PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir # 10 - Mujer Latina

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

pamela95
04-30-2011, 03:26 PM
Im so disappointed that I have to miss V/Ms FD. I promised my niece in December that Id go to her dance recital, which happens to be this afternoon. And were going out for dinner after, which means I wont know how well they did until a few hours later. Its going to be torture not knowing.

At least it will be online by the time I get home.

clarie
04-30-2011, 03:34 PM
I'm tempted to go the GS for this........getting tired of the negativity towards V/M since yesterday..............I wish them a great skate today.:)

victoriaheidi
04-30-2011, 03:40 PM
I'm tempted to go the GS for this........getting tired of the negativity towards V/M since yesterday..............I wish them a great skate today.:)

What's so ironic is that, in the D/W thread, people are pretty negative about D/W...

I think we just need to switch threads. ;-)

sliver98
04-30-2011, 03:45 PM
Update no can judge on the panel for fd, there is a us judge and the same tech controller american the odds are now stacked even higher for tessa and Scott.

walei
04-30-2011, 03:52 PM
Well we all know V/M won't win this unless D/W makes a major mistake.

Debrah
04-30-2011, 04:36 PM
Sorry to go against the tide but I thought V&M were sublime, and actually should have received higher marks.

Had D&W skated the way they did earlier in season then marks would have been worthy of being as close as they turned out to be, but honestly felt D&W were a little more tight, something not quite as special in terms of expression as they usually are, but having said that they certainly deserve to be 2nd...

Felt that way about P&B too, they skated better earlier this season, but am glad the standings did not change, otherwise the 2 Russian teams would likely be directly behind V&M, instead of the D&W and P&B, as the Russians benefitted through home town advantage and so both teams skated lights out and from crowd response you's think they were the oly champs. Still, I hated B&S' program even though their skating was excellent, and the speed and passion of I&K was quite remarkable, though again the choreo was not to my taste. Actually preferred I&K to B&S, but I guess Russia 2 is not allowed to beat Russia 1, unless there was a big disaster.

The Italians were gifted, big time, but since I like the team, and with F&S gone, I don't mind as much, even though the new status as national champs likely cost Canada's C&P a spot, but that may have had more to do with Vanessa messing up the twizzle, and the problems they have generally executing that SD, than the Italian's skating skills. Till that point the C &P were doing pretty darn good (for them). I hope they can rally in the FD as it is really quite awesome and it deserves big marks, if they skate it clean. It seems that the higher V&M place, the lower W&P and C&P will go... Alternatively keeping D&W down to silver or bronze depending on FD politiks and how everyone skates, then the higher SHibs and C&Z may climb. Not saying it is that way, but that's how it feels. When V&M were out, C&P were winning GPF medals, now they are sitting in 10th and must be wondering what the hec happened?

If anything, I am most gutted for W&P who should be higher than they are for that fab SD. Now if only the FD were as good. No doubt the results may flip flop but ya never know, the judges may send a message as to who they want to see back next year...

Unless they can go lights out in the FD, and move up in the standings big time, based on that awesome Dean FD, I am guessing it may become increasinly difficult for C&P to return to worlds next year, as Paul and Islam are waiting in the wings, and it seems W&P are finally working things out...

I'd give up 1 man and 1 lady and 1 pair to have 4 Canadian dance teams, but that ain't going to happen and some hard choices will have to be made next year. I hope it will be about the skating skills and not about the politics that decides who makes it to worlds and who doesn't...

So after some reflection and rewatching the SD I think for most part the standings are ok and Judges got it right...

Go V&M cant' wait to see the FD!

Shayii
04-30-2011, 05:41 PM
Oh my goodness is it normal to be so nervous!!!

OlieRow
04-30-2011, 06:02 PM
So glad she went with the gold! I'm can't believe we're finally going to get to see this FD. I never really thought they'd skate this season.

OlieRow
04-30-2011, 06:37 PM
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT.

sliver98
04-30-2011, 06:48 PM
great program amazing they were hosed everyone knows it, D&W only won because they competed the whole year the crowd reaction was so muted when it was announced that D&W won.

victoriaheidi
04-30-2011, 06:58 PM
Can someone post a video? I really want to see!

Lissa
04-30-2011, 07:02 PM
You knew D&W got it cause they were there all season, they were not going to give it too V&M no matter what, it would have looked bad.
:lol:

Shayii
04-30-2011, 07:08 PM
Congrats to both DW and VM!!! And the Asian couple too!!

briancoogaert
04-30-2011, 07:10 PM
LOL, they are not asian, they are american !

Anyway, I've loved the Latino FD ! They are so impressive, they can do everything !
I hope they'll be back next season, healthy, stronger... :cheer2:

leafygreens
04-30-2011, 07:11 PM

You mean Asian-American? The Shibutanis.