PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir # 10 - Mujer Latina

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

tapper88
02-25-2011, 01:45 AM
There is no way that Scott would find another partner. I firmly believe that if one of them was to stop skating, the other would as well. Of course, I can't speak for them, but I find it highly unlikely Scott would look for another partner.

Judy
02-25-2011, 01:57 AM
How all you know, most of people really dont like T-S FD. It was werid for me, when i rerad about this first time, but now people post this everywhere so...
This is Doris thoughts about it

Who can comment on their FD? We really haven't seen it. However, from what little we did see, they seem to be using the same choreo tricks they used in the year they did Pink Floyd, coping with Tessa's injuries, and with the Charleston OD: set the stage with some appropriate almost non skating choreo (and theirs was very good here, but it wasn't skating), and then the circular step was a repeat of previous work with no discernible samba flavor, and fabulous lifts, to distract from what's missing (and you don't have to be able to skate to let your partner lift you and throw you around. The one really good point with the fragment we saw was the circular twizzles IMO, which I really loved. Again, they can do better. And next year, they will

I am uber, so i couldnt (is FSU opinion) be adequate. But i thought, that T-S had really greate cha-cha moves in this FD. So i am wrong again.
I have only 1 question - what they need to do on ice people will be satisfied?
UoS and Mahler was bad, because this was first love, PF - because they didnt see dance in this program, this FD - because it unlatin, unmusical and Tessa have so bad facial expression. Or and dress, and moves... Dont know is this in ice dance today team, wich is so bad in FSU (and maybe overall) opinion.
So if this is constructive criticism i wish to know - what they need to do for FSU stop hate them so much? Or what dance they need to skate to look not so bad, like in this FD?
O how they need to change step sequense, if i cant understand why, but FSU think they use every year?
And there step sequence from last season OD wasnt good too.... (wich was most difficult).
Meryl-Charlie really show this year new step sequence? I don ttalk about any skaters in this tread, but i want to understand - how look step sequense, which skaters change every year.

Pani you worry too much about what other people write. People will attack other skaters all the time. They attack more when the skater is a world medalist or a rising star threatening whatever skater they like. You can read through threads of the same thing throughout FSU. I've learnt to ignore it because the negativity takes a lot of my enjoyment out of skating. V&M are on the right path, lets just hope that Tessa remains injury free.

Anyways - stop being so insecure about them!

teaspoon
02-25-2011, 02:29 AM
There is no way that Scott would find another partner. I firmly believe that if one of them was to stop skating, the other would as well. Of course, I can't speak for them, but I find it highly unlikely Scott would look for another partner.

Yes, he is really graete patner and i am shure didnt want to skate with another patner. But what he will be doing if she couldnt skate? He need a new patner in this case.

flowerpower
02-25-2011, 03:23 AM
Yes, he is really graete patner and i am shure didnt want to skate with another patner. But what he will be doing if she couldnt skate? He need a new patner in this case.

Try not to worry so much! He has a good family and was raised to understand that competitive skating ends some day. Whether it's today or a few years from now, that day will come eventually and he knows it. Part of a life adjustment that all skaters must make.

Maybe you feel that with his talent, he shouldn't stop skating at a young age, since there is so much more he can contribute to the sport. Fair enough, but he'll have to make that decision himself. I'm sure if you asked him today whether he'd ever consider skating with another partner, he'd say "no way", but he might think differently somewhere down the road, if Tessa really can't continue, even for shows.

But why expect the worst? They're still skating. Enjoy their programs.

bbkenn
02-25-2011, 05:57 AM
Do you wish find there golden moment on DVD?
I like this NBC video - greate quality.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_Pc_a-WBSs&feature=player_embedded

Thank you, thank you, thank you Pani. I spent a long time looking for this and for some reason couldn't find it. I really appreciate you posting the link. It is as amazing watching it again, as it was when I saw it that night. Thanks again.

pani
02-25-2011, 06:05 AM
del

pani
02-25-2011, 06:05 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you Pani. I spent a long time looking for this and for some reason couldn't find it. I really appreciate you posting the link. It is as amazing watching it again, as it was when I saw it that night. Thanks again.

No problem :)

4CC photos
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaysimage/sets/72157625990750389/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaysimage/5469857941/in/set-72157625990750389/

Look, like this is really Mary Brannagan sitting next to Tessa. I think this is greate, because Tessa feel more comfortable with her at competitions.
http://www.windsorstar.com/Gallery+Tessa+Virtue/2088050/story.html

sap5
02-25-2011, 09:21 AM
And i didnt see any consructive posts about what V-M need to do with this FD?

pani -- you should ask teaspoon for her thoughts. I think she might have the answers you're looking for.

DORISPULASKI
02-25-2011, 10:36 AM
First I apologize to anyone here. I would not have posted in that vein in a thread that is a V&M thread. pani dragged in something I posted on another board entirely from a thread dedicated to facetiousness.

I suppose I shouldn't keep up with this, but I was considering improvement in expression for both D&W and V&M because if either team decides to go on to Sochi (or both), what they will be facing is probably I&K, and their biggest plus is expression.

And pani, I did say what I thought needed a change in what I have seen so far of the FD was some more samba flavor to the f/w-but I think she was already in pain by that part of the program, so I doubt the version of the f/w we've seen in truly representative of what they can do when she's feeling well enough to skate. But in case that is the way the footwork is supposed to be:

http://www.dancelovers.com/samba_history.html

Samba is a Brazilian dance of African origin. It is typically performed during Carnival. So I expect OTT costumes, OTT expression as though the players were celebrating the last night before the abstemiousness of Lent.

Many figures, used in the Samba today, require a pelvic tilt (Samba tic) action. This action is difficult to accomplish, but without it the dance loses much of its effect. Principal characteristics of the Samba are the rapid steps taken on a quarter of a beat and the pronounced rocking motion and sway of the dancing couple.

Tessa and Scott did a decent job of this in the intro, but if you turn off the sound during the footwork, would you know the dance was even Latin, let alone samba-that's always the test I use for this.

So that's my last word on the subject. In the FD, the judges really don't care about this stuff. It might get rewarded in the choreo and perf PCS marks, but very few of the judges take off for it. You (and Tessa and Scott) certainly don't need to worry about it in terms of winning. I was just hoping the dance would really rock after Lynn Rutherford's glowing description of it, so I was rather disappointed.

IneZR
02-25-2011, 12:10 PM
pani -- you should ask teaspoon for her thoughts. I think she might have the answers you're looking for.

:lol: I thought I was the only one who noticed that pani and teaspoon is actually the same person.

clarie
02-25-2011, 01:02 PM
:lol:
:lol: I thought I was the only one who noticed that pani and teaspoon is actually the same person.

:lol: An alter-ego makes for interesting arguments, think?

OlieRow
02-25-2011, 01:21 PM
:lol:

:lol: An alter-ego makes for interesting arguments, think?

No, it's just highly annoying.

pani
02-25-2011, 01:30 PM
del

pani
02-25-2011, 01:49 PM
del

Rafter
02-25-2011, 03:01 PM
I was just hoping the dance would really rock after Lynn Rutherford's glowing description of it, so I was rather disappointed.

Don't you think it's hard to tell what a FD is supposed to be like after they only did one minute of it?

Also, I think the performance was off after the twizzle mess-up.