PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir # 10 - Mujer Latina

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

smileyskate
02-21-2011, 02:22 AM
Tessa actually said "It's my quad" not "it's my fault."

:)

Ok, however, I clearly heard and saw her say my fault, but if you were right there then of course I will stand corrected. Perhaps she said both, but we are referring to different sentences?

tapper88
02-21-2011, 02:26 AM
Maybe- here's the link: at 2:22 just turn the volume up and listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2W1zPk_Fb4

The commentators misheard her; it's easier if you zone them out :lol:

marbri
02-21-2011, 02:48 AM
Maybe- here's the link: at 2:22 just turn the volume up and listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2W1zPk_Fb4

Having another listen and I think you are right. Makes more sense as well.

shan
02-21-2011, 02:53 AM
You guys are quite the detectives. :lol: Impressive!!

shan
02-21-2011, 02:55 AM
Okay I actually just watched the video. I want to change my post to "thanks for the link". :lol:

marbri
02-21-2011, 02:55 AM
Not sure it's detective work.

mishieru07
02-21-2011, 03:28 AM
I don't understand people that spend their time watch something they hate and then proceed to question and dismiss fans who like them. I'm not saying everyone has to like them, but it is all the time from specific people, we get you don't like them.

Like many of you said I too can't wait to see the rest of the FD

Exactly. I don't understand why people feel the need to incessantly criticize others. If you don't like something, why waste your time watching it anyway? (I know I don't, toilet break for me :P) :rolleyes: I'd rather spend my time re-watching my favourites on repeat. (Valse Triste is just :swoon:)

Their FD looks :kickass:, really hoping they'll do a full run at least one! (Please please keep it for next season!). And kudos to Scott for being such a gentleman. :respec:

I really have no expectations for them heading into Worlds. All I hope is that Tessa will be healthy and hopefully if they feel up to it, they'll show us more than a sneak peek of their FD. :D I personally don't care for placements, though I suspect V/M will think otherwise. :lol:

Shayii
02-21-2011, 03:33 AM
P.S. I suspect the boards can seem over run with negativity that shouldn't reflect the viewership, skate fan public, nor the voices of FSU'ers. I myself read/lurk more than I comment and vastly feel put out, and shirk away from joining the conversation because it is so nasty. Maybe us fans with positive things to say should feel more inclined to voice ourselves and to share, and certainly not feel intimidated by the loud posters who, when you really whittle it down, bully bully bully.

Yea that's why I became a lurker myself. Being a new poster and new to figure skating in general it was overwhelming. When I found out they were back in competition I was so excited, they were in the lead after the SD and that happened in the FD I was so so sad for them. I can't even phantom that they would fake that I mean why would they? They have no reason to. Or I don't know is it not out of the ordinary for skaters to fake injuries or something? But I believe what they have told us, can't wait to see them at Worlds...hopefully!

maggylyn
02-21-2011, 04:05 AM

You're right. When I turned the volume up it's clear she says "quad."

That camera guy really was right in her face, wasn't he? I guess he was doing his job, but I'm glad someone was able to shoo him away.

I really have no expectations for them heading into Worlds. All I hope is that Tessa will be healthy and hopefully if they feel up to it, they'll show us more than a sneak peek of their FD. :D I personally don't care for placements, though I suspect V/M will think otherwise. :lol:

Same here. Just want Tessa to be healthy and be able to show this FD to its full potential.

Fallcolor
02-21-2011, 05:40 AM
Their FD looks :kickass:, really hoping they'll do a full run at least one! (Please please keep it for next season!). And kudos to Scott for being such a gentleman. :respec:

But do you think they will in fact keep it for next season, in the event that they aren't able to skate it up to their potential this season? I keep wondering this. I thought they decided not to use PF a second time only because it was an olympic year, but now, I'm not sure if they will reuse this dance. (i agree though-hope they will perform it brilliantly come worlds--already it looks like one of their most interesting FD's they've done yet). :)

skatepixie
02-21-2011, 06:41 AM
I'm no V/M uber, and I'm no hater, either. In fact, in generally I'm rather neutral with them -- they've done programs I've loved (Olympic FD) and programs I can't stand (09 FD) and many programs that are in between.

But the point here isn't about being a hater, or an uber, or somewhere in between. It's about the fact that this girl is injured, and doesn't need people talking crap right now. It can't be easy for her to go through this pain, and the fact that she does it without writhing on the ground like a European soccer player says a lot about how strong a person she is -- which should be clear to all, fan or not. Skaters aren't just athletes, they are performers too. And one of the first thing you learn as a performer is how to "act" even when you are not feeling what project. You smile, even when it hurts, even when you're having a rotten day.

As others have said, 4CC is not the place to lie to avoid losing (not that I think V/M would do that). It is also not the place to risk injury to win a medal, because at the end of the day it is a stepping stone, not the top of the mountain. There is no sense killing her chances of catching the big fish later, just so they can get a minnow now.

It is my hope that Tessa will recover. I also hope and pray that she will not return faster than what is best for their long term chances. If that means staying out of Worlds this year, oh well. Her health in the long run is more important -- especially if they want to go to Sochi.

tapper88
02-21-2011, 06:42 AM
Yes, I think they will use it again; especially because really, they're only doing one competition now. It seems highly likely; I just couldn't see them learning a new dance over the summer to perform (providing they continue to compete). However, I could be wrong!

I love the look of this FD, can't wait to see it in completion.

skatepixie, thank you for your post. I completely agree.

skatepixie
02-21-2011, 07:18 AM
Yes, I think they will use it again; especially because really, they're only doing one competition now. It seems highly likely; I just couldn't see them learning a new dance over the summer to perform (providing they continue to compete). However, I could be wrong!

I love the look of this FD, can't wait to see it in completion.

skatepixie, thank you for your post. I completely agree.

Thanks.

As far as reusing the FD is concerned, I think it depends. If they go to Worlds, they may or may not get a new FD, depending on feedback.

If they end up skipping Worlds, I'm willing to bet that they will keep the FD another year, especially if Tessa is doing poorly. Learning a new program is a lot of work, often repetitive work, which is the sort of thing that makes Compartment Syndrome worse, at least from what I've read.

clarie
02-21-2011, 11:54 AM
I'm glad to see some positive posts from this unfortunate situation. I'm only a fan, no skating background whatsoever, but I do know that what I've seen from V&M throughout the years is something special from the first time I saw them. This was a number of years ago when Nats was in Ottawa and they showed them and also a shot of Shae Lynne watching them with a look of amazement on her face. Right away I was hooked, although it took awhile before they were televised again, and I (with my crummy memory) actually remembered their names and kept a watch out for them....then, low and behold, they are there and rising fast. I don't think one has to be a skater or a coach or a judge to recognize greatness.

I, too, lurked for many years before ever posting anything and it was an excercise in frustration at times, but after I got the nerve up, it became much easier. So welcome to the newcomers to this forum and this thread, please post often. You never know when you can say something that gives some fresh insight. :)

clarie
02-21-2011, 12:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rZipaWaVRs

Tessa and Scott watching "ladies".......:)