PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir # 10 - Mujer Latina

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Rafter
04-29-2011, 01:32 AM
I don't see a resemblance between the two at all. I look more like Middleton than Tessa, but what do i know... and kate i doubt is that tall. I walked past her in person and while tall, she's not THAT tall. When you see her next to William without her heels, you can see it.

I think Alexandra Paul looks more like Kate Middleton than Tessa does.

pingu
04-29-2011, 10:20 AM
Thank you so much for your reports, pingu. What do you think of the FD as a dance? Do you like it?
I love it. Every time I run up and down in the stairs (so quite often) I sing it and everyone is looking at me like if I'm crazy :lol:
I saw the practice this morning, they looked ok. Tessa was wearing the 4CC SD dres, it looks like today they'll decide which outfits use.

clarie
04-29-2011, 05:11 PM
Oh, It's getting close. I'm so nervous for V&M. I know D&W are gonna win this but I so want V&M to do well. Their starting placement is so far back that they're gonna be buried......biting fingernails. I'm a mature woman lol.......I shouldn't be feeling like this. Go V&M!!! Good luck to the other Canucks as well.

Lissa
04-29-2011, 07:39 PM
V&M are in first by less than a point, seriously WTH is that, D&W were shaky on their twizzles & should be farther back than that, guess the judges don't want to look too biased & mark it like it should have been or V&M would have been way ahead & there would be no drama :lol:
V&M were flawless!

Carmen Ovsiannikov
04-29-2011, 08:03 PM
Thanks Lissa. I saw the standings and am happy with them (especially the
1st, 3rd and 4th place) but haven't read the PBP yet so I didn't know how well the top two skated.

claire it does seem as if the judges want to give the nod to D&W. Just as at 4CC's, they make a mistake on the twizzles but are still close to V&M. Of course at 4CC's V&M were said to have been less than 100% but if Tessa and Scott were skating anywhere near close to normal then one would think the point spread should be a little bit wider.

IMO V&M are going to have to really bring it in the FD and D&W are going to have to botch twizzles again for them to repeat as champions. At least V&M skated well.

bbkenn
04-29-2011, 08:26 PM
I had to come here to talk positively about V&M. Lots of negativity on the PBP re: V&M; most were gushing over I/L, and D&W. They kept saying how boring V&M's SD was. Can't wait to see it.

cailuj365
04-29-2011, 08:42 PM
I had to come here to talk positively about V&M. Lots of negativity on the PBP re: V&M; most were gushing over I/L, and D&W. They kept saying how boring V&M's SD was. Can't wait to see it.

Interesting. I can't wait to see it either. I don't have access to K&C any more, but at Goldenskate, the comments are reverse. Lots of gushing about V/M and disbelief at D/W and S/S's scores.

clarie
04-29-2011, 09:10 PM
None of the SD's were overly exciting........V&M were perfection though, so I would have thought their tech marks would be higher. I feel some couples were robbed and some (politiks) were gifted. It's wait and see...........from what I've heard and the little I've seen V&M's FD won't be boring.......It'll be hawt!

icedance
04-29-2011, 09:47 PM
As much as I'm excited about T&S performance and scores, can anyone explain why they were given level 3 in the second section of the golden waltz ?

pani
04-29-2011, 09:55 PM
Tessa and Scott was flawers, had big speed, power and really soft knees. I love there artistic impression. I think they was free today.

clarie
04-29-2011, 10:08 PM
Pani...........I glad you got to see them again. Lucky you to see their free dance tomorrow. I wish them a flawless skate ..........I hope they break a world's record again.

sliver98
04-29-2011, 11:19 PM
Go Tessa and Scott show them who`s the boss tomorrow and why your the greatest ice dance team since klimova and Ponomarenko, i laughed at D&W`s overscoring seriously the us fed can`t be more obvious in trying to buy them a gold medal, and Sorry Meryl Davis is so plain jane looking compared to the beauty Tessa:D

literaryfreak
04-29-2011, 11:27 PM
Go Tessa and Scott show them who`s the boss tomorrow and why your the greatest ice dance team since klimova and Ponomarenko, i laughed at D&W`s overscoring seriously the us fed can`t be more obvious in trying to buy them a gold medal, and Sorry Meryl Davis is so plain jane looking compared to the beauty Tessa:D

You feel the need to mention D/W in nearly every post. Why don't you let V/M's skating speak for itself?

sliver98
04-29-2011, 11:34 PM
It does speak for itself lets see how D&W would have skated if Meryl had two surgeries, i know i will fall asleep tomorrow with their snoozefest tango program.

OlieRow
04-30-2011, 12:23 AM
As much as I'm excited about T&S performance and scores, can anyone explain why they were given level 3 in the second section of the golden waltz ?

Just watched on Universal and the commentator was talking about the snow on the 3-turn, maybe there was some sloppiness that cost them a level? Not sure? I thought the skate was solid, especially considering the time off, but the program doesn't really stand out. They skated well, but probably could have been a little more polished. The lady for Universal specifically called them out as lacking a little flow (other than the one spot on the GW had me :confused:) and speed (which I couldn't judge over the TV).

It does speak for itself lets see how D&W would have skated if Meryl had two surgeries, i know i will fall asleep tomorrow with their snoozefest tango program.

Sliver, I'm not sure what Meryl ever did to you, but I wouldn't wish Tessa's injury issues on anyone, especially someone with the talent of Meryl. Who by the way looked stunning in her (new?) purple dress and sophisticated up do.

I know this is a V/M squeal thread, but IMO there's not really much room to complain about the marks. D/W have improved a ton and V/M are just a tad short their usual level of polish. As proud as I am of V/M for coming back so strong after injury, we can't put an asterisk by the score saying it was x # of months post op. Everyone has to be judged by the same standard and if V/M aren't quite back at 100%, they shouldn't be held up based on reputation.