PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir # 10 - Mujer Latina

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

jl22aries
05-01-2011, 05:46 AM
P.S. I really love how Tessa and Scott can move their bodies. They're just so sexy. It would be fantastic to see more programs like this, anything that would accentuate their more floor/club dancing abilities.

pani
05-01-2011, 07:09 AM
Sad T-S didnt have there own fns. But its OK.
I agree - this situation look common with B-A in 2008. But a little different. B-A fall - thats why couldnt won when they had best FD in 2007-2008 season.
Dont think if B-A stay with Zueva - D-W won silver at 2010 OG. But D-Wnd B-A was from own country.
As for V-M - this team, like team from Lithunia, give so much judging support for S-Z. Why coaches let T-S skate this season how do you think? She could rest, she could have more time for rehabilitation. What is with her legs now? Did she need to skate something so fast and difficult with this injury? Especially for giving D-W gold? Especially if, like sap5 wright - to skate something so generic, like usually, when D-W every time show somethig masterpies in FSU opinion?
I think for V-M to find new coaches - this mean left S-Z without Skate Canada support. In there case the main problem is - to show something not in Zueva style. For B-A - this was technick, this was a loot off mistakes ect. So V-M could have things easy with new coaching, then B-A.
And sad - even is they skate, like one person in SD, show new dance style and elements in FD - they always not good enough for you, like ideal ice dance4r Davis is for you :D
My opinion - they need to skate in shows, if they dont want try something new in coaching. They dont need to give Davis all there liftes and elements.

Bue
05-01-2011, 12:20 PM
is it me or does tessa look like she has gained some weight? she doesnt look as slender as last year. i like her tanned look this time--makes her look more mature, sophisticated, exotic, edgy and capable of more sensuous expressions. love her ponytail! and i really appreciate their FD more than last year's. it's a style that hasnt been seen on them for a while.

Yes, I thought this was very positive actually. She looked more athletic and a little less frail if I dare say so! In the KnC I thought her body looked fantastic. I wonder if Tessa will slim down again next year though - Meryl's still as thin as ever.

karen
05-01-2011, 12:29 PM
I agree that Tessa looks less frail and that it's a good thing! I hope that's a good sign for her :)

I really enjoyed their free dance. It's too bad we didn't get to see it developed over the whole season, but I'm so glad they competed it once at world's. I think it's great that they really committed to doing something different and I hope that if they continue next year they'll keep pushing their limits. I think a lot of people who usually find their programs boring were surprised to find this program interesting and different.

They definitely looked a tiny bit off in a couple places, which made a big difference compared to Davis and White, who have really perfected that free dance. (I also agree with sap5 that V/M's step sequences were not exactly earth-shattering.)

As many others have said, it's a victory just that they got to world's to compete and I'm happy to see them looking so happy.

frisette70
05-01-2011, 12:31 PM
Tessa said that for the first time in a long time she feels like an athlete because she can train at the gim. She look very fit to me!:)

clarie
05-01-2011, 01:15 PM
I would love to see them use their FD (with some modifications, of course) as a exhibition program for next year. It's such a shame to retire it into oblivion, and it's such a hot program for them. She probably gained some weight not being able to train so much, and there probably wasn't enough time to take it off. She looked very frail at Skate Canada after her surgery (signing books) but probably gained some overtime while she was recovering. I think she still looked buff.

briancoogaert
05-01-2011, 01:24 PM
P.S. I really love how Tessa and Scott can move their bodies. They're just so sexy. It would be fantastic to see more programs like this, anything that would accentuate their more floor/club dancing abilities.
I agree, it proves they are real dancers, on and off the ice.

VarBar
05-01-2011, 02:15 PM
Tessa and Scott were fantastic yesterday, they got the audience on its feet. They are THE DANCERS.

Judy
05-01-2011, 02:21 PM
Yes, I thought this was very positive actually. She looked more athletic and a little less frail if I dare say so! In the KnC I thought her body looked fantastic. I wonder if Tessa will slim down again next year though - Meryl's still as thin as ever.

Tessa didn't gain weight - she muscled up especially upper body. I suspect she needs it for those incredible lifts - wow!

No way are they leaving Marina and Igor and they'd have to be crazy if they did. It couldn't be more obvious that the coaches give their all to their teams .. they were all on the podium.

I didn't bash B&A when they left. Similar to when a hockey team fires the coach I think they felt they needed a change. I do agree that perhaps they were pushed out a bit but maybe Z&S have learned from that .. or maybe the coaches preferred that they leave too .. who knows.

As for the comment from Pani above regarding why did the coaches make them compete .. they didn't. The coaches wanted them to take the year off and V&M made the choice not to. I think it was a wise decision. If you can take that much time off from a severe injury and perform like that .. I think it bodes well for the future. If you look at last year's programs they built that OD up throughout the whole year. If they had been fully able to compete that program as normal they likely would be world champions again. Injury is part of sport and I suspect a lot of them compete through pain (Josee Chouinard said that during one of the competitions, it's hard not to find a skater that isn't dealing with something or other).

I have no doubt a hungry V&M will be back in full force next year. I choose to think of the positive side and look forward to an amazing year next season with an edge of your seat - who is going to win?? - type of feeling :) This is excellent for the sport.

sliver98
05-01-2011, 02:26 PM
with a full season they probably would have beaten the FD world record to get a score like that the first time out was amazing, D&W have all the technical tricks but they are not real dancers maybe they need to Call Al Pacino he could explain to them how you are supposed to dance a tango:lol:

sliver98
05-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Pani don`t worry tessa and scott will be world champions again next year with a full year of competition the judges will give it to them.

Judy
05-01-2011, 02:39 PM
with a full season they probably would have beaten the FD world record to get a score like that the first time out was amazing, D&W have all the technical tricks but they are not real dancers maybe they need to Call Al Pacino he could explain to them how you are supposed to dance a tango:lol:

As Olympic silver medalists and world champions it's unfair to say they are not "real dancers". I thought they did a great job with that FD. What's the point in attacking a team just because your favourite lost? It makes V&M fans look bad as well as being childish.

Really
05-01-2011, 03:20 PM
As Olympic silver medalists and world champions it's unfair to say they are not "real dancers". I thought they did a great job with that FD. What's the point in attacking a team just because your favourite lost? It makes V&M fans look bad as well as being childish.Well, it makes *certain* obsessed fans look childish. Most V&M fans acknowledged the job well done by Davis and White, and are really pleased that Virtue and Moir were able to skate that well in their first full competition. V&M and D&W don't seem to have any issues training together and competing against each other; I'm really not sure why some of their fans do...:confused:

DFJ
05-01-2011, 03:50 PM
Most V&M fans acknowledged the job well done by Davis and White, and are really pleased that Virtue and Moir were able to skate that well in their first full competition. V&M and D&W don't seem to have any issues training together and competing against each other; I'm really not sure why some of their fans do...:confused:

Bingo!

Just watched V/M's FD again...what that could have been with a full season of competing...wow!

OlieRow
05-01-2011, 04:56 PM
I'm really hoping they can somehow incorporate the FD into parts of the SD. Or at least capture the flavor of it as it was such a fun and exciting program. Major props to them for doing something totally different and challenging themselves!