PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir # 10 - Mujer Latina

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

walei
02-20-2011, 02:02 PM
Whole post

Thank you so much for this!:kickass:

I also was to say that without a doubt in my mind that Scott is in full support of Tessa. After we know of the extent of Tessa's injury last fall, it really put what Scott said to Tessa at the end of their Olympic winning FD in context. Scott said to Tessa "Thank you so much", knowing what she had to endure for both of them which allowed them to win that OGM.

I think it is sad that there are haterz out there who think they WD because it was a mental issue and Tessa was humiliated by the error. :blah:

Sahararainfall
02-20-2011, 02:18 PM
I think it is sad that there are haterz out there who think they WD because it was a mental issue and Tessa was humiliated by the error. :blah:

I am more saddened by the fact that some of the doubts came from the fans who has followed them for a long time and is familiar with the politics of the sports. The haters' response are very predictable. But from the fans... I know to each on their own opinion but... I don't think TS are saints or faultless or perfect or anything, in fact after this, they seem more human to me now, but to think they will go through all this drama just to lie or cover something.:confused::rolleyes::wall:

tapper88
02-20-2011, 02:19 PM
The fact that Tessa felt it was okay to stop when it was too painful means she is confident in their frendship and knows that Scott won't turn against her.

Well said, well said. I agree completely. If anything, Scott is probably just upset this is all happening to her, and angry about the situation. He was so sweet with her, holding her hand and rubbing her back... looked like he was telling her "don't do this, it's not worth it" (to return to the program). They've solidified their friendship so much since 2008, you just know they won't be estranged again, they love each other too much :)

Proustable
02-20-2011, 02:40 PM
Great post, Sahararainfall.

IoanaC
02-20-2011, 02:46 PM
Sahararainfall, thanks for expressing so well what many of us feel.

pani
02-20-2011, 03:19 PM
Sahararainfall its so grteate you come back! Thank you for your post. And i think Tessa and Scott are happy to have fan, like you.
I like your point about Tessa stop, because she know, Scott will support her in this situation.
I hope they both will made big mental and psychological work before they will go to WCh.
They learn this lesson.

clarie
02-20-2011, 04:33 PM
[QUOTE=Sahararainfall;3083994]
Anyway sorry for the rant, just had to get that out.

:lol: That's ok......I like your rant and I totally agree.

bbkenn
02-20-2011, 04:46 PM
I agree too Sahararainfall. Thanks for your post. I also loved what I got to see of their FD, I can't wait to see the whole thing.

kosjenka
02-20-2011, 06:19 PM
why did the cameraman get all into their faces when Tessa and Scott got to the boards to talk to Marina and Igor?
It was so unappropriated and violating.
You could hear they official(?) in English telling him to step back

pani
02-20-2011, 06:23 PM
why did the cameraman get all into their faces when Tessa and Scott got to the boards to talk to Marina and Igor?
It was so unappropriated and violating.
You could hear they official(?) in English telling him to step back

TV want to see more drama.

sequins
02-20-2011, 06:49 PM
:cheer2:Sahararainfall Awesome post! Everything that's been mulling around in my brain you said it.
Let's get behind them not bring them down. What kind of fan thinks they would fake an injury at all let alone Four Continents of all places. FOUR friggin' CONTINENTS! You know the competition that most top skaters usually avoid. The girl had her legs sliced open, twice, in order to skate so if she's still not feeling quite up to par and is having pain who the heck are we to judge. I guess people would believe it more if she collapsed in a heap at centre ice and wept uncontrollably. Then again they'd probably just accuse her of being a drama queen out for attention. Sometimes you just can't win.

Get better soon Tessa. If you never win another medal in your career I'll still be a fan. All I wanna do is see you guys skate again...and again period.

Pratfall
02-20-2011, 06:58 PM
Sahararainfall , you give good rants !

Of course Scott had to be worried and frustrated with the situation. For those who want to imagine trouble in paradise , there was a lovely shot of Tessa & Scott in the stands together ,watching the ladies final.:P

Having had a chance ,now to rewatch..I love what bits of choreography we've seen even more. Love what they do with the twizzles..and the way they pickout the rhythm with different parts of their bodies is really sophisticated and very ballroom..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgJcPu5Wxrk&feature=related

;);)

flowerpower
02-20-2011, 07:15 PM
Thank you for your posts, Sahararainfall. I agree. Please post often!

Kudos to Scott for his obvious support of Tessa. I am sure part of him is very frustrated by all this but he seems to have it all in perspective. The fact that Tessa felt it was okay to stop when it was too painful means she is confident in their frendship and knows that Scott won't turn against her. For some reason, I don't think Tessa of 2008 or 2009 would have been.

Just one little quibble about the last part, and something I'd like to add. Pre-Olympics, when Tessa pushed herself through pain, I don't believe that she did it out of concern for what Scott would think. He was raised well, to appreciate his partner, and he would have accepted her decisions, even if they were personally disappointing.

Tessa wanted to go to those Olympics and nothing was stopping her. I read PJ Kwong's book, "Taking the Ice", recently. Tessa's comment about what it meant to her personally to go the 2010 Olympics: "Everything."

She is an incredibly driven and goal-oriented athlete. The fact that she stopped this time makes me think that now, post-Olympics, she's given herself permission to listen to her body and stop when she needs to. I really hope that's the case, because the drive that top athletes possess not only allows them to excel, it can also allow them to damage their bodies.

The Accordion
02-20-2011, 07:36 PM
Yay for the V and M rallying!

I think that posters have every right not to like V and M or their dances or S and Z or Canton.

But what bothers me is that so many of the posts are venomous and dismissive of not only V and M but also anyone who likes them or their work.

Don't like them - fine - you have that right. And you also DON'T HAVE TO WATCH THEM!

Golly - spend time with your pet or family, read a good book for 4 and a half minutes - surf the net - then you could spare yourself of the supreme boredome / annoyance etc. of watching them.

I know they might say in response - that I don't have to read their posts- but when reading FSU threads that is easier said than done.

Anyhow - lastly - just for the record

1/Haterz - you may know a lot about dance but many people who are knowledgeable about dance think V and M are pretty fantastic too - including former skaters, commentators, FSU posters and judges. Please stop insinuating that you are in the know and only ignoramuses or people with no taste think otherwise.

2/That their programs are bland/ uninteresting/badly or boringly choreographed / recycled/always the same/COP whoring - is your opinion - not fact. Many disagree with you, although their opinons are not fact either.

3/There are so many lovely ways to spend your time other than watching dances you hate and then trying to convince everyone your ill opinion is right ----if you can just think of them!

nlyoung
02-20-2011, 07:51 PM
One other thought about the recent injury. My understanding is that her past problems were such that she would experience pain, often debilitating, but that skating through the pain would mean more pain, not a more serious injury.

The pulled quad is quite possibly something that if not dealt with properly, i.e. stopping with the more extreme pain she experienced during the dance, she risks a more serious problem that could keep her sidelined for far longer. It's likely that if this had been at the WC she would have pushed through the FS, risking further injury, but there was no need to do so at FC. Their point had been made. Their programs have been seen, albeit the free not in a competitive setting in its entirely. This does not mean she was faking the injury, it just means she was playing it smart so as not to risk further aggravating the problem.

How they fare in 5 weeks will depend entirely on how well they and their rivals skate at that time, not the results of this past week.