PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir # 10 - Mujer Latina

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Sahararainfall
04-17-2011, 02:09 PM
There was Brenda in Canton, not PJ. <...> But from other hand, this look a little like a children in this situation.
Hope Tessa feel good.

Yep, it was Brenda. Thanks for the correction pani, and it was dated March 27 and as lavenderblue stated, the show itself was probably recorded earlier with Brenda taping from various training locations. IF they did back off a little media-wise, I don't think of the move as being childish, more like damage control after the heat of 4CC, both PR-wise and mentally for them, letting everything cool down before speaking but because the Worlds was postponed, I guess we fans just had to wait longer than we want to to hear from them. Anyway, all these speculations of mine is moot now as we are more likely to hear from them in less than two days. Hope they are ready.:)

... Let's just wait and see what happens, and not get bent out of shape. Worlds will be here soon enough. :)

Yep, less than 2 weeks before FD, with the SD and a royal wedding in between. Seems like an eternity of waiting has gone by for that FD (Why can't time crawl like this when I'm meeting a deadline.:lol:)

Also, I really want to see that samba/rhumba FD of theirs not just because I'm a fan but because with the Latin-themed SD for next year, I'm really curious what kind choreography the Canton coaching team has come up with. (I must admit that for now, i am just following the Canton teams and the Canadian ice dance teams. Haven't reallly watched much of the Euro teams). Watching the rhumba CD, all I could think of is, is this even rhumba? I'm not really the kind of person who would look at a tango or flamenco or paso, samba or rhumba or mambo and lump them all in one big Latin ballroom umbrella. (Probably my obsessive-compulsive tendencies makes me want to categorize things. Give me a samba to watch and I'll ask African, Brazilian, or Mexican? :lol:) But this rhumba CD, I can't seem to place it or recognize a rhumba dance move in it, not that I know that much technically but still... Good thing they added Cha Cha, Samba, Mambo, and Merengue to the choices. Although I have not really researched these CD patterns that much to form any opinion whether they are good or not..

Parsley Sage
04-17-2011, 04:37 PM
Actually the Royal Wedding comes before the SD. Here on CBC the wedding coverage ends at 10am and the SD starts on Bold at 10:30 am EST. 10:00-10:30am I think I will have a shower. :lol:

tapper88
04-17-2011, 04:47 PM
Excuse my ignorance, but can everyone watch Bold who lives in Canada? It just means watching it online at the CBC website doesn't it? Thanks for putting the times in for the wedding and the SD too..!

flowerpower
04-17-2011, 04:53 PM
Excuse my ignorance, but can everyone watch Bold who lives in Canada? It just means watching it online at the CBC website doesn't it? Thanks for putting the times in for the wedding and the SD too..!

Bold is a specialty TV channel affiliated with CBC. You can add it to most cable packages. :)

clarie
04-17-2011, 05:01 PM
Bold is a specialty TV channel affiliated with CBC. You can add it to most cable packages. :)

And to add to that PJ Kwong is the commentator on Bold (which I personally prefer)
, with a guest occasionally, while the CBC has the regular gang with their comments.

tapper88
04-17-2011, 05:27 PM
Damn I don't have it.. :(

Hopefully someone will upload it or something though.

flowerpower
04-17-2011, 05:28 PM
And to add to that PJ Kwong is the commentator on Bold (which I personally prefer)
, with a guest occasionally, while the CBC has the regular gang with their comments.

Yup, on the main CBC network the commentators are usually Tracy Wilson and Kurt Browning, with Scott Russell as host and Brenda Irving doing interviews. They have a big budget, but only show the top competitors.

Bold being a specialty channel, the budget is much lower but they show every competitor, which is wonderful. And I really enjoy PJ's commentary, too. The Bold feed is usually streamed online at the CBC website. Then there's Skatebuzz, which streams a lot of smaller events. And SRC (Radio-Canada, i.e. French CBC) has some coverage of its own with Alain Goldberg commentating.

I really appreciate the coverage we get in Canada, most of it free of charge. You have to pay for Bold as an add-on cable channel, but if you're not looking for big-screen TV viewing you can watch the same coverage on the CBC website without paying anything (so far, anyway). Skatebuzz is also free. Hope it lasts!

ETA: For people who don't know, CBC archives a lot of figure skating coverage on its website (often both main network and Bold versions are available), so you can go back and watch entire events. There are also various interviews and fluff pieces archived there. Unfortunately I think some of this material may be geo-blocked.

tapper88
04-17-2011, 05:37 PM
The Bold feed is usually streamed online at the CBC website.

Good to know- thanks! :)

Yes, Canada is really lucky that way. CBC is really good at making things accessible for Canadians.

sliver98
04-17-2011, 05:53 PM
My brother works for our local cable company he added me bold for free for 2 months:D

flowerpower
04-17-2011, 07:01 PM
My brother works for our local cable company he added me bold for free for 2 months:D

Well-timed!

bbkenn
04-18-2011, 02:31 AM
lucky you.

victoriajh
04-18-2011, 04:30 AM
:D
Damn I don't have it.. :(

Hopefully someone will upload it or something though.
you can order it for 2.95 a month- I order for worlds and then cancel :D

Judy
04-18-2011, 10:33 PM
Has Bold and CBC released their tv schedule yet?
OMG I want to be *sick* and stay home and watch the Royal Wedding on that day too.

frisette70
04-18-2011, 10:41 PM
I can't wait to see that FD! One more week...

clarie
04-18-2011, 10:54 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/story/2010/10/21/spf-cbc-figureskating-schedule.html

That's the schedule for CBC, Bold, and cbc.ca.

I'm programing it into the big screen :D all ready to go on Bold....and recording the CBC stuff.......:) Only 9 more sleeps now :lol: