PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir # 10 - Mujer Latina

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

OlieRow
05-03-2011, 02:02 AM
I wonder if V&M are under pressure from Skate Canada to compete next year and the year after because of GPF being in Quebec City and Worlds in London in 2013. I guess a lot will depend on her legs.

I've always thought that Skate Canada's purpose of bringing Worlds to London in 2013 was to entice them to stick around. If they decide to come back next year, then it's "only one more year" until Worlds in your backyard. And from there it's "only one more year" until the Olympics.

I liked the direction they were going with this FD - definitely still showing off their good chemistry, but instead of romance it was sexy. I'd like to see more programs like this from them. Tessa definitely looks more mature and adult-like now which is good.

Assuming they continue, I'd love to see them do a sultry blues FD.

ETA:

Tessa looked GREAT!!! A few extra pounds really suits her...if it inhibits their lifts Scott should bulk up before Tessa trims down. Meryl looks scary thin...in the exhibition in particular she looks very ill and considering Shpilband's reputation I would sadly suspect he will want Tessa to go back to that look before long

I thought Tessa looked FABULOUS at Worlds. Very buff and fit, very healthy. The girl can flat out dance and was the star of the FD.

Anybody find it curious how V&M attract an enormous number of trolls in their fanbase? Proper fan etiquette is to quit bashing after everyone has called you on it and you have a series of red blobs under your name. I get the sense that for whatever reason, Virtue and Moir attract a bunch of crazies, and no other fan should look up to posters like these for a benchmark on what a proper fan should be.

My theory is post-Olympics they developed a lot of newer (and perhaps younger) fans who might not be as knowledgeable on board etiquette.

jl22aries
05-03-2011, 04:10 AM
Let's give Scott some love too....the way his FD costume fit...

Moving on.

I LOVE John Kerr's commentary. It's straight, personable, respectful of all the athletes, and gives us an insider's perspective. LOVE. Anyone have any idea how fans can let him know to keep it up? Does he read these boards? JOHN KERR KEEP WRITING! YOU'RE FAB!

Proustable
05-03-2011, 05:10 AM
re: V/M's future plans (total speculation)

When they made public that Tessa had a second surgery, Scott mentioned that the initial plan had been to skate through the season and then have the surgery. Because of that, I did suspect their intention was to retire soon after. But the surgery proved more necessary than previously thought. I suspect some of their reticence about continuing was just the amount of pain Tessa was in (recall how much effort they spent hiding it). Now, if Tessa's truly as pain free as she says (the problem with hiding it once is now we're always paranoid), I suspect that alone provides the motivation to continue to Sochi. That, and to feel worthy of those comparisons to T/D.

OlieRow, a blues number would be divine.

Macassar88
05-03-2011, 05:26 AM

Moving on.

I LOVE John Kerr's commentary. It's straight, personable, respectful of all the athletes, and gives us an insider's perspective. LOVE. Anyone have any idea how fans can let him know to keep it up? Does he read these boards? JOHN KERR KEEP WRITING! YOU'RE FAB!
Scott is quite hot. Surprised that Tessa can keep herself away... Although I guess that she never got over Scott when he dumped her by telephone...

alilou
05-03-2011, 07:06 AM
Hope these haven't been posted already - two articles about Marina and Igor and their Canton school

Coaches' juggling act a remarkable feat
http://espn.go.com/blog/olympics/post/_/id/741/coaches-juggling-act-a-remarkable-feat

Russians Triumph, on the Coaching Side
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/02/sports/02iht-ARENA02.html

pani
05-03-2011, 08:39 AM
Curious, pani, if there have been any interviews with them or about them in the Russian press? Has Marina made any comments?

Skate Canada didnt let anybody to made interwie with V-M after FD. All could asl questions only in mix-zone and at press-conference.
I didnt read nothing from Marina. Before they made group photo on podium, they couldnt found Marina long time. Maybe she made some interwies - dont know. But in press i read there qouts only about Khohlove-Andreev - they have new programs and even costumes for next season and Shpilband said they will take place at Nationals team at next season.
As for Kamerlengo. They have Kethlin and Andrew and now P-B - dont think they will take V-M even in 2012.
I think this could be greate to see there work with Platov and Kerrs. Kerrs have so many greate ideas for programs. And i missed them a lot at this WCh :(
Marina never let them to work with other choreograhfer. I think it will be interesting to see them in Dean programs. I think C-P FD this season could suit them a lot.
As for close relationships between Tessa and Marina. I think they all have more professional relationships. Becuase without this i dont think this could be possible to hold 12 teams in group. And close relationships with Shpilband and Meryl didnt affect at group at all too. Dont think this could be possible in other group.
I wish to say 2 words about Tessas health and non-traning. At Russian Nationals Marina said Tessa didnt practies 3 years and T-S will lose D-W at WCh. They all time save her legs. So i am not wonder they skated so greate at this WCh without all season competing. Dont know, but i feel something new in Tessa/ Like she is more free now, more open to the public in her skating. I have feeling, she feel better this season, they one year before.
But i belive her mom more and cant waite to see them at new professional competitins next season.

tapper88
05-03-2011, 09:08 AM
Actually, Pani, I respectfully disagree with you about Tessa and Marina. In my opinion at least, they seemed closer than ever-lots of hugging, hand squeezes, etc. Marina was even grooving to Tessa and Scott's FD! :lol: I think something good has changed in their relationship (not that it was ever bad), but more of a collaborative friendship that she and Scott have with Igor and Marina.

