PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir # 10 - Mujer Latina

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

DFJ
05-01-2011, 12:21 AM
Will watch Tracy Wilson's commentary in a couple of minutes...interested to hear her take on this. Needless to say, the CBC website is alive with some rather negative comments on the results of this competition.

pani
05-01-2011, 12:33 AM
I only cant understand 1 thing - D-W marks for SD with there not the best skating.
But this is life - today you are the winner, tomorrow- you are the loser. The most important thing is - to stop compete in the right time :D
And i think audience support V-M the most - even during award ceremony.
But we have new WCh. New ice dance ideal and reall FSU love/ No boring champions anymore :dog::dog:

Judy
05-01-2011, 12:41 AM
Honestly, they didnt look happy. Tessa take off her medal when she made her first step from ice. And they didnt look at coaches and didnt want to made even photos.
Scotts mom was crying.
I think this was last WCh for them. And i think this will be good for them to not compete because talent isnt importatnt anymore.
Audience support them a lot - they had biggest standing ovations.
This was really greate debute for Shibs - they will be OGM 2014.
FSU will be so happy - no boring programs anymore, no such a bad dancers.

Pani come on. Were they disappointed? yes I'm sure they were. I'm sure D&W were disappointed when they didn't win olympic gold and world championship last year. Tessa has been through a hell of a recovery for a serious injury and in a couple of days - if they haven't already - they'll be formulating their plan for next year.

I would have loved if they won a 2nd world championship but they'll be back next year and it'll be terrific to watch. In no way do I think this was fixed judging. D&W competed well all season, V&M competed once due to her recovery.

Try to be more positive. It's a sport and there are winners and runners up and losers (the french team devastated by blowing their position).

Judy
05-01-2011, 12:47 AM
I kind of knew that the odds were stacked against V&M; between mistakes not costing D&W as much as they seem to cost others and V&M's absence all season it would be an uphill climb. While I'm happy Tessa and Scott skated well I at least thought I could take consolation in P&B winning their first World medal. I'm not really in the mood to watch tonight. Maybe I'll try and catch a repeat or just watch V&M on youtube at some point.

Since I didn't see the FD I won't/can't say anything about S&S just yet.

(((((((pani)))))))

Did I hear that the french are changing coaches next year? I've thought for quite a while that they needed to make a change if for nothing else then their mental strength competing. It will be an interesting year next year because the competition is fierce!

Pani try and think of it this way .. in the Olympic year V&M had to compete throughout the season to elevate their OD to get it ready for Olympic gold. It started off so-so and they lost to D&W a couple of times but it built after that. Ice dancing isn't a walk in the park anymore but it's a good thing for the sport.

tapper88
05-01-2011, 12:47 AM
In the K&C Scott says "That's at least silver, right? Good for this year"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgjtvQ8HJ-g (7:32 onwards).

zotza
05-01-2011, 12:49 AM
After these two couple of days I was ready to give up on following ice dancing after 22 years...The only discipline I could say I'm in love with...
But I decided not to, and keep my favourites on dvd and only watch them when I want to enjoy ice dancing.
It was some of the most strange,irrational judging going on,it was like everything was changing every single minute.One thing that made me cringe was the fact that it looked like the judges didn't know what they really wanted.When the Lithuanians got a 53. something at the SD I started to understand it's going to be weird.And it was.
The result,as I saw it ,was that most of the contenders were extremely nervous, so I'm glad that T/S didn't crack under the circumstance.
But it's not that they lost..It's the way everything hapenned these past few days, the fact that I thought I was watching them skating the hell out of a program that wasn't "them" and I don't know what more they could do.They were absolutely fantastic in it,as it was.
Maybe I'm just sad because all of my favourite teams had bad luck today.Maybe I just lost my taste in ice dancing, but I have to live with the fact that I like my bad taste just the way it is.

sap5
05-01-2011, 12:53 AM
I thought the judging was right. V&M's program was good and it was great to see Scott and Tessa having so much fun out there, but...it was really empty in-between the big tricks. It reminded me a lot of Valse Triste -- or an old B&A program. Plus, the step sequences were totally generic. There was nothing samba-esque about that first sequence (while the version we saw at 4CC's had a least a hint of latin dance in it).

There's no question they are supremely talented and are great dancers -- there were flashes in that FD that were truly spectacular (the beginning and very end). I'd love to see an FD that lived up to the promise of this one -- a FD that truly shows their dance abilities. I'm hoping that if they're healthy next year, and decide to come back and compete, that's what we'll see. In the meantime, congratulations on winning a silver during such a challenging season! A job well done.

sliver98
05-01-2011, 01:10 AM
I`m certain tessa and scott will dump shpilband and zueva their goal is to repeat as oly champs that program was brilliant they need coaches that give them full attention.

Judy
05-01-2011, 01:52 AM
Nobody is going to dump Z&S. They have just proved again they are the most powerful ice dance coaching team out there.

Empty between the elements? I'm not sure which program that the person who said that above was watching.

sliver98
05-01-2011, 01:54 AM
There not that powerful no one is, anyway i hope they come back strong next year and get back the title in france, worlds in 2013 is in canada i`m sure they will be there.

OlieRow
05-01-2011, 01:59 AM
I`m certain tessa and scott will dump shpilband and zueva their goal is to repeat as oly champs that program was brilliant they need coaches that give them full attention.

The set up in Canton (assuming there's not a ton of behind the scenes drama) is probably one of the best they'll be able to find. They're close enough to home that they can go back on the weekends and Tessa's close enough to Windsor to take classes and receive physio.

Being on the ice with your direct competition every day might not seem ideal, but I think it really pushes both teams (plus the others) and brings out the best in them. I think having a coach give you their full attention can have its perks and I'd love to see them go elsewhere for choreography, but from my own non-skating experience, training in a competitive environment is highly motivational.

sliver98
05-01-2011, 02:06 AM
They are a great enough team that they could fit great with another coach, Platov is now stuck coaching lower ranked teams i`m sure he would love to coach them.

marbri
05-01-2011, 02:19 AM
This talk reminds me of the struggle B&A went through after Worlds 2008 when everyone was whispering in their ear to dump Z&S because they deserved to be number one with their coach.

It didn't work out so well for them. Part of that may be B&A had already peaked but I do hope V&M have a weeks peace before people start whispering in their ear ;)

sliver98
05-01-2011, 02:24 AM
what was interesting was tessa`s comment in the CBC interview when she said we will reevaluate there is no question they are coming back next year but with maybe different coaches.

sequins
05-01-2011, 03:15 AM
Just to wander off topic for a minute. I just watched their FD again I gotta say that slow lift on 'Temptation' (you know the one) is so hot it's just unreal and they are so gonna come back next year. They're so competitive you can almost feel it especially Scott, they'll be back. IMO keep the coaches, at least till next year.

I know I don't post a lot and maybe I shouldn't say this but Pani if you are such a fan why do you have so much 'doom and gloom' when it comes to V&M. Before the Olys and during this seasons injury you're telling Scott to get a new partener, then you're telling them to quit etc. If your a fan be happy, enjoy the moment, enjoy the greatness you were lucky enough to be witness to because when they are gone you'll miss them & it goes by fast. So why all the drama?