PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir # 10 - Mujer Latina

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

flowerpower
05-02-2011, 11:16 PM
I doubt very much that they'd make a coaching change right now.

Their behaviour in the Kiss and Cry with Marina/Igor and their interactions on the podium and at the press conference suggest that they are very happy so far in the Canton training environment. Detroit is a good base for them too, since it's close to their homes, Tessa's university and physiotherapist. Lots of reasons to stay right where they are for the upcoming season, and no compelling reasons to change - yet.

My guess is that they will compete for at least one more year. If Tessa's health remains strong over that period, I suspect they will want to press on to Sochi. If they feel they're getting the material and coaching they need, they'll probably stay with S/Z, but if they feel stalled that's when they might make a move (summer 2012). Who could they go to? Probably either Krylova/Camerlengo (good coaches, new choreographic ideas, other top teams to train with, even a Detroit location) or Platov (new ideas, top-flight resume, think they'd get along well with him, but unfortunately no other top teams).

I do see them eventually wanting to work with other choreographers (assuming Tessa's health holds up), because they've won the big prize already, and a lot of the challenges remaining to them involve trying new things and pushing their boundaries, which they seem to love to do.

flowerpower
05-02-2011, 11:47 PM
i think they have outgrown shpilband and zueva and their coreography they need a fresh coach and ideas because they can skate too anything

I basically agree with this, and I really hope we'll get a chance to see them develop to their full potential.

(They were very worthy Olympic champions, but still have much more room to grow, IMO. I still can't believe how well they performed that free dance, in their first full competition of the season - and in a style that was completely new for them.)

Judy
05-02-2011, 11:49 PM
i dont think tessa muscled up--she looks more like she's in her off-season physique with the less training they had. both she and meryl looked really slim last season, but look at the differences in their physiques this time. it's almost how gordeeva looked like in 89 worlds with the less training g/g had post injury. well granted, gordeeva also hit puberty then. i just wish tessa would keep this weight onward--she looks much better in that physique, though i doubt marina/igor would allow that. team zueva/shpilband tend to keep their ladies really slender to a point of looking frail, like how katia was when training with zueva.

Absolutely she did - she muscled her shoulders. I suspect some weight training. She has said that she was in the gym a lot.

BTW .. Skate Canada CEO Thompson did state that V&M had lost 5 months of training. What they managed to do was fabulous IMO. My hat is off to them.

And oops for confusing the coaches .. Zhulin is P&B's coach. Platov? Why would they go to him? IMO there isn't any need to change coaches. V&M did an awesome program this year and only lacked training and competition.

I agree with the others .. that lift was hot hot hot ... they only thing I regret this season is that they couldn't compete this at different programs because I would have loved to see that dance from different angles.

As for the others who mentioned they should stick to romantic programs - none of the teams can stick to the same theme. However, I think it was obvious that they brought chemistry and that "hotness" factor into this program.

Rafter
05-02-2011, 11:51 PM
The problem is - where could they go, if they still want to compete?
Kamerlengo took P-B. Lynichuck? Dont think so - remember, what she made with B-A. Who else? How do you think?
Like i said before, they are lucky, because Shpilband plane didnt work last season. After GPF even Marina thought T-S will be 4th at OG. So - this made me happy, because this team could still even without any gold, because of Shpilband favors.

If Shpilband/Zoueva can have V&M and D&W, why can't Camerlengo/Krylova have V&M and P&B?

Anyway, I agree with flowerpower's assessment. Maybe in 2012 they'd make a move but I don't see it right now. Plus I get the feeling that Tessa and Marina are very close. Not sure Tessa would leave her.

Rafter
05-02-2011, 11:59 PM
I basically agree with this, and I really hope we'll get a chance to see them develop to their full potential.

(They were very worthy Olympic champions, but still have much more room to grow, IMO. I still can't believe how well they performed that free dance, in their first full competition of the season - and in a style that was completely new for them.)

They did do a somewhat similar style their first year as juniors. I was in the crowd, believe it was 2003 Canadians, and they brought the house down. It may have been a Cha Cha (can't really remember for sure) but it was a latin FD in any case. They wore green and blue costumes. Their incredible musicality was evident then.

I personally would love to see what direction Camerlengo/Krylova or Platov would go with them.

Rafter
05-03-2011, 12:16 AM
Absolutely she did - she muscled her shoulders. I suspect some weight training. She has said that she was in the gym a lot.

BTW .. Skate Canada CEO Thompson did state that V&M had lost 5 months of training. What they managed to do was fabulous IMO. My hat is off to them..

I wonder how other teams feel when they hear/know that V&M have lost so much training time and can waltz into their first full comp of the year and almost get the gold medal. Just goes to show how talented they are.

