PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir # 10 - Mujer Latina

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

tapper88
03-16-2011, 06:59 AM
There is no information going around that Tessa and Scott are retiring. Possibly where people are insinuating something from could be from interviews earlier this year in which Tessa expressed an interest in studying at school more. That's all! People can do both, study and skate.. as per M/C.

I'm doubtful they'll retire after this year, too- although I'm not sure if they'll stick around for Sochi or not. I hope so though!! :)

ETA- The Worlds in October might be beneficial to them, yes, in regards to Tessa's injury. Still perplexed though- will they use this year's FD? Will they have to learn a new SD and new FD to debut after Worlds? I don't know!

OlieRow
03-16-2011, 10:28 AM
I don't think Worlds in October is beneficial to the athletes at all. They need an off season break that is free of the pressure of a looming World Championships. Back when I was in college, if you'd told me the NCAA/Regional/Conference Championships were being moved until the following fall, I (aka my body) would've been a bit upset.

They haven't said anything about plans for next year, just that they're going one year at a time. My hope (aside from them doing what makes them happy ;)) is that they continue for a year and then re-evaluate and decide they really want to skate at Worlds in London so they stay for 2013. And then if they stayed in one more year for 2014, that'd just be icing on the cake!

pani
03-16-2011, 10:30 AM
I dont have any information about T-S plans, Carmen Ovsiannikov. But they talk in all interwie they will discuss will they compete or no every year. So they didnt know - will they compete or no.

I hope if they will still compete, they will made new FD for next season.
This latin FD could be greate number for CSOI.

OlieRow
03-16-2011, 02:31 PM
It could also be adapted to a SD depending on the chosen rhythm. Or would that be frowned upon?

shirley
03-16-2011, 04:38 PM
I never got the vibe that V&M are even considering retiring? If worlds is somehow moved to October of course this is an opportunity for them to get into better shape to develop their programs. OTOH, the idea of Worlds being postponed all the way in Oct. is a bit far-fetched, IMO.

pani
03-18-2011, 05:56 PM
So WCh will be held in October or in the end of April - begining of May in another country.
Yu-Na moved to Korea and looked, like she will not take part at WCh in April-May, because she will have a lot off shows in this time in Korea.
Tessa and Scott must skate in CSOI (like Phanehf) from 21 April. So how do you think, could be this two at WCh in the end of April- beginig of May? They have contract with CSOI...... Your thoughts?
And if they will not go to WCh, but will skate in CSOI in this time, this will be disqualification for them?

tapper88
03-18-2011, 06:35 PM
I think they would much rather compete- so they will probably miss a few shows and return to the SOI cast. I'm seeing them in SOI on May 13th, but would rather have them compete at Worlds, if I had to choose :)

pani
03-19-2011, 07:03 PM
So at GSD its a really big discussion about WCH and that V-M must skate in CSOI and will not go to WCh.
I think all understand, that even if they will not compete this didnt mean WCh must be cancelled.

maggylyn
03-19-2011, 07:17 PM
So at GSD its a really big discussion about WCH and that V-M must skate in CSOI and will not go to WCh.
I think all understand, that even if they will not compete this didnt mean WCh must be cancelled.

I don't think it was a 'big discussion' as much as it was just one person that seemed to assume V/M should be consulted as far as convenient dates for the Wch. :rolleyes:

The 'discussion' was everyone else setting him/her straight (which I also wanted to do when I saw that post about V/M but then I realized a lot of others had already said it, and better than I could have).

flowerpower
03-19-2011, 07:28 PM
I don't think it was a 'big discussion' as much as it was just one person that seemed to assume V/M should be consulted as far as convenient dates for the Wch. :rolleyes:

The 'discussion' was everyone else setting him/her straight (which I also wanted to do when I saw that post about V/M but then I realized a lot of others had already said it, and better than I could have).

Well, actually I don't think this person wanted to consult V/M. He or she just didn't want their show date cancelled.

Victorskid summed up the situation very well, IMO.

lavenderblue
03-19-2011, 07:34 PM
She, I have reason to believe, and yes, that's her entire concern, especially inasmuch as V/M's lack of commentary on the situation was a supporting argument. I presume Igor's frustration over what this situation has meant for his skaters would not be considered, by her, as applying to what it has also meant for Tessa and Scott, who I'd tend to assume care more about winning more things than missing some show dates in western Canada.

pani
03-19-2011, 07:48 PM
She, if it's the person I think it is, and yes, that's her entire concern, especially inasmuch as V/M's lack of commentary on the situation was a supporting argument. I presume Igor's frustration over what this situation has meant for his skaters would not be considered as applying to what it has also meant for Tessa and Scott, who I'd tend to assume care more about winning more things than missing some show dates in western Canada.

I agree, that Igor talk about his skaters opinion and maybe about T-S too.
If Yu-Na have problem with her contracts - she talk about this.
Tessa Scott didnt tell nothing. Maybe they, like all other skaters, waite when WCh will be hold on or will be cancell.
At least for CSOI its better to have new champions in show.

clarie
03-19-2011, 08:21 PM
Silence is golden (or maybe silver :))..........whatever they decide to do is fine by me, but I think they will opt for Worlds.

jenji124
03-19-2011, 08:38 PM
I would think that Worlds would take precedence over CSOI if it was decided that Worlds would be in May. Worlds are more important than a skating show.

pani
03-19-2011, 09:12 PM
I would think that Worlds would take precedence over CSOI if it was decided that Worlds would be in May. Worlds are more important than a skating show.

If they want compete in next season, they need SB and points for higher reiting, because they miss all season and couldnt have 2 GP events in next season. But this only if they will compete.