Again, just my opinion :).

pani
05-03-2011, 09:46 AM
Actually, Pani, I respectfully disagree with you about Tessa and Marina. In my opinion at least, they seemed closer than ever-lots of hugging, hand squeezes, etc. Marina was even grooving to Tessa and Scott's FD! :lol: I think something good has changed in their relationship (not that it was ever bad), but more of a collaborative friendship that she and Scott have with Igor and Marina.

Again, just my opinion :).

I only want to say, that when coach gave favors in group - this group couldnt be so big ;)
Look at Zhulin group, when he worked with his wife, Vasiliev group, when he worked with Totmynina-Marinin ect.
But skaterd didnt left Z-S even if we think Marina have Tessa like her favorite skater (and now coach her son) and Igor have Meryl....

pani
05-03-2011, 11:03 AM
Thanks Pani!

Just watched FD on Russia-2 with Zhurankov-Novitsky comments. What to translate this comments to you :)
What this was? O, this was twizzles - OMG, nobody show something like this at this WCh before.
Look at this spin. Not very createve, but look at this arms positions - this made this spin really impressive.
All look so easy. Novitsky - they made all this look so easy, but its very difficult FD.
We new, they could dance waltz, tango, but now we know - they could dance latina, like they was without skates on there feets.
Zhurankov - i knew, why this two are OGM. Like Staniskavsky said - i belive you. And i belive them, then could show any style in ice dance.
I remember ask about them Zueva in Getteborg. How i must pronounce Tessa surname. Marina said - i dont know. This two for me is number one and nomber two. How this could be? Tessa- number 1, Scott - number 2 :lol: And when she came to as for comments she said - i will talk only about team from Canada not about any other of our teams. This was 2008.
After M-C FD. Amazing, how this two teams are better, then all other. I think they couldnt show any style in ice dance. Before they had theatrical programs. This is first time they choose something really dancing. Dont know, but i like V-M more. After marks - oooooo...... Dont know, what to say (Novitsky). Zhurankov - i know. This team show all elements on 4 level only one SS was level 3 but with hig GOE. O, and they won compenent score over canadians - dont know....
I talked with Barbara Fusar-Poly and tell her - look, like Z-S made dessigion, who will be World champions. She said - is this surprise for you?

Then intervie with T-S. They was really surprized to have such a big support in Russia. Said thank to all fans, organizing commete. They was asked about russian people - North American think russians is too cold. Scott said - we work with russians Igor and Marina and love them.
They was happy with there perfomance. They want to win every time and love to compete- so they was happy. Then the said some words on Russia - it was sweet.
Especially when Tessa said on russian -I have frozen and I adore you:lol:

OlieRow
05-03-2011, 01:45 PM
But i belive her mom more and cant waite to see them at new professional competitins next season.

What did her mom say?

pani
05-03-2011, 02:00 PM
What did her mom say?

When we ask - we hope they will skate next season, shw said - no. But this was before she saw Tessa after FD. But i understand her- to pay 100 000 for this....

Bue
05-03-2011, 02:26 PM

I watched the KnC footage four times, mainly to drool over Scott's physique (after I had given sufficient props to Tessa's physique, of course!) His arms were practically bulging out of those sleeves :swoon:

pani
05-03-2011, 02:43 PM
I watched the KnC footage four times, mainly to drool over Scott's physique (after I had given sufficient props to Tessa's physique, of course!) His arms were practically bulging out of those sleeves :swoon:

:lol: What about skating?

Rafter
05-03-2011, 03:43 PM
Just watched FD on Russia-2 with Zhurankov-Novitsky comments. What to translate this comments to you :)
What this was? O, this was twizzles - OMG, nobody show something like this at this WCh before.
Look at this spin. Not very createve, but look at this arms positions - this made this spin really impressive.
All look so easy. Novitsky - they made all this look so easy, but its very difficult FD.
We new, they could dance waltz, tango, but now we know - they could dance latina, like they was without skates on there feets.
Zhurankov - i knew, why this two are OGM. Like Staniskavsky said - i belive you. And i belive them, then could show any style in ice dance.
I remember ask about them Zueva in Getteborg. How i must pronounce Tessa surname. Marina said - i dont know. This two for me is number one and nomber two. How this could be? Tessa- number 1, Scott - number 2 :lol: And when she came to as for comments she said - i will talk only about team from Canada not about any other of our teams. This was 2008.
After M-C FD. Amazing, how this two teams are better, then all other. I think they couldnt show any style in ice dance. Before they had theatrical programs. This is first time they choose something really dancing. Dont know, but i like V-M more. After marks - oooooo...... Dont know, what to say (Novitsky). Zhurankov - i know. This team show all elements on 4 level only one SS was level 3 but with hig GOE. O, and they won compenent score over canadians - dont know....
I talked with Barbara Fusar-Poly and tell her - look, like Z-S made dessigion, who will be World champions. She said - is this surprise for you?

Who said this? Novitski? Or the other guy?

Interesting comment from her nonetheless. No doubt in my mind that Igor was politiking for D&W this year and at this competition.

Rafter
05-03-2011, 03:44 PM
When we ask - we hope they will skate next season, shw said - no. But this was before she saw Tessa after FD. But i understand her- to pay 100 000 for this....

What? Kate Virtue told you that they will not skate next season? I have a hard time believing she would speak about this on behalf of Tessa and Scott.