PDA

View Full Version : The 2011 Ga-Ga-Gram-Eminem-mys on CBS Sunday night

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41

martian_girl
02-14-2011, 07:27 PM
LCD Soundsystem's "This Is Happening," .

Just a heads up, they are scheduled to be on Colbert tonight.

:rofl:Apparently, the "Beliebers" had fits when their crush didn't win Best Artist. http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/14/hell-hath-no-fury-like-a-belieber-scorned/?hpt=C1
Don't mess with the tweeners! :lol::lol:

Perfect argument for why pre-teens shouldn't have internet access. :lol:

Allen
02-14-2011, 07:34 PM
Just a heads up, they are scheduled to be on Colbert tonight.

Wheee! Thanks for the heads up! I'm so sad that they are disbanding. I wish I could make it to their "farewell" show at Madison Square Garden.

allezfred
02-14-2011, 08:10 PM
Catching up on the highlights programme here and the Aretha medley was almost as frightening as Xtina's makeup. :yikes: :scream:

Whoever let Ricky Martin out of the house dressed in that outfit obviously doesn't love him very much. :yikes:

Liked Lady Gaga's performance. Bit understated for her which is really saying something. :lol:

overedge
02-14-2011, 08:32 PM
I gotta say Gaga was the only one tonight who danced and sang well at the same time. :P Despite what anyone says about her OTT stunts, I admire that she sticks with it and can do her own stuff.

She sang well because she wasn't singing live. It was pretty obvious IMHO. With a live vocal mike things might have been a little different :P

allezfred
02-14-2011, 08:43 PM
She sang well because she wasn't singing live. It was pretty obvious IMHO. With a live vocal mike things might have been a little different :P

Just watched it now and looked and sounded to me like she was. :confused:

I'm enjoying Justin Bieber a lot more live than I do his recorded stuff. :eek: :shuffle:

overedge
02-14-2011, 09:20 PM
I'm enjoying Justin Bieber a lot more live than I do his recorded stuff. :eek: :shuffle:

Fred, turn that show off now. Obviously there are aliens sending mind-melting rays to your brain through the TV set.

Anita18
02-14-2011, 09:51 PM
I think she was at least singing part of it live - you could tell in the enunciation when she blew into the mike a little. The 60 Minutes interview she did with Anderson Cooper claimed that she always sang live, but I guess those claims should never be believed? ;)

equatorial
02-14-2011, 10:51 PM
If that's supposed to be some sort of dig it's the lamest fcuking thing I've read to date. How the hell you relate nationality to musical taste is beyond me. This isn't the first time you write this sort of thing which leads me to believe you have some sort of impression about what influences my likes and dislikes and I doubt anything can change that but you are so fcuking far off base that you aren't even in the bloody ballpark:rolleyes:

Kanye called. He wants his diamond-encrusted butt plug back:shuffle:

marbri
02-14-2011, 11:34 PM
Kanye called. He wants his diamond-encrusted butt plug back:shuffle:

That's your response :rolleyes:

genevieve
02-14-2011, 11:45 PM

Just watched it now and looked and sounded to me like she was. :confused:

One of the things I usually like about Lady GaGa is that she generally sings live - she chooses her choreography based on what's possible to do while singing, and does the harder stuff in the vocal breaks.

She definitely was NOT singing the first part of the song live last night. Once she got on the platform above she was singing live (although with a vocal track once she got back down and dancing). I found that disappointing.

I've seen Fergie do this as well - sing parts live and lip synch the rest. With Fergie it was a lot more obvious between the live and not-live parts. I'm not going to say that Fergie can't sing, but it's clear her voice gets a lot of volume modulation (among other things) during recording.

moebius
02-15-2011, 12:17 AM
This was the first Grammy's I actually watched in its entirety (well sorta, I vacuumed and cleaned during the 1st half of the show) since 1989. When I heard that Muse and Arcade Fire were peforming and that they actually received an award that was televised, I decided to waste 3.5 hrs. I actually would've watched the ones that had Radiohead and Coldplay performing, but I found about after it was televised. I have to say, the Grammys changed a lot since then. Too much performances, not enough awards given out during the televised portion. After all, this is an awards show, not a concert.

JerseySlore
02-15-2011, 12:27 AM
I'm crushed Mumford and Sons didn't win. Crushed! :drama:

deltask8er
02-15-2011, 01:03 AM
E!'s Grammy Fashion Police is on Monday night. Joan Rivers might say something like " I would have arrived by egg, but I had a hysterectomy years ago".

BigB08822
02-15-2011, 01:54 AM
This was the first Grammy's I actually watched in its entirety (well sorta, I vacuumed and cleaned during the 1st half of the show) since 1989. When I heard that Muse and Arcade Fire were peforming and that they actually received an award that was televised, I decided to waste 3.5 hrs. I actually would've watched the ones that had Radiohead and Coldplay performing, but I found about after it was televised. I have to say, the Grammys changed a lot since then. Too much performances, not enough awards given out during the televised portion. After all, this is an awards show, not a concert.

I prefer the performances to seeing the awards given out. Having said that, I wouldn't mind a little more balance. For instance, they didn't air either of the Pop Vocal awards and those are almost always shown. I think they could show 2-3 more awards. They could even do like they sometimes do at these shows and have 2 presenters present 2 awards. Call out the winner, give them their short acceptance speech and get immediately to the next one with another acceptance speech and then cut to commercial. I don't think we needed to see Rhianna perform twice even if both of her performances featured other artists.

MarieM
02-15-2011, 07:57 AM
Arcade Fire got recognition. I'm sure that's all they want since they already have a public who knows them and respect what they do.
Actually, they are quite known in France IMO because they've been going to lots of Festivals in the last 5 to 7 years I'd say !