PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir # 10 - Mujer Latina

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Carmen Ovsiannikov
04-27-2011, 02:11 AM
pingu, thanks for the practice report. Very happy to hear that Tessa and Scott would have been ready had Worlds been able to go on as scheduled in Tokyo. I absolutely love Tessa's new dress and hope that V&M can continue on the same track for the entire week. For whatever reason I'm not really into World's (or skating in general this year) but I am planning on watching the dance finals on Saturday no matter where V&M finish just to get their new FD on tape. I was enthusiastic about the first minute of it at 4CC's.

alilou
04-27-2011, 03:56 AM
Ice dancer Tessa Virtue is a royal head turner
http://www.thestar.com/sports/figureskating/article/980735--ice-dancer-tessa-virtue-is-a-royal-head-turner

Virtue, Moir glad they didn't heed coaches advice, ready to defend world title
http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5jot8DdYdMWdLx_e892TjmTs0NO7w?docId=6670069

pingu
04-27-2011, 05:11 AM
Who is "they"?

Tessa's mom

Carmen Ovsiannikov
04-27-2011, 05:48 AM
I have to laugh at people mistaking Tessa for Kate Middleton. While I can see some resemblance, Kate is 5'10" tall; Tessa is not. People make me :lol: sometimes.

How tall is Tessa?

I do agree with Scott that at the moment V&M are the best in the World but Tessa is also correct that D&W have been given the "winners edit" all season with the judges and commentators and they've been skating well overall. We'll just have to see how it all pans out in the end. All you can ask is that V&M skate their best and show what they are made of no matter what.

pingu
04-27-2011, 11:03 PM
I think Tessa is something like 1.65m
today they didn't attend the practices as they took a day off (the american team took monday as a day off)

Judy
04-27-2011, 11:04 PM
I have to laugh at people mistaking Tessa for Kate Middleton. While I can see some resemblance, Kate is 5'10" tall; Tessa is not. People make me :lol: sometimes.

How tall is Tessa?

I do agree with Scott that at the moment V&M are the best in the World but Tessa is also correct that D&W have been given the "winners edit" all season with the judges and commentators and they've been skating well overall. We'll just have to see how it all pans out in the end. All you can ask is that V&M skate their best and show what they are made of no matter what.

Agreed.

I don't think it's her height but Kate is all about the HAIR in addition to the classic beautiful skin.

If D&W win this year, it will make next year extremely exciting.

tapper88
04-27-2011, 11:45 PM
Thanks for the info, pingu. Hopefully they were able to relax and get some possible sightseeing done.

Judy
04-28-2011, 01:18 AM

How tall is Tessa?

I think in that picture and with Tessa's hair down and long there is a flashing resemblance .. both are classic beauties with the ivory skin. I think Kate is quite a bit taller though lol

liv
04-28-2011, 02:33 AM
I don't see a resemblance between the two at all. I look more like Middleton than Tessa, but what do i know... and kate i doubt is that tall. I walked past her in person and while tall, she's not THAT tall. When you see her next to William without her heels, you can see it.

Carmen Ovsiannikov
04-28-2011, 06:05 AM
The press has been saying that Kate is 5'10" tall. Maybe they kind of exaggerate as they do with most celebrities. I do agree with liv overall though; they don't really look like each other.

Good luck to Scott and Tessa in the SD. I hope they have a :kickass: performance.

alilou
04-28-2011, 07:16 AM
Break from sport helped re-energize pair
Champion ice dancers Virtue and Moir hope to continue their reign at the world championships in Moscow
http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Break+from+sport+helped+energize+pair/4680794/story.html

pingu
04-28-2011, 06:43 PM
T and S did the FD in the morning and SD in the afternoon. They did more elements in the FD than the previuos times, and it looked fine. The SD was ok too. Both were wearing different outfits for the SD, I hope some pics will come out because I'm not good at describing tht stuff in english :rolleyes:
Cappellini/Lanotte are in their same practice group, and during the italians' FD practice Scott was doing some moves from UoC :lol: I also had the chance to speak a little bit with Scott's mom and she's totally like her son! (I mean easy going and funny).

sap5
04-28-2011, 07:03 PM
Thank you so much for your reports, pingu. What do you think of the FD as a dance? Do you like it?

jenji124
04-28-2011, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the reports, Pingu

pani
04-28-2011, 11:47 PM
T and S did the FD in the morning and SD in the afternoon. They did more elements in the FD than the previuos times, and it looked fine. The SD was ok too. Both were wearing different outfits for the SD, I hope some pics will come out because I'm not good at describing tht stuff in english :rolleyes:
Cappellini/Lanotte are in their same practice group, and during the italians' FD practice Scott was doing some moves from UoC :lol: I also had the chance to speak a little bit with Scott's mom and she's totally like her son! (I mean easy going and funny).

Thank you, pingu! What do you think about Tessas legs? Tessa fell at afternoon practie?
We couldnt watch practies, but today we met them and gave presents from russian fans. They looked -i am start nervous now :D