M thread going please.

I second this...

We'll only know for sure when we they decide to announce what their plans are like I believe Scott stated at some point after CSOI and a break. In the meantime...dare I hope that they would consider converting some of this FD into the SD next year?

And as far as FD suggestions...I'd like to see them go the way of their Pink Floyd FD with some classic rock or contemporary (like Radiohead comes to mind).

alilou
05-07-2011, 12:26 AM
Next year I'd love to see them do a big drahmatik sweeping epic a la D&W's Samson&Delilah :inavoid: :swoon: :swoon: They've never done anything like that before.

But I doubt they will because they seem committed to doing ballroom on ice.

Kasey
05-07-2011, 01:12 AM
Did you think she was happy she had so much pain for take silver?
I know, you dont care about this.

Frankly, this is bullsh*t, even for someone as over the top as you. You think there is ANY elite level skater who hasn't been injured and in pain? Including skating in pain at competition? And many of those who have skated injured never could even have dreamed of a silver medal, for all their hard work and sacrifice. You think Tessa Virtue is the ONLY skater who has ever skated in pain and not achieved what she hoped? You are really, really acting obnoxiously. I mean, even moreso than usual. :blah:

zilam98
05-07-2011, 02:34 AM
v/m being cited as key to increased worldwide attention to icedance:

http://www.universalsports.com/news-blogs/blogs/blog=gofigure/postid=531913.html#five+takeaways+from+world+champ ionships

Judy
05-07-2011, 02:35 AM
O yes- and this made you so happy. But not too long- Shibs is comming, dear :D

Pani I'm starting to wonder how much you badgered Tessa's family throughout this competition .. have you ever thought of that? perhaps that's why you were getting the reaction from Tessa's mom?

Honestly sometimes I wonder how stable you are. Get a grip.

Proustable
05-07-2011, 03:00 AM
BellaSTRARSSA!, I think V/M could do a wicked dance to "Idioteque."

walei
05-07-2011, 03:03 AM
So right after the FD I had 3 hours of sleep and then left for a week vacation in Bali. Now I am back and I want in on this discussion :lol:

V/M's free dance rocked! I did think the first half was better than the second half in which they both looked a bit out of breath towards the end. I also wished the slower Temptation part were shorter. But, I LOVED LOVED LOVED what other people called the "oozing" Tessa all over Scott's body move!!! OMG So HOT!!! Also their twizzle sequence is one of my favorites too, very innovative and reminds me of S-P's Orchid's innovative pair spin for some reason.

I was disappointed that they lost though, but now I'm more calm I do think Meryl and Charlie's win can be justified (their twizzels HOLY CRAP it was lightening fast!). What I don't agree is the gap in FD score, especially for the PCS. It just looks like the judges feel D/W now have a one mistake advantage over V/M which is worrying.

Regardless I think V/M will be back and still stay on with Zoueva. I trust all the teams training in Canton when they say even though now that they have Worlds' 1-2-3 teams the atmosphere is still a very constructive one. You see Scott mingle with Meryl at the FD press conference, and how happy he was when he found out the Shibs won bronze. Don't think it's all an act. For next season, I hope they rework their FD into the Latin SD for next season and come up with another refreshing FD and skate healthy from the start.