PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir # 10 - Mujer Latina

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

pani
03-14-2011, 08:04 PM
Isnt this is werid we didnt have any word from Tessa and Sott?
All skaters show support to Japan. D-W want to made skating-related benefit for Japan and nothing from V-M.
Where they are now, how do you think? Isnt this is relate with what happene with D-D?

OlieRow
03-14-2011, 08:33 PM
All skaters show support to Japan. D-W want to made skating-related benefit for Japan and nothing from V-M.
Where they are now, how do you think? Isnt this is relate with what happene with D-D?

Not really, most of what we've seen is coming from Facebook or Twitter and they don't really communicate with their fans using those avenues.

No idea what you're saying with regards to D/D.

pani
03-14-2011, 08:36 PM
Not really, most of what we've seen is coming from Facebook or Twitter and they don't really communicate with their fans using those avenues.

No idea what you're saying with regards to D/D.

But they show support to Japan - yes, on twitter. facebok, but they did this.
And M-C gave few interwies, and Shibutanies did this.
I think this really will help this teams to be more popular and look more human

clarie
03-14-2011, 08:50 PM
I'm just so sorry for all the atheletes not getting a chance to compete at Worlds after working so hard all season, including Tessa and Scott. Now we will never get a chance to see their FD. I'm sure we will be hearing from them shortly with regards to the Japanese tragedy. Scott and Tessa are not tweeters and usually don't make any comments unless asked by the press. They pretty much keep a low profile in that regard as most people do. That said, I'm certain they are both very upset by the turn of events in Japan as are all of us.

aka_gerbil
03-14-2011, 08:54 PM
I'm just so sorry for all the atheletes not getting a chance to compete at Worlds after working so hard all season, including Tessa and Scott. Now we will never get a chance to see their FD. I'm sure we will be hearing from them shortly with regards to the Japanese tragedy. Scott and Tessa are not tweeters and usually don't make any comments unless asked by the press. They pretty much keep a low profile in that regard as most people do. That said, I'm certain they are both very upset by the turn of events in Japan as are all of us.

Maybe someone will put a vid up on youtube or they'll skate the full thing in a gala or something. If I were them, I'd want the public to at least see the whole thing, even if it weren't in competetion or being scored.

JamieSix
03-14-2011, 08:57 PM

No, not all skaters. I'm waiting for some from V/M, Yu-na hasn't said a thing, neither has Joubert (I don't think?), neither has Verner, neither has I/K, etc.

tapper88
03-14-2011, 08:58 PM
Has if been officially confirmed that Worlds is cancelled? Because I heard "postponed indefinitely." There's a difference!! :)

Pani, I'm sure people don't think Tessa and Scott are "not human." Meryl and Charlie have been interviewed by American reporters, hence why the articles are on them. Tessa doesn't have twitter or facebook, and Scott has a facebook he rarely uses. They like to keep a low profile and there is nothing wrong with that.

clarie
03-14-2011, 09:01 PM
If and when they are asked to comment, I'm sure they will be gracious enough to comment appropriately :)

The Accordion
03-15-2011, 05:26 AM
No, not all skaters. I'm waiting for some from V/M, Yu-na hasn't said a thing, neither has Joubert (I don't think?), neither has Verner, neither has I/K, etc.

Actually - it is possible I have missed some- but the only thing I have heard / read from any one in Skate Canada is from Michael Slipchuk. Nothing from any of the skaters.

DORISPULASKI
03-15-2011, 07:00 AM
Then perhaps that is a Skate Canada policy?

pani
03-15-2011, 07:05 AM
Actually - it is possible I have missed some- but the only thing I have heard / read from any one in Skate Canada is from Michael Slipchuk. Nothing from any of the skaters.

Reynolds, Asher Hill, Patrick Chan, Jeff Buttle, Shae-Lynn did comments on facebook or twitters.
And yes - Yessa didnt like to be a part of social networks, but Scott official FB page was updated before. For example when they war troubles with South and North Korea.

sliver98
03-15-2011, 09:50 PM
Good news Pani for tessa and scott, i wish worlds was cancelled althogether this year so they can come back strong next year with Tessa fully healed. I can`t fanthom the overrated and boring D&W beating a diminished tessa and scott this year.

Judy
03-15-2011, 10:02 PM
I'm sure all the skaters are supportive of Japan and just waiting to hear the news.

I would prefer to see worlds go ahead this year - if possible but I doubt i - wouldn't it be weird if we went 2 years with worlds.

pani
03-15-2011, 10:04 PM
Good news Pani for tessa and scott, i wish worlds was cancelled althogether this year so they can come back strong next year with Tessa fully healed. I can`t fanthom the overrated and boring D&W beating a diminished tessa and scott this year.

Who know, how T-S will look after 5 weeks of traning (and now 2-3 extra weeks)?
And who know - will they compete next season or no? They push threselves so hard to be ready for this year WCh - i dont know why.

And who knows - maybe next season D-W will have more interesting and strong programs. Wist good programs they will be unbeating. This year they have not so good programs....

So, if WCh will hold in October, how do you think, will T-S take part in it or they will retierd?

Carmen Ovsiannikov
03-16-2011, 05:55 AM
Is there some sort of :sekret: information floating around that Tessa and Scott are retiring? I admit to wondering if they will actually stick around till Sochi but I never got the impression they were retiring at the end of this season.

October would be a weird time to hold the World Championships particularly as the GP begins in November. I wonder if that would push the entire GP series for the 11/12 season off. By October, the previous seasons programs are a thing of the past and the skaters are training their new material. It would be odd to have to practice two sets of dances; this years dances for one last go around getting reading for the new season.

D&W like most teams will indeed be improving and might have programs that many find to be stronger material but the other teams wouldn't exactly be sitting around doing nothing. As things stand right now, Tessa and Scott might benefit by the possible unfortunate premature end of the season. Extra time for Tessa to rest and recover and IMO V&M continue to improve as well and who knows how much better teams like I&K, B&S and P&B will become during the off season. Teams with that kind of talent often seem to have large jumps in ability each year. IMO the only reason D&W might seem unbeatable this season is due to Tessa's second surgery and recovery leaving V&M at less than 100%. IMHO a healthy V&M IMO definitely aren't at all inferior to D&W.