PDA

View Full Version : Skate Canada 2011 Announcement!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Parsley Sage
02-18-2011, 03:30 PM
It's in Mississauga, at the Hershey Centre

http://www.skatebuzz.com/ViewNewsArticle.aspx?id=0ccc1083-e550-415f-9667-4b9040274247

HisWeirness
02-18-2011, 03:38 PM
Ticket info:

Tickets for the 2011 Skate Canada International go on sale on Thursday March 10th at 10:00 ET and will be available through www.ticketmaster.ca, by phone 416.870.8000 or in person at the Hershey Centre box office.

luckiest1
02-18-2011, 04:00 PM
Wheeeeeeeeee, I'm in for sure!

oleada
02-18-2011, 04:52 PM
Ooooh, my aunt and uncle live there. If it weren't in the middle of the semester it would be so tempting...

professordeb
02-18-2011, 04:56 PM
Ooooo, Missy gets the prize. Hmmm, wonder if I can convince hubby that I simply MUST go and he has to take care of the puppies.

victorskid
02-18-2011, 06:49 PM
I suspected it would be Skate Canada International #3 in Mississauga, especially when they said that the challenges wouldn't be there this year. You can only ask so much of your volunteer pool in a fairly short time frame.

Rock2
02-18-2011, 10:35 PM
Unbelievable. I was SURE the event would move out of Ontario and that the GPF would have been staged here. I was expecting London as a tuneup for worlds. Now this messes everything up.

If the GPF is in Quebec I have to think it's Quebec City...although I think Montreal's second rink they use for Short Track Speed Skating seats about 6,500. That's an option. Not sure what other Quebec Major Junior Hockey arenas hold at least 5K seats near Montreal or Quebec.
If it's in Montreal I'll go. Quebec City is just a bit too far although stranger things have happened. Would be a great train ride!

Now for Nats. No BC, Ontario or Quebec I'm assuming. I would say Winterpeg and Halifax are front runners, although I wouldn't rule out Edmonton, St. John, Saskatoon or Calgary. I would also have one from that list hosting 2013, too since Worlds are in London. Probably no Ontario nats that year either.

I would have preferred Nats over Skate Canada..but...meh...I'll take it.

A bunch of us live within spitting distance of Mississauga. Stay tuned for posts on billeting opportunities. I have a 2nd bedroom 25mins away from the rink so I might help out.

Bailey_
02-18-2011, 10:35 PM
Of course it is...

Dave of the North
02-18-2011, 10:56 PM
Unbelievable. I was SURE the event would move out of Ontario and that the GPF would have been staged here. I was expecting London as a tuneup for worlds. Now this messes everything up.

If the GPF is in Quebec I have to think it's Quebec City...

A bunch of us live within spitting distance of Mississauga. Stay tuned for posts on billeting opportunities. I have a 2nd bedroom 25mins away from the rink so I might help out.

The official announcement is next week, but Quebec City is apparently where GPF will be.

I was hoping Skate Canada would be here (Saint John). I'm not sure if we can handle Nationals though we did have World Juniors in 1997.

I don't think Halifax is in the running. Maybe Moncton will get Nationals, though they have a QHL junior team so need to work around their schedule.

pat c
02-18-2011, 11:30 PM
Saskatoon just had nats, Regina could do it as they could never do a gpf or SC. They are very booked in the fall, but Jan could be possible.

I'd think Alberta is due, and I'm hoping Calgary. Altho, if they're going to smaller rinks aka London, I wouldn't rule out Red Deer or Lethbridge.

I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't stay in Ont tho.

OrioleBeagle
02-19-2011, 01:21 AM

iDanceonice
02-19-2011, 01:24 AM
Isn't Challenge going to be in Mississauga just a few months later, or am I mistaken?

jp1andonly
02-19-2011, 02:44 AM
no..challenge is NOT going to be in Mississauga next year.

As for nationals..until you know who actually put in a bid there are no front runners. I remember someone saying Halifax had not bid...

Isn't Challenge going to be in Mississauga just a few months later, or am I mistaken?

Really
02-19-2011, 02:44 AM
Enjoy...

jp1andonly
02-19-2011, 02:45 AM
Well unless Moncton put in a bid, they are not a front runner. Does anyone know if they bid? I dont think St. John put in a bid though i could be wrong

The official announcement is next week, but Quebec City is apparently where GPF will be.

I was hoping Skate Canada would be here (Saint John). I'm not sure if we can handle Nationals though we did have World Juniors in 1997.

I don't think Halifax is in the running. Maybe Moncton will get Nationals, though they have a QHL junior team so need to work around their schedule.