PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir # 10 - Mujer Latina

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

clarie
04-14-2011, 11:30 PM
What did you think about this?
Focus main priority for Canadian alternates http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/pjkwong/2011/04/focus-main-priority-for-canadian-alternates.html

They'll end up a Worlds eventually.........just hope it's not this year. No new re Tessa and Scott......fingers x'd and double x'd.

Skate Talker
04-14-2011, 11:47 PM
I sure hope that everyone stays healthy too. Though would also love to see what Paul and Islam could do at worlds, it would be best if they have to wait. As far as staying motivated, well it's obviously a long shot that they would get to go but with an alternate already going in for the men and ladies, and the example of the last minute disastrous injury to Jeremy Barrett, they should be able to find some incentive to keep practicing - "just in case". It is also great motivation to train hard and make sure it doesn't happen to them again next year if they can help it.

DORISPULASKI
04-15-2011, 12:15 AM
Does anyone know whether another world sendoff is planned in Detroit?

flowerpower
04-15-2011, 12:18 AM
Re: the Paul/Islam article.. Nothing wrong with being alternates - V&M were Olympic alternates back in 2006, and they've talked about how missing the team that year crystallized their goals and motivated them to work even harder to achieve them. It is quite an achievement to be first alternates already (having beaten Ralph/Hill this year, despite being such a new team).

I think they have a great future, and we're lucky to have so much depth in Canadian ice dance right now. It will be an interesting fight for world team spots over the next Olympic cycle, especially if V&M stay in.

Interesting that they might consider Shpilband/Zoueva for choreo, but then again they've already worked with Romain Hagenauer (sp?) and Dubreuil/Lauzon, so it looks like David Islam likes to experiment with different outside choreographers, which is probably a good thing. Just hope they can stake out some turf of their own, style-wise.

flowerpower
04-15-2011, 12:22 AM
Does anyone know whether another world sendoff is planned in Detroit?

No idea, but I think Arctic Edge announced the last one at the last minute on their Facebook page. Might happen again, so people in Windsor/Detroit might want to keep an eye on Facebook. :)

Pratfall
04-15-2011, 01:31 AM
:) Re: Paul & Islam... I like this team very much and agree the future is very bright for them. I think that reference to Z/S could be a bit misleading, it's probably pj's example, not David Islam's..but I was excited by what he had to say about the improvement they've made since Canadians.

Just speaking of esthetics, they might be my favourite of the teams below V/M in Canada. V/M, of course, are my ultimate favourites , esthetically , technically , emotionally..any way you want to look at it. I can hardly believe we'll see them at last in two weeks.

( Lucky pani will see them in even less time ,since she'll be at the practices...and sending us reports. :D )

clarie
04-15-2011, 01:54 AM
Oh I do hope for some reports from Pani ;) I don't know why everything is so quiet........not even any articles about them and what they are doing and how Tessa is. Why always so much secrecy.

flowerpower
04-15-2011, 02:07 AM
It's probably best not to talk to the press right now. They'll get grilled about her quad, her shins - and if she says her legs are feeling great, some people won't believe that anyways! ;) I suppose there'll be a press conference with the Canadian World team members the week before Worlds, and some articles will be written then.

We'll see them soon enough (fingers crossed).

tapper88
04-15-2011, 06:24 AM
It's probably best not to talk to the press right now. They'll get grilled about her quad, her shins - and if she says her legs are feeling great, some people won't believe that anyways! ;) I suppose there'll be a press conference with the Canadian World team members the week before Worlds, and some articles will be written then.

Agreed- I can see them being grilled about Tessa's shins and that can't go over well on either of their psyche's. Probably best just to lay low until Worlds is closer.

Sahararainfall
04-15-2011, 03:28 PM
Oh I do hope for some reports from Pani ;) I don't know why everything is so quiet........not even any articles about them and what they are doing and how Tessa is. Why always so much secrecy.

I remember after the Japan double tragedy and then the subsequent postponement of the World's, there was some posters wondering why there were no comments or quotes at all from V&M via social networks or skating news media. Since they are not really active from the social network/media perspective, that was not a surprise. What surprised me a little was the absence of quotes even from the Canadian skating media. I mean they are the defending ice dance champs after all, you'd think reporters would ask them for their thoughts and perspective since the other teams/skaters have been asked also.

