PDA

View Full Version : The 2011 Ga-Ga-Gram-Eminem-mys on CBS Sunday night

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41

marbri
02-14-2011, 02:48 PM
I love it :P
And if he were Canadian there would be so many people on this board and elsewhere professing their undying love for him and heckling the haters :shuffle:

If that's supposed to be some sort of dig it's the lamest fcuking thing I've read to date. How the hell you relate nationality to musical taste is beyond me. This isn't the first time you write this sort of thing which leads me to believe you have some sort of impression about what influences my likes and dislikes and I doubt anything can change that but you are so fcuking far off base that you aren't even in the bloody ballpark:rolleyes:

taf2002
02-14-2011, 02:48 PM
Thank you. You've proven the point of my last few posts in this thread.

An answer to your question. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Shane)

I grew up on the Kingston Trio but I didn't remember his name either. So does that prove you are more intelligent than the rest of us poor slobs or what? Or did you google KT when they were up for the award?

I did remember Dylan's name though, AAMAF I have never forgotten it. And, no, the Kingston Trio was not bigger than Bob Dylan, he was practically a god in the 60's & 70's. KT was popular for a while but people don't remember the individuals' names like they do other groups like the Rolling Stones or the Beatles.

dbell1
02-14-2011, 03:19 PM
I think a lot of the people who enjoy her music still realize that she's not a particularly genuine or even original performer. A lot of people said similar things about Madonna. But, even though I think she's a phony and more concerned about fame and attention than the music, I do think she really can sing and write and play piano well. I just am not particularly impressed by the meat dresses, eggs, and other stunts.

Just quoting because I'm in total agreement. Less tricks, more flat out singing.

This has got to be my favorite:

I didn't know Howie Mandel was a part of Train .

:rofl:

I can understand now why some people here thought that Rihanna had a big forehead. If it had ridges, she would look like a Klingon.

But no self respecting Klingon would wear a sequined codpiece. :P

I wonder if Johnny Depp's pissed about Mayer trying to look like him? Eh, then again, Russell Brand's been channeling Jack Sparrow for years... :lol:

JILEN
02-14-2011, 03:26 PM
. The fashion on the red carpet was extra fugly this year I thought.

I have the same impression except for Jaylo whom I can't stand for some reason but have to give it to her...she did rock without really trying hard.

allezfred
02-14-2011, 03:31 PM
Thank you. You've proven the point of my last few posts in this thread.

Your posts have a point? Who knew? :shuffle:

dbell1
02-14-2011, 03:45 PM
Gaga had 4 extra points last night. Does that get her extra credit? :2faced:

Anita18
02-14-2011, 04:49 PM
lol.

i mean, the thing with the grammys is that they have to straddle the line between being "respectable" and still getting viewers to watch.

that means giving awards (usually) to the most boring and conservative artists/bands, yet still pandering to the mass by inviting the likes of and nominating bieber, rihanna, katy perry, etc. to perform because they need ratings.
Respectable? The graphics were GOD AWFUL and childish. I kept wondering when they turned into the MTV Movie Awards.

Yeah. Beyonce is the same way too. I think they wear support hose to keep their thighs from jiggling.
Leg muscles jiggle too when you walk. :shuffle: (Bodybuilders don't count!) I've always thought Rihanna and Beyonce always had pretty smokin' bodies. They wear their curves well.

numbers123
02-14-2011, 04:51 PM
Your posts have a point? Who knew? :shuffle:
:rofl:

hirshey girl
02-14-2011, 05:10 PM
:rofl:Apparently, the "Beliebers" had fits when their crush didn't win Best Artist. http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/14/hell-hath-no-fury-like-a-belieber-scorned/?hpt=C1
Don't mess with the tweeners! :lol::lol:

jeffisjeff
02-14-2011, 06:04 PM
Someone other than Lady Antebellum :cheer2:

Seriously! That song drives me batty. I liked it so much better when Sheryl Crow and Kid Rock did it. :P

phoenixflamezzz
02-14-2011, 06:38 PM
Respectable? The graphics were GOD AWFUL and childish. I kept wondering when they turned into the MTV Movie Awards.

i mean, for artists/musicians, it's still the award that they want to get. YOU may not think they are, but for struggling musicians working their butts off out there, you don't think they're want to get invited to and rewarded a grammy? i mean arcade fire of all people, who were so non-mainstream 5 years ago, were ecstatic about winning.

i'm sure esperanza spalding is like yeah whatever. grammys aren't respected anyway so imma throw this in the trash even though my career just got a big boost.

although i'm not sure what graphics have to do with anything. ;)

Anita18
02-14-2011, 07:16 PM
i mean, for artists/musicians, it's still the award that they want to get. YOU may not think they are, but for struggling musicians working their butts off out there, you don't think they're want to get invited to and rewarded a grammy? i mean arcade fire of all people, who were so non-mainstream 5 years ago, were ecstatic about winning.

i'm sure esperanza spalding is like yeah whatever. grammys aren't respected anyway so imma throw this in the trash even though my career just got a big boost.

although i'm not sure what graphics have to do with anything. ;)
I mean that the Academy for the Grammy's seemed to want to aspire to the teen crowd by having those godawful graphics. :P Of course they're still respectable in the public eye, but it comes off like they don't want to be that themselves anymore.

I dunno what previous years' shows look like though, last night was the first time I'd watched in a while. :lol:

Allskate
02-14-2011, 07:17 PM
For those of you looking forward to the new Adele album, it's streaming on NPR's web site:

http://www.npr.org/2011/02/06/133496838/first-listen-adele-21

BigB08822
02-14-2011, 07:17 PM
For those of you looking forward to the new Adele album, it's streaming on NPR's web site:

http://www.npr.org/2011/02/06/133496838/first-listen-adele-21

I've had it for a couple of weeks. It is amazing, one of my favorites in a long long time!

numbers123
02-14-2011, 07:20 PM
I agree with phoenix - for musicians it is still the award that they want to get. And I believe that Anita is referring to the change in Grammys making it more flash than seemingly sustance and respectful? That last night's award show was more like the MTV or People's Choice awards, am I right Anita?

I think that every so often, the Grammys morph into a program/community that reflects the newer artists/groups. I remember when the morph was to rap. You would have thought the world was coming to an end. Why reward that type of music, yada, yada, yada. Same with the Madonna era, same as with any other era.

Today's music is not only about the music but the show/stage presence. That was reflected in the program last night.