PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir # 10 - Mujer Latina

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

maggylyn
02-20-2011, 08:06 PM
Yay for the V and M rallying!

I think that posters have every right not to like V and M or their dances or S and Z or Canton.

But what bothers me is that so many of the posts are venomous and dismissive of not only V and M but also anyone who likes them or their work.

Don't like them - fine - you have that right. And you also DON'T HAVE TO WATCH THEM!

Golly - spend time with your pet or family, read a good book for 4 and a half minutes - surf the net - then you could spare yourself of the supreme boredome / annoyance etc. of watching them.

I know they might say in response - that I don't have to read their posts- but when reading FSU threads that is easier said than done.

Anyhow - lastly - just for the record

1/Haterz - you may know a lot about dance but many people who are knowledgeable about dance think V and M are pretty fantastic too - including former skaters, commentators, FSU posters and judges. Please stop insinuating that you are in the know and only ignoramuses or people with no taste think otherwise.

2/That their programs are bland/ uninteresting/badly or boringly choreographed / recycled/always the same/COP whoring - is your opinion - not fact. Many disagree with you, although their opinons are not fact either.

3/There are so many lovely ways to spend your time other than watching dances you hate and then trying to convince everyone your ill opinion is right ----if you can just think of them!

^^
This!!!

Thank you for saying what I've been thinking also.

pani
02-20-2011, 08:30 PM
Yay for the V and M rallying!

I think that posters have every right not to like V and M or their dances or S and Z or Canton.

But what bothers me is that so many of the posts are venomous and dismissive of not only V and M but also anyone who likes them or their work.

Don't like them - fine - you have that right. And you also DON'T HAVE TO WATCH THEM!

Golly - spend time with your pet or family, read a good book for 4 and a half minutes - surf the net - then you could spare yourself of the supreme boredome / annoyance etc. of watching them.

I know they might say in response - that I don't have to read their posts- but when reading FSU threads that is easier said than done.

Anyhow - lastly - just for the record

1/Haterz - you may know a lot about dance but many people who are knowledgeable about dance think V and M are pretty fantastic too - including former skaters, commentators, FSU posters and judges. Please stop insinuating that you are in the know and only ignoramuses or people with no taste think otherwise.

2/That their programs are bland/ uninteresting/badly or boringly choreographed / recycled/always the same/COP whoring - is your opinion - not fact. Many disagree with you, although their opinons are not fact either.

3/There are so many lovely ways to spend your time other than watching dances you hate and then trying to convince everyone your ill opinion is right ----if you can just think of them!

WOW! Are there so many negative posts at 4CC tread?
I agree with you on 100%
I only cant understand, why V-M have so much haters, but its OK. Someone like apples someone bear :D
But its so unfair to talk about recycling of there programs, when they show so much new elements, wich now all teams used (who not-recycling anything)/ And in that part of FD - there so many new things. They even made new twizzeles - this is cool.
Some time i am thinking - if FS is so unpleasent to watch for some knowledgeable people, becuae i read a lot off bad things maybe about every skater, why they still watching competitions?
Why they all want to go to TEB (for example) and then start wrighte so many negative information about skaters and competitiors, that i have 1 question - maybe its hard for them to be there.
I think FS must bring a little more happy and beautifull moments in your life, but not made your life worst. This could be magick - like this year Sarah Maier gold at ECh.
I know, you all laugh over me, my bad english and think i am crazy uber. But i want post this. I watch FS so many years and it bring something good in my life. If i was so angry, when i watching it, maybe i find something to do with my life - not spend my life on sarcasm and hatred
Sorry.

The Accordion
02-20-2011, 08:44 PM
I watch FS so many years and it bring something good in my life. If i was so angry, when i watching it, maybe i find something to do with my life - not spend my life on sarcasm and hatred
Sorry.

:cheer: :cheer: :respec:

foreverblue
02-20-2011, 11:24 PM
I'm new here, but a long time fan of ice dance--going back to Torvill and Dean. Can I just say that from what I've seen of this FD, I'm more excited to see this one than anything else I've seen so far from them? I can't wait to see the rest of it!

pamela95
02-20-2011, 11:30 PM
Whole post

Accordion, I loved this post so much that I had to come out of lurkdom and tell you how amazing it was. I wish you would post this all over this forum. Maybe it would sink in to a few peopleís consciousness (though probably not).

I have no problem with people not liking Tessa and Scott. After all, there are lots of skaters that I donít care for, but I donít feel the need to bash them or tear down them and their fans. I really wonder about some people sometimes.

V/M are the reason I got back into watching skating. After 2002, I drifted away from the sport. During the 2006 Olympics, I half-watched the mens and womens events and thatís it. Then, in January 2007, one Sunday I was home flicking through the channels and came across Nationals. V/M had just taken the ice. I stopped to watch, and instantly I was hooked.

So thank you Tessa and Scott for re-introducing me to a sport I once loved.

professordeb
02-20-2011, 11:38 PM
I am sooooo loving the outpouring of lurve for Tessa & Scott. Here's to us V&M fans & uberfans!!!

tapper88
02-20-2011, 11:42 PM
I know, this thread is so positive lately- love it :)

That was brave of Scott and Tessa to withdraw. I have an immense respect for them, in which was probably one of the hardest decisions they've had to make. I've lost a bit of respect for the CBC commentators though who were insinuating Scott was mad at Tessa, by repeatedly stating that "Scott doesn't look happy."

