PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir # 10 - Mujer Latina

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Lissa
04-30-2011, 07:13 PM
So was it true that V&M had a couple bobbles here & there & that is what probably lost them the title again?

OlieRow
04-30-2011, 07:15 PM
I hope they'll be back next season, healthy, stronger... :cheer2:

As exciting as the new FD was, this was the brightest part of the afternoon for me. They looked so happy (both skating and on the podium) and relaxed. I really hope they'll come back at 100% next year and reclaim the top spot. Just looking at Tessa's physical appearance now compared to the past 2 seasons it's much more obvious just how little training she was able to do. Part of it could be the tan, but I think she looks much stronger, much more fit, and kind of free.

ETA: I only noticed one very slight bobble. I think they "lost" because they just didn't have the miles under the program that D/W did. Over the course of the season, D/W were able to get feedback and make subtle changes to maximize the points. They really only had one shot to get it right. I think this is definitely a case of winning silver vs. losing gold.

sliver98
04-30-2011, 07:15 PM
i did not see the bobbles, i think tessa and scott judging by their interviews knew they were not gonna win based on politics for davis and white and the season overall.

frisette70
04-30-2011, 07:24 PM
I love that FD!!!!:cool::rockstar:

clarie
04-30-2011, 07:33 PM
That was the most entertaining FD I've seen. I loved the hotness, the music cuts, and Scot and Tessa's commitment to the rythm. So awsome. So nice to see them enjoy their own skating and having fun with it. Cudos to them for at least going out and doing it this year. I don't suppose it made any difference that there was a U.S teki, and Judge, but no Canuck judge.........comments?

clarie
04-30-2011, 07:33 PM
I also hope Pani enjoyed herself :D.

jenji124
04-30-2011, 07:35 PM
They looked so happy to be skating and I loved the FD. I hope they go in that direction in the years to come. Can't wait to see what they come up with now that Tessa is without pain, they both looked great, very mature.

cailuj365
That was a great FD! I loved it. That first minute especially was incredible.

Lissa
As exciting as the new FD was, this was the brightest part of the afternoon for me. They looked so happy (both skating and on the podium) and relaxed. I really hope they'll come back at 100% next year and reclaim the top spot. Just looking at Tessa's physical appearance now compared to the past 2 seasons it's much more obvious just how little training she was able to do. Part of it could be the tan, but I think she looks much stronger, much more fit, and kind of free.

ETA: I only noticed one very slight bobble. I think they "lost" because they just didn't have the miles under the program that D/W did. Over the course of the season, D/W were able to get feedback and make subtle changes to maximize the points. They really only had one shot to get it right. I think this is definitely a case of winning silver vs. losing gold.

Yep well said, they won the silver did not lose the gold, they were never getting it since the season belonged to D&W simply because V&M could not compete.

sequins
04-30-2011, 07:36 PM
Can I just say as a fan of both V&M and D&W that while I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED V&M FD & I wish I could see it performed again & again, (what a shame) and while I don't care for D&W FD this year I understand why they won and they deserve it. But much congrats to V&M amazing to pull it all together and pick yourselves up a silver. Not to shabby. Pray you come back next year amazing stuff.

So before everyone starts bashing and complaining can we as North Americans stop and take a moment and just be in awe of how far we've come. Not so long ago would an all N.A. podium be laughable in dance but a N.A. world champ would be near impossible. Thank goodness now in dance anything is possible. It's a great thing. Congrats to the Shibs in their first worlds for getting a bronze & love how both V&M and D&W seemed almost as thrilled for them as they were for themselves.

P&B, heartbreaking, I wanted it so much for them. W&P best performances they've ever done, amazing result!

OlieRow
04-30-2011, 07:37 PM
I don't suppose it made any difference that there was a U.S teki, and Judge, but no Canuck judge.........comments?

Could have, but that's how it works. You compete with the hand you're given - injuries, judges, natural disasters, etc.

cailuj365
04-30-2011, 07:41 PM
Perhaps my only critique would be the lack of transitions in the slower middle section before the circular step sequence. Of course, it could have used a whole season of practice, but who the f really cares, that was great.

Judy
04-30-2011, 08:04 PM
I'm a big V&M fan but they were a little sluggish in parts and I put this down to lack of competition this year. You have to go out and compete .. obviously the recovery from surgery prevented this and then it was unfortunate that she had an injury at 4cc. Next year will be very interesting as they should be back in top form.

Congratulations to all the medalists!!

Judy
04-30-2011, 08:08 PM
and yes I'd love to see that FD danced again and again!

Twilight1
04-30-2011, 08:48 PM
Loved that FD and happy they won silver. Next year, if they continue, it will be a whole new game. Both V&M and D&W need to look over their shoulders at W&P and the Shib's.

Quite exciting to see 4 really great teams finish in the top 5 from North America. I was hoping P&B would win the bronze but Shib's earned it.