As for the others who mentioned they should stick to romantic programs - none of the teams can stick to the same theme. However, I think it was obvious that they brought chemistry and that "hotness" factor into this program.

I too disagree that they should stick to romance only. Sure they do it well, but how are they going to grow and challenge themselves if that's all the type of programs they do?

I liked the direction they were going with this FD - definitely still showing off their good chemistry, but instead of romance it was sexy. I'd like to see more programs like this from them. Tessa definitely looks more mature and adult-like now which is good.

They did look sluggish at the end and not as fast as normal. I also think the middle section lacked transitions, but for the first and only time out, it was pretty great. I think this FD would have been truly spectacular had they been able to compete it 5 or 6 times and had the chance to tweak and perfect it over the course of the season.

Curious, pani, if there have been any interviews with them or about them in the Russian press? Has Marina made any comments?

clarie
05-03-2011, 12:21 AM
Perhaps they should combine romantic with sexy for next year. The way they skate together and connect, I have a hard time believing that they are not romantically linked....that's just how good they are at it.

Rafter
05-03-2011, 12:30 AM
I wonder if V&M are under pressure from Skate Canada to compete next year and the year after because of GPF being in Quebec City and Worlds in London in 2013. I guess a lot will depend on her legs.

Judy
05-03-2011, 12:53 AM
I wonder if V&M are under pressure from Skate Canada to compete next year and the year after because of GPF being in Quebec City and Worlds in London in 2013. I guess a lot will depend on her legs.

It's obvious they want them to stay .. I suspect they are paying for some of their training costs too to keep them

It's curious that Tessa mentioned during the interview yesterday that the one thing she didn't expect especially after recovering so well after the surgery was getting back mentally. I probably haven't worded that exactly as she said it.

Judy
05-03-2011, 12:55 AM
Perhaps they should combine romantic with sexy for next year. The way they skate together and connect, I have a hard time believing that they are not romantically linked....that's just how good they are at it.

I've never had a problem with believing they aren't romantically connected .. but they are great actors lol

Is Scott still with Jessica Dube? and we know who Tessa is with.

Judy
05-03-2011, 12:58 AM
Tessa looks great, must say.

I really liked her response when CBC asked what they would be doing after Worlds and she said they would go home to celebrate with Meryl and Charlie. These two teams are really amazing together.

They said the first thing they'd do is congratulate D&W .. they are actually touring a couple of shows with SOI and then going on vacation.

I guess this is a shorter vacation season for all the skaters this year with the delay with worlds.

sliver98
05-03-2011, 01:31 AM
Anybody found curious that the shibutanis congratulated them first before Meryl and Charlie on the Podium proper etiquette is to congratulate the champions first, i get the sense virtue and Moir have enormous admiration among their peers. Even Elena Ilynick said the other day how much they admired i have a feeling alot of those younger teams are looking up to them as a benchmark on what an ice dance team should be.

marbri
05-03-2011, 01:37 AM
Anybody found curious that the shibutanis congratulated them first before Meryl and Charlie on the Podium proper etiquette is to congratulate the champions first, i get the sense virtue and Moir have enormous admiration among their peers. Even Elena Ilynick said the other day how much they admired i have a feeling alot of those younger teams are looking up to them as a benchmark on what an ice dance team should be.

I didn't even notice it so certainly didn't find it curious. It's likely nothing more than the first stop on the way to their spot on the podium. I don't understand why you make some of the posts you make.

HSGP21
05-03-2011, 01:58 AM
i dont think tessa muscled up--she looks more like she's in her off-season physique with the less training they had. both she and meryl looked really slim last season, but look at the differences in their physiques this time. it's almost how gordeeva looked like in 89 worlds with the less training g/g had post injury. well granted, gordeeva also hit puberty then. i just wish tessa would keep this weight onward--she looks much better in that physique, though i doubt marina/igor would allow that. team zueva/shpilband tend to keep their ladies really slender to a point of looking frail, like how katia was when training with zueva.

Tessa looked GREAT!!! A few extra pounds really suits her...if it inhibits their lifts Scott should bulk up before Tessa trims down. Meryl looks scary thin...in the exhibition in particular she looks very ill and considering Shpilband's reputation I would sadly suspect he will want Tessa to go back to that look before long

sap5
05-03-2011, 02:00 AM

Anybody find it curious as to why V&M have so many trolls in their fanbase? Proper fan etiquette is to quit bashing after everyone has called you on it and you have a series of red blobs under your name. I get the sense that for whatever reason, Virtue and Moir attract an enormous number of crazies, and no other fan should look up to posters like these for a benchmark on what a proper fan should be.