Can anyone make out what Scott says to Tessa in the FD video? Is anyone good at reading lips? I've tried but I can't!

leafygreens
02-20-2011, 11:44 PM
Tessa's comment about what it meant to her personally to go the 2010 Olympics: "Everything."

Doesn't every athlete think the Olympics are everything? Tessa is not the only athlete who has pushed through pain to get there and have it mean a lot to them. The Olympics are the defining moment of every athlete in every sport. Watch Bud Greenspan's docu's...

flowerpower
02-21-2011, 12:11 AM
Doesn't every athlete think the Olympics are everything? Tessa is not the only athlete who has pushed through pain to get there and have it mean a lot to them. The Olympics are the defining moment of every athlete in every sport. Watch Bud Greenspan's docu's...

Never said she was the only one. But this thread is about V/M, so the comment was about her.

I am concerned about all athletes who push themselves through pain to compete, if it comes at the expense of their long-term health. Hopefully that will not be the case here.

jenji124
02-21-2011, 12:50 AM
Whole Post

thank you for you post. You've expressed everything that I've wanted to say. I don't understand people that spend their time watch something they hate and then proceed to question and dismiss fans who like them. I'm not saying everyone has to like them, but it is all the time from specific people, we get you don't like them. I've been a fan of Tessa and Scott since they were juniors and I don't post a lot just because I am tired of the people who are vocal in their dislike for them. I just keep quiet and read because I don't feel the need to defend a team that I have loved for so long.

Like many of you said I too can't wait to see the rest of the FD

The Accordion
02-21-2011, 01:04 AM
Accordion, I loved this post so much that I had to come out of lurkdom and tell you how amazing it was. I wish you would post this all over this forum. Maybe it would sink in to a few peopleís consciousness (though probably not).

Thank you and Woot!
Welcome! And you should definitely stay out - of lurkerdom:)!

jl22aries
02-21-2011, 01:51 AM
V/M are the reason I got back into watching skating. After 2002, I drifted away from the sport. During the 2006 Olympics, I half-watched the mens and womens events and thatís it. Then, in January 2007, one Sunday I was home flicking through the channels and came across Nationals. V/M had just taken the ice. I stopped to watch, and instantly I was hooked.

I have been a fan of figure skating since I was 4 years old living in Calgary with my vague memories of the '88 Olympics, and over the years I've drifted in and out of spectating, and had never been particularly keen on following ice dance. I as well remember flicking on the tv in 2007 and catching VM's tango OD, never having heard of them, and being mesmerized immediately. They pulled me back into the sport and pulled me into ice dance. I think they are unequivocally talented, with a very special chemistry, and while I fancy myself level headed enough to appreciate the unique talents of all teams, I can't understand how anyone could question VM's polish, charisma, skating skills, and connection. They kick ass and I love them.

jl22aries
02-21-2011, 01:55 AM
I have been a fan of figure skating since I was 4 years old living in Calgary with my vague memories of the '88 Olympics, and over the years I've drifted in and out of spectating, and had never been particularly keen on following ice dance. I as well remember flicking on the tv in 2007 and catching VM's tango OD, never having heard of them, and being mesmerized immediately. They pulled me back into the sport and pulled me into ice dance. I think they are unequivocally talented, with a very special chemistry, and while I fancy myself level headed enough to appreciate the unique talents of all teams, I can't understand how anyone could question VM's polish, charisma, skating skills, and connection. They kick ass and I love them.

P.S. I suspect the boards can seem over run with negativity that shouldn't reflect the viewership, skate fan public, nor the voices of FSU'ers. I myself read/lurk more than I comment and vastly feel put out, and shirk away from joining the conversation because it is so nasty. Maybe us fans with positive things to say should feel more inclined to voice ourselves and to share, and certainly not feel intimidated by the loud posters who, when you really whittle it down, bully bully bully.

smileyskate
02-21-2011, 02:06 AM
The cameras likely came over since this is "sports" & that is what they do to get the latest information or "scoop".
I have seen what happened twice and I heard Tessa say it was her fault, after Scott skated away to the ref. I think Marina was being firm with Scott prior to that. Tessa seemed very aware that people/cameras were around as she kept looking around to see who could hear. She did not look to be in a ton of pain, but maybe there was some relief being able to stand there and not put as much pressure on the quad. As you know, being nervous/upset for messing up (like on the twizzles or maybe a lift not being exactly as planned) and worrying that you aren't going to get 1st when you are the O champs, can make any pain or twinge you have become worse.
Tessa looked great, but did not need those super big fake eyelashes that they had a close-up on. The weight of those things must make it difficult to keep the eyes open.
Health needs to come first so here is hoping everyone is able to train and to stay healthy! It will be great to see the whole program in a competition (or exhib if that is how things play out).

tapper88
02-21-2011, 02:17 AM
Tessa actually said "It's my quad" not "it's my fault."

:)

But I'm sure she felt like that. I would hope Marina wouldn't have to be too hard on Scott, and that he understood. I'm sure he did, he was very supportive even before Marina talked to him, when he grabbed Tessa's hand as they went to the board.