Never really thought much about that until I have watched the CBS world's championship special where they sort of previewed the teams and skaters in each discipline. With ice dance, they have bits and interviews with W&P and C&P and they even have a bit of PJ Kwong interviewing D&W in Canton with what seems to be Tessa and Scott practicing in the background (although I'm not sure about that). What was weird was no interview with V&M. I mean PJ was there in Canton, the other Canadian ice dance teams were interviewed, so why no interview with V&M? Now, I am not usually into conspiracy theories and such things, but I thought that was really weird. Did they have this sort of semi media blackout back in 2009 after the first surgery? I think I remember reading pre-Worlds 2009 articles about them, even though their comments were very sugarcoated in retrospect. So I guess nothing like this.

We'll see them soon enough (fingers crossed).

Agreed- I can see them being grilled about Tessa's shins and that can't go over well on either of their psyche's. Probably best just to lay low until Worlds is closer.

Same here. After what happened at 4CC, I can understand if Tessa did not want to talk to the media for a while, but both of them? I can't really imagine Scott not saying something if PJ visited them at Canton. If he can say something about make-ups, he sure as heck can say something about Japan and the postponement/relocation of World's. This is just pure speculation of course, but IF their coaches did impose some sort of media silence for both of them (probably mostly to protect Tessa), I agree it was probably for the best. They have so much against them already this season. I guess we fans just have to wait 15 days for that highly elusive FD. I sure as heck pick the right time to be their fan...:)

pani
04-15-2011, 06:36 PM
Same here. After what happened at 4CC, I can understand if Tessa did not want to talk to the media for a while, but both of them? I can't really imagine Scott not saying something if PJ visited them at Canton. If he can say something about make-ups, he sure as heck can say something about Japan and the postponement/relocation of World's. This is just pure speculation of course, but IF their coaches did impose some sort of media silence for both of them (probably mostly to protect Tessa), I agree it was probably for the best. They have so much against them already this season. I guess we fans just have to wait 15 days for that highly elusive FD. I sure as heck pick the right time to be their fan...:)

There was Brenda in Canton, not PJ. I think during Brenda visit Canton, Tessa and Scott was at Canadian Fashion week.
And i think in this situation maybe them both didnt want to talk about what happened at 4CC. They will during WCh, but dont want to do this now. And i think if they will have what to say - they will. But from other hand, this look a little like a children in this situation.
Hope Tessa feel good.

lavenderblue
04-15-2011, 07:10 PM
There was Brenda in Canton, not PJ. I think during Brenda visit Canton, Tessa and Scott was at Canadian Fashion week.

I don't think so, unless Tessa and Scott skipped most of the week of practice. Brenda's interview aired at the end of March (the 28th or 29th?) and probably filmed a few days earlier than that, the show they attended was April 1.

But it looks like they and the other team leaders will be holding conference calls next week: Press Release Service - SIRC (http://www.sirc.ca/news_view.cfm?id=39902)

Shayii
04-15-2011, 08:31 PM
I agree with everything Sahararainfall said. It looked to me that they've been purposely omitted from interviews and such, I was more convinced of this when CBC did an interview with D/W in Canton but nothing with V/M. I don't know what the motive is for the silence, but I feel the reason isn't just because they want to avoid getting grilled about her shins. But I don't know, this is just speculation.

flowerpower
04-15-2011, 11:30 PM
If (and that's a big if) there is an intent to minimize interviews, it could be coming from Skate Canada, their coaches or themselves. No way to tell.

Let's just wait and see what happens, and not get bent out of shape. Worlds will be here soon enough. :)

pani
04-17-2011, 11:53 AM
If (and that's a big if) there is an intent to minimize interviews, it could be coming from Skate Canada, their coaches or themselves. No way to tell.

Let's just wait and see what happens, and not get bent out of shape. Worlds will be here soon enough. :)

This two always want to be the best, so maybe after 4CC they want to prove they are still one of the best in the World. Maybe they dont want to talk how good they are, but want show this on ice? Hope so.
I think we will have a little more information after teleconference 19 April.