PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir # 10 - Mujer Latina

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

pani
05-05-2011, 08:36 AM
What should they skate to next season for their FD?

Black Swan will be all the rage, and I'd love to seem them try. Or perhaps something from The Wild Party (Michael John Lachiusa musical...?

Any other ideas?

In interview for Sport-express they said, they already have ideas for next season. But we need wait untill they will say - will they compete next season or no.
We gave them disk with music. But dont think they will take something from it :D But who know? ;)
As for "Black swan". Dont know.... I think Thaikovsky music will be save by some teams for Sochi ;)

pani
05-05-2011, 08:40 AM
Question- I'm going to the Meet and Greet on Thursday in Vancouver, and just found out that not all the cast members attend. Do you think Tessa and Scott will? I really hope so as I just found out I could go!

Usually not all skaters take part in Meet and Greet at CSOI.

Judy
05-05-2011, 11:44 AM
I went to one after SOI after the 1994 Olympics and they were all there but I guess they do it differently now. I bet they take turns at different shows. I wonder if Kurt is not at all of them though since he'll always be a big star in Canada.

pani
05-05-2011, 11:55 AM
I went to one after SOI after the 1994 Olympics and they were all there but I guess they do it differently now. I bet they take turns at different shows. I wonder if Kurt is not at all of them though since he'll always be a big star in Canada.

I think Kurt is big start everywhere in the World :D
Yes, maybe they change something. But i think T-S will be maybe at every Meet, because they missed half ot thos tour.
Hope you will see them - good luck!

clarie
05-05-2011, 12:19 PM
I have a feeling that we're going to get sick of "Black Swan" next season. We all know they can shake it up, so I hope they pick something adult romantic, maybe even a little x-rated :D, but something that shows off Tessa's beautiful back, arms, and displays their synchronicity, lines, and posture. That's their bread and buttah! As Tessa seems to be feeling good and able to train, I hope and think that we will also see some improvement over this year in stamina and speed. They are beautiful to watch, but there is always room for improvement, and I really would like to see them at their best again, something which because of Tessa's condition they haven't been able to show.
Thoughts?

I hope they keep some of their FD to use in the SD, or at least use it for a gala/show number.

pani
05-05-2011, 12:26 PM
This funny, but at arena there speed and power look OK. And i must say - they look faster in Samba, then they were in Machler in Torino :)
But we all know - judges love romantic programs from them and with such kind program they will give them gold.
But honestly, i wish to see in FD something different (if they will compete). This FD show speciall dancers this two are. So they could show something different. I want to see something modern, something difficult and mature. Like Delobel-Shonfelder "Piano" was - FD not for all, like Thcaikovskay said about that D-Sh FD.
But always greate to see there beautie in exibitions.
Dont know why, but i really injoy there IWHYH exibition.

pingu
05-05-2011, 02:04 PM
This funny, but at arena there speed and power look OK. And i must say - they look faster in Samba, then they were in Machler in Torino :)

I agree. Especially at the monday practice, to me their edges and speed were even better than last year's.

pani
05-05-2011, 02:19 PM
I agree. Especially at the monday practice, to me their edges and speed were even better than last year's.

Than you - greate to know i am not one :)
I think i Torino they wasnt really fresh after OG and all other teams too. They left too much at OG last season. Maybe only Meryl-Chalie save best FD for WCh last season ;)
But in OD i like T-S speed in Torino. This was wonder to see they skated with Meryl-Charlie in the same speed level in OD in Torino. :D

Judy
05-05-2011, 03:05 PM
But we all know - judges love romantic programs from them and with such kind program they will give them gold.
But honestly, i wish to see in FD something different (if they will compete). This FD show speciall dancers this two are. So they could show something different. I want to see something modern, something difficult and mature. Like Delobel-Shonfelder "Piano" was - FD not for all, like Thcaikovskay said about that D-Sh FD.
But always greate to see there beautie in exibitions.
Dont know why, but i really injoy there IWHYH exibition.

Pani they missed 5 months of training. Moir knew at the end of that program that they were getting silver at best. It is nothing more complicated then that.

pani
05-05-2011, 03:09 PM
Pani they missed 5 months of training. Moir knew at the end of that program that they were getting silver at best. It is nothing more complicated then that.

:eek:He said this to you? :D
I am talking only about speed compare to Mahler in Torino ;) And i am talking about ideas for next year programs
O, and i saw them only at arena, then on Italian and russian TV. So this commentators was in positive shaock after V-M FD. Even russian Eurosport commentator said- nobody could be close to them :D
Sorry, but some people, like Novitsky, Kerr, Platov like V-M Fds more. And this isnt tragedy. I cant understand, why i cant talk about there opinion? At least all feel free to talk from last years D-W must be golden. So - this is OK
And if i talk V-M was faster compare to V-M one year before at WCh in Torino - what the problem is?

flowerpower
05-05-2011, 03:29 PM

I can see how people would look at it this way. It is interesting, though, to note the number of European commentators and former top level skaters, who watched both V/M and D/W's free dances and felt that the result was arguable - could have gone either way. Some even felt that V/M should have won the FD. These people are not North Americans, and presumably have a fairly objective view - more so than Americans or Canadians.

I am not wuzrobbing - I am not interested in going there - but V/M should be incredibly proud of their season. It amazes me what they're capable of, with abbreviated training and minimal competition, and skating in a style which was completely new for them. Not to mention the mental toughness they must have to compete under such circumstances.
:respec:

pani
05-05-2011, 03:40 PM
I can see how people would look at it this way. It is interesting, though, to note the number of European commentators and former top level skaters, who watched both V/M and D/W's free dances and felt that the result was arguable - could have gone either way. Some even felt that V/M should have won the FD. These people are not North Americans, and presumably have a fairly objective view - more so than Americans or Canadians.

I am not wuzrobbing - I am not interested in going there - but V/M should be incredibly proud of their season. It amazes me what they're capable of, with abbreviated training and minimal competition, and skating in a style which was completely new for them. Not to mention the mental toughness they must have to compete under such circumstances.
:respec:

But this is normal situation, because in Russia commentators like V-M usually more then D-W.
But last season British Eurosport commentators at WCh talk D-W must won that tritle. Italian commentator made stading ovations for D-W in Torino. I dont know, what they talk this time so both teams have there supporters.
I only dont like. when commentators made impression, that V-M was slow and had a lot off mistakes. Sorry, but a lot off people saw thim "live" and they had speed, power and had best timing in pattern dance. So i dont talk about overall result - but stop talking about things, which didnt take place in Megasport
I think V-M must be very proud because the made FD, wich love a lot off people and even at FSU they had some positive comments about this FD :D

flowerpower
05-05-2011, 04:12 PM
But last season British Eurosport commentators at WCh talk D-W must won that tritle....I dont know, what they talk this time so both teams have there supporters.

Here's what the British Eurosport commentators said about V/M's FD this year (they made these comments at the end of V/M's gala performance). They said that V/M's FD was "a performance of genius, both in its conception and in its execution..I still can't believe they were beaten".

ETA: And you asked about the Italians...the Italian commentators loved V/M's FD too "IC= they live on another planet!! maybe it's not very romantic (to say that), but that's it, I don't have another way to say that. they're a mix of sensuality, skills, elegance, speed. I dn't know what else we could say about them, they're perfection." (pingu translated all of their comments a couple of pages back)

But my point was simply that V/M had a great season, and should be proud, not discouraged in any way. They have never complained, are totally classy and my hat is off to them.

pani
05-05-2011, 04:18 PM
Here's what the British Eurosport commentators said about V/M's FD this year (they made these comments at the end of V/M's gala performance). They said that V/M's FD was "a performance of genius, both in its conception and in its execution..I still can't believe they were beaten".

O, Yes!!! Thank you! Hope all this people said this to Tessa-Scott :D
Look, like after this FD commentators in Europe love T-S a lot :) Maybe more, then commentators in Canada :D

clarie
05-05-2011, 05:05 PM
I, for one, am so proud of them for coming out this year and skating 2 brilliant programs, and last year for challenging themselves enough to win an Olympic Gold Medal. No-one can ever take that from them. They have overcome incredible adversity to be where they are, and it's my extreme hope that they continue to push the envelope and challenge anyone out there. Tessa's skating is pain-free according to them so there's no reason they can't improve on their already phenomenal skills, both tech and presentation. I think they will with comparable training time to other top teams.:) I really want them to do something sensuous next year and show more of that aspect of their skating and presentation. That lift in the FD was a terrific "teaser